G-10 Tailgating Changes

You guys are talking about the tailgating at the top of a garage right? Well not having been in there, maybe I'm missing something but...... since when does one of those huge new ambulances/trucks fit under the access bar at the front of the garage? If that is the argument, then it's moot before they even get into the garage....

From a distance, sounds nutty to me.

It IS nutty, and the "ambulance" thing is garbage and just an attempt at justification. My guess is that some rich booster got bent out of shape because he couldn't drive all the way up to front-and-center just before kickoff. People try that crap every week, and they should know better. I have NO problem with waiting until the witching hour to head to the game, but you have to take what you get (a lower level spot).

As to "overreacting" and wanting "three spots:" I have done neither. I am realistically concerned that the gameday atmosphere that a lot of people have done a lot of planning for and spent a lot of money to create is being severely hampered by the athletic administration. This kind of distancing by the AD also seems to be quite inopportune in timing -- coming off a down year and (another) home loss to a top-10 team, during a major (expensive) renovation project.

For those who either aren't in G-10 or who do not frequent it on gameday, you really have no place in this argument. As a loyal fan who IS there, I can tell you that this IS MOST CERTAINLY a significant issue, and it WILL have repercussions on ticket sales if it stands.

i have been in that garage pregame. there are spots open everywhere on the lower levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure do.

Infact I explained what I do earlier in this thread.

I have also been to G-10. The problem is there are a lot of people there that do take up way more space than they should. It's like the other poster says, if you want a spot to put your tent in, donate enough money and pay for the second spot. Otherwise, quit whining.

Ticket sales will NOT be affected. Give me a break. We were 5-6 last year and the VASF has taken in the most money in the last year than it ever has. If that didn't run people off, asking some of the rich people that might have to "live like the rest of us" from now on isn't gonna affect sales that much either.

Upon reading the post I have altered my opinion on the subject. I think if there is still ample parking available in the garage then take up 4 or 5 or 6 spots. If it is a problem of not having enough parking places for people with the parking passes, then it should be scaled down.

i have been in that garage pregame. there are spots open everywhere on the lower levels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes more money was donated last year but it was not because of the Football program.....

It was because of Bruce Pearl and the resurgence of men's BBall.
The AD states there is no way to determine with accuracy whether the donations where because of BBall or Football but let's get real!!!!!! the football program had a tough year last year.

Pearl almost single handedly raised the money for the new BBALL practice facility (which is separate money). But Pearl is a marketing machine.

Upon reading the post I have altered my opinion on the subject. I think if there is still ample parking available in the garage then take up 4 or 5 or 6 spots. If it is a problem of not having enough parking places for people with the parking passes, then it should be scaled down.

I concur. Well reasoned respone....

Then someone needs to tell the old people to shut the Tuscaloosa up and get there early if you want a decent parking spot. They are probably the same people that leave with 5 minutes to go in a good game like the people sitting beside me at the UF game.

So I'm one of the folks who's got no business talking about this, but here's a different thought. If there's so much room below in G-10, then why not make the top for G-10ers to use for tents and 'gating paraphenalia ONLY. Unload your gear, then move your car down below....thus making more room for the party in the prime access area...

Nobody asked me, and the Pres. isn't in my contacts list, but there's my two....

So I'm one of the folks who's got no business talking about this, but here's a different thought. If there's so much room below in G-10, then why not make the top for G-10ers to use for tents and 'gating paraphenalia ONLY. Unload your gear, then move your car down below....thus making more room for the party in the prime access area...

Nobody asked me, and the Pres. isn't in my contacts list, but there's my two....
Interesting
:question: :question: :question: :question:

Well, first come first serve. That is all there is to it. Of you want the primo spot, get there early. A parking pass does not gaurentee you a spot up top or 3 or whatever. Get over it and get there early. But now, it looks as if you CANT bring a table, tv, power supply, ect.

Large Grill.
Large Cooler.
Two Tables.
4 Chairs.
TV.
Power Supplys.
When IN the garage, I don't NEED the Tent.

Well, them I'm going to bet that if UT sends you a letter saying that you can't bring a grill and can't take up any space aside from the little square for you to fit your car in, you'll be upset, too.

And, for people who park "IN" the garage, THEY AREN'T THE ONES HAMPERED BY TENTS AND GRILLS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

My two cents....tailgating deluxe is a significant part of what makes UT and SEC football so different from any other experience on EARTH. Destroying that aptmosphere around the stadium shows a total disregard for tradition.

My two cents....tailgating deluxe is a significant part of what makes UT and SEC football so different from any other experience on EARTH. Destroying that aptmosphere around the stadium shows a total disregard for tradition.

B-I-N-G-O

Must already be an L Stewart.

I wouldn't want all the complainers not to have the right address. Just wanted to make sure you didn't typo.

This is really pretty simple. If you want top floor of G-10, you go early. We arrived 10 hours before kickoff and, thanks to kiddiedoc, had a blowout tailgate on the top level.

Fans showing up 1-2 hours before kickoff need to be realistic and expect to park in the depths of the garage. This is Tennessee, not Texas, and tailgating means something here.

If you show up late to a movie do you get primo seats? No.
If you show up late for your flight can you upgrade to bulkhead or exit row? No.
If you wait until the last minute to buy concert tickets do you get front row? No.

In all, cases, if you snooze you lose and get whats available.

If people paid for a spot and didn't get it, this would be a completely different argument. However, that it not the case. People are just crying sour grapes because they showed up late and didn't get the first class spot. Tough. Show up earlier next time.

I wouldn't want all the complainers not to have the right address. Just wanted to make sure you didn't typo.

Right on. Sorry if the complaining is bothering you. Maybe we should all just sit down and shut up like our "Section S friend." :eek:lol:

I said it before, I'll say it again.

The parking passes have the rules printed on them.

The enforcement of the rules may be new, but the rules are not. Those people that have been tailgating on top with the tents and mulitple spots have been BREAKING THE RULES.

It's like catching a kid and then having the kid cry because he's being punished for something he KNOWS he was doing wrong.

The parking passes say:

"Please tailgate in front or back of your vehicle."
"One spot per vehicle."
"Parking is first-come first serve: saving spaces will not be allowed."
"No tents or awnings may be errected in parking spaces, or in such a manner as to impede the flow of traffic or disrupt the orderly affairs of the University."

I mean how much more simple can it be? You were breaking the rules and getting away with it, now you won't, and you are complaining. If ANYONE has sour grapes, it looks like the ones that broke the rules have them.

VN Store

Back