Fulmer got in Ainge's face tonight..........

The FB's are very talented physically. But they are either unwilling to play up to their potential or unmotivated to play up to their potential. We need to figure out which on it is and fix the problem.

I always thought the cure for this was to let players sit on the bench for a couple of games.

If they are not playing their position effectively, play 3 WR and a tight end with a single back. I think it would be more effective.

That run Coker got, I think one of the tight ends got a good block to spring him.

I agree with what someone posted on here about Ainge not "stepping UP IN THE POCKET" and instead running straight backwards. He rarely ever even escapes out to the left or right of the pocket (i.e. not losing more yards) and he never steps forward in the pocket (i.e. losing fewer yards) but instead when he gets pressured he runs straight backwards! What is the reason for that? You lose more yards if you get sacked and if you try to make a throw you have to heave it off your back foot. When he starts stepping up or out of the pocket it will be a big improvement.
i kind of agree with this...and you comment about the O line is duly noted...but the coaches could scheme a little bit to try and relieve this pressure. some designed roll outs, rolling pockets, quck slants etc...

People like the idea of screen passes, and i do to, but one thing about that right now isn't a great option, because defenses aren'y having to bring pressure with LB's or safeties...a lot of, not all, of the pressure is coming from the D line, which kind of eliminates the throwing and running lanes on the screen...

they did that waggle play against UF and AF...got ainge out of hte pocket on a roll out and it worked pretty well...i'd like to see 'em use that a bit.

but most of all, i'd like to see both front lines step up and play better. cause they're going to have to.

VN Store

Back