Fulmer got in Ainge's face tonight..........

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
After EA was sacked tonight, Coach Fulmer was really giving Erik a talking to on the sideline.Erik,as in the UF game, has got to learn to throw the ball away if nothing is there.Sometimes I know he gets the blitz and it's impossible, but he has to learn to think a bit quicker.

I think EA knows he needs to get rid of it, he just didn't see the guy behind him.

I think it was for not only holding the ball, but not identifying the blitz a lot earlier. As crappy as his protection was at times, it's tough to be too down on him though.

I think it was for not only holding the ball, but not identifying the blitz a lot earlier. As crappy as his protection was at times, it's tough to be too down on him though.

He still seems a bit slow going through his progressions, but he can sling the ball when he wants to.

I'm just happy to see some fire from Fulmer, it is as if having Cut back has put the fire back in him to DEMAND perfection. THAT is what won us a title in '98. A demand for PERFECTION. :)

IMO, I think EA was trying to make a big play. I know that Cut worked with him this past week on hitting his "safety valves"(RB) on a blitz to get enough for a safe FG.

He still seems a bit slow going through his progressions, but he can sling the ball when he wants to.

I think you are right, but I still haven't gotten past being amazed how much more accurate a passer he is this year.

IMO, I think EA was trying to make a big play. I know that Cut worked with him this past week on hitting his "safety valves"(RB) on a blitz to get enough for a safe FG.

I think he's only thrown to the RB's about 4 times total this season. I've always thought that's been an issue with Ainge. Last year he said that was one thing he learned from watching Rick. Maybe he just doesn't want to throw it to them. :dunno:

I thought that was about the biggest irony of the season.

Personally, as crappy a time as it was to happen, I was thrilled to see Ainge take a sack when he was in trouble. There's been no scary moment for a fan during Ainge's career than when he gets in trouble and his recievers are covered.

I hope and pray CPF was ragging on him for not picking up the blitz or missing an alternate reciever instead of telling Eric to just wing the ball...

I thought that was about the biggest irony of the season.

Personally, as crappy a time as it was to happen, I was thrilled to see Ainge take a sack when he was in trouble. There's been no scary moment for a fan during Ainge's career than when he gets in trouble and his recievers are covered.

I hope and pray CPF was ragging on him for not picking up the blitz or missing an alternate reciever instead of telling Eric to just wing the ball...
:lol: I had students last weekend around me moaning about him throwing the ball away "when X was wide open on the complete other side of the field!" I promptly reminded them that attempting those types of throws was a HUGE problem with him last year.

:lol: I had students last weekend around me moaning about him throwing the ball away "when X was wide open on the complete other side of the field!" I promptly reminded them that attempting those types of throws was a HUGE problem with him last year.

Isn't it amazing how well you can read a defense from the stands?

Someone said it in the game thread, but it seems like once or twice in a game Ainge still makes one of those "WHAT?!" kind of plays. He's definitely a lot better than last year, obviously, and I'm confident that he'll eventual have that flawless game, but he still has a few 'uh-ohs' a game.

I'm not complaining at all, because he's been a lot better under Cutcliffe. I can't wait until he puts an INT-free game together. :)

The best throwaway of the night was when Cory Anderson completely whiffed on his block and Ainge put his hand on the oncoming rusher and flipped a sky hook to Anderson who was just standing there like he was watching the game.

I really thought that Anderson would be a factor this season, boy was I wrong about that.

Seemed like they (Bob or Tim) said Holbert whiffed on a block as well. Goes back to the fullbacks not playing very well either I suppose.

I think EA knows he needs to get rid of it, he just didn't see the guy behind him.

He needs LCAS....."Linemen Collision Avoidance System', installed on the back of his helmet.

:thumbsup:

the two circled bleeps are defensive linemen. This heads up display is installed inside EA's helment in a monacle.:whistling:

Attachments

• lcas pic.JPG
    lcas pic.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 10
I really don't think Ainge understands the concept of stepping up in the pocket. I know you can't step up if a D Tackle is comming right up the middle, but even when there comming from the outside he trys to run away. If he'd just step up, yeah he might still get sacked but it'll be for about -4 yards instead of the usual -7 or -8. I honestly have never saw Ainge ever step up in the pocket.

As for Phil chewing a little ass. About time. He had the finger going and everything. When the camera went back it looked like Ainge was saying something back and pissing him off more.

I would rather see him get in the face of a few of UT's Offensive lineman. :whistling:

VN Store

Back