Fulmer comments on Gillespie departure

RG is gone, wonder what Fulmer's thoughts are on our joke of a coach that is at the helm of our Lady Vols? I know, I know this is the FF but I just can't help it, SHE'S AWFUL.

Reactions: 6 people
Coach RG will either have a job soon or he'll sit on his $$$$$ and take a year off to relax and see what his best options are for next year.

He's too good a coach/recruiter to be unemployed long if he wants to get back to work soon.

VFL...GBO!!!
Why? UT owes him a nice buyout. He should buy a condo at the beach and kick back for a few years. Wish I could do that.

RG is gone, wonder what Fulmer's thoughts are on our joke of a coach that is at the helm of our Lady Vols? I know, I know this is the FF but I just can't help it, SHE'S AWFUL.

It's an interesting question. I can't seem to take Fulmer seriously as AD as long as he can't fix (oversee the fixing of) a billboard. Initiating a coaching change in what is arguably TN's second or at least third most high-profile sport would garner lots of immediate attention, but it would require some amount of actual effort on his part. Did he take the job thinking that there would be that much actual work involved? Also, we're all missing the glory days of Lady Vols dominance, but has the new staff really underachieved that badly? I know some definitely think so.

I thought davenport was in charge of the billboard. the crane they had ordered is broken and getting fixed and there was a problem with what was going to be put back up there. I guess Fulmer broke the crane and while he was making the replacement pictures he screwed that up to. And while you are at it blame global warming on him as well.

Reactions: 2 people

He should have no thoughts on it.

Fulmer's legacy is now tied to his success or failure as AD. And the AD's success or lack thereof begins and ends with football.

I thought davenport was in charge of the billboard. the crane they had ordered is broken and getting fixed and there was a problem with what was going to be put back up there. I guess Fulmer broke the crane and while he was making the replacement pictures he screwed that up to. And while you are at it blame global warming on him as well.

What else can we blame on him. Let's see... How about the opioid epidemic, or the flu?

Whoa, this gillespie firing has triggered a good deal of the fanbase.

I'm glad fulmer and pruitt are on the same page and firmly believe they are operating in thw vols best interest.

I think the issue is more about treating people the right way. Seems like Coach G got used and then dumped. Unless he underperformed, itÂ’s an integrity issue.

People get fired in all businesses. Football is no different. For whatever reason, he was let go. He had a contract and the school will honor the buyout requirements in that contract.

It's just business,sumtimes it's a dirty business.Unfortunately people get let go all the time,just isn't on the Knoxville news or any media outlets.Best of luck to coach g he should have no issues landing a new job.

Reactions: 1 person
It is strange to hear Fulmer talk like that. If Fulmer had applied that same "big boy business" attitude to his underperforming assistant coaches during his tenure (instead of his coaching staff stability mantra), he might still be coaching.

Lol. Nope. Haslam had his mind made up. Fulmer had no chance. What a great decision Fulmers firing has turned out to be huh?

Yeah I'll bet Haslam is really p!ssed about this whole thing now and cant do squat about it. LOL

Lol. Nope. Haslam had his mind made up. Fulmer had no chance. What a great decision Fulmers firing has turned out to be huh?

Fulmer wasn't fixing it. He was in survival mode until he eclipsed Neylands win total. Or until he got fired for not fixing it.

Fulmers firing is not why UT is where it is.

Reactions: 6 people
Fulmer wasn't fixing it. He was in survival mode until he eclipsed Neylands win total. Or until he got fired for not fixing it.

Fulmers firing is not why UT is where it is.

The Ad at the time and CPF firing is a big reason why we have been a sh!t show lately IMO. Also the hire after Fulmer who ran off alot of the roster then bolted is why we are here. Im not saying it wasn't time to make a change but the incompetence of the AD and the treatment of a legend has been our death nail.

Reactions: 4 people
The Ad at the time and CPF firing is a big reason why we have been a sh!t show lately IMO. Also the hire after Fulmer who ran off alot of the roster then bolted is why we are here. Im not saying it wasn't time to make a change but the incompetence of the AD and the treatment of a legend has been our death nail.

Most misinterpret the idea that because you fouled up the replacement(s) that means you should have never made the change.

I don't fall in the camp.

And what you are describing is only part of the reason. Not the whole of it.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back