Freeze to Liberty? (From football scoop so...)

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Meh. Liberty pays their HC 600,000. We pay our OC 1.2 million. Why would he work harder for half the money? I don’t buy it. He can be an OC here and get a better HC job next year.

Its called redemption. Maybe he believes he needs to earn his way back.

Reactions: MiramarVol
Pruitt should tell him that if he thinks that is a better stepping stone than UT to go ahead and take it. We goin in a different direction.
Yeah we are going in a different direction. Because we are going to wait until Freeze has been taken by another school.

I rarely post here anymore. I am still here every day for sure, as this is still the place to get information on my beloved Volunteers, coaching searches aside. But I wanted to speak up about Hugh Freeze. Many here took great delight when his program fell apart at Ole Miss. And he has continued to be the butt of countless jokes ever since. Some, not all, have stopped with the hooker jokes once we thought it was possible that he might coach here. I'm sure that other forums like this around college football have made similar remarks at his expense. I know what these guys sign up for, and I know that outlets like this one are for amusement as much as an entertaining way to stay connected to our team. But honestly, why would he want to represent this fan base? So he can work for a 5-7 program who has made fun of a very humiliating situation of his for nearly two years? And some here have made uncalled for remarks about Liberty, for whatever reason. But I'll guarantee you this, if financial terms are equal, he would rather work for them than us. And I doubt it's even close. I know they are trying to make a run at having a respected program over there, and don't be surprised if he goes along with them. And don't be surprised if 10 years from now, they are consistently ranked. I just hope that any success with their football program doesn't turn them into worse people like it seems to do to every other passionate fan base

I rarely post here anymore. I am still here every day for sure, as this is still the place to get information on my beloved Volunteers, coaching searches aside. But I wanted to speak up about Hugh Freeze. Many here took great delight when his program fell apart at Ole Miss. And he has continued to be the butt of countless jokes ever since. Some, not all, have stopped with the hooker jokes once we thought it was possible that he might coach here. I'm sure that other forums like this around college football have made similar remarks at his expense. I know what these guys sign up for, and I know that outlets like this one are for amusement as much as an entertaining way to stay connected to our team. But honestly, why would he want to represent this fan base? So he can work for a 5-7 program who has made fun of a very humiliating situation of his for nearly two years? And some here have made uncalled for remarks about Liberty, for whatever reason. But I'll guarantee you this, if financial terms are equal, he would rather work for them than us. And I doubt it's even close. I know they are trying to make a run at having a respected program over there, and don't be surprised if he goes along with them. And don't be surprised if 10 years from now, they are consistently ranked. I just hope that any success with their football program doesn't turn them into worse people like it seems to do to every other passionate fan base

Feel Better?

You failed to mention, in any part of this, how Hugh Freeze brought the grief he has received from college football fans around the country (VN being a small part of that) upon himself by placing his piety on grand and public display both before his high profile fall from grace and since. Freeze actively promoted himself as a football coach through the facade of a devout Christian. Whenever a person puts on sanctimonious airs, they definitely welcome ridicule when they are exposed for possessing the same human traits and temptations which befall a lot of us. The fall is much farther from a pedestal you have placed yourself on.... That is reality.

I would be very surprised if 10 years from now they are consistently ranked be he wouldn't be there nearly long enough for that to happen.

What a load of sanctimonious crap! The Vol fan base has been no harder on Freeze than any other fan base and I'd go so far as to say, we've pretty much ignored him up to this point.

As far as Liberty trying to 'make a run in the future', fine, maybe they can. That would never compare to the history and potential of a place like UT. He's not being hired to represent us as the OC. He is being hired to turn around our offense and possibly present himself future opportunities --opportunities much further out starting from Liberty.

I remember well when Liberty was conceived and started. It is a far cry now from those days.

Reactions: T-TownVol
This stuff is getting so comical. If he really took that, we don’t want someone who settles that badly.

Freeze would be a great hire for us, but he’s not the only good coach out there.

This honestly sounds like something pulled straight out of someone's arse just to troll Liberty Uni's conservative Christian viewpoints, and to illicit web traffic for the journos. Honestly, how many of the reports that we have heard so far have actually come to pass? These people are the tabloids of the CFB soap opera. It's frankly a joke nowadays.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
No way he goes to Liberty. He can make 3 times as much being an OC compared to what Liberty will be able to pay.

Non story.

Liberty could be a stopping point or considered a "proving ground" for him to gain the trust of Universities again in order to build up his reputation for a year or two. Then he'd come back in a greater capacity to find a better HC position.

I'm sure there's a lot of schools considering Coach Freeze now...maybe it should read something like "which schools are Jimmy Sexton and Coach Freeze considering"...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Lindsey is going to Kansas. I thought all along that UT should hire Enos, he is actually the best of the 3. Does anyone actually know if Freeze can recruit without handing out cash? Thing is, starting this past weekend, rumors that Bama OC is leaving and Enos is the next man now in line. Might have waited a week too late on Enos.
Enos was Kirby's first choice when he took the UGA job, but his contract at Arkansas wouldn't allow it. Now it looks like he'll end up as Bama's OC. Having to compete against him with Bama's talent is going to a challenge for the rest of the SEC. Amazing how Saban always seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.

VN Store

Back