Freeze to become HC at Liberty

Does anyone else see the irony of a religious institution as Liberty hiring Hugh Freeze with his baggage, especially the phoning of prostitutes?

David sent one of his greatest military leaders on a "suicide" mission so that he could claim the man's wife for his own. David went on to do many, many great things for God.

The Bible is a book of grace and forgiveness. It's a story of redemption despite who we are, not because of who we are. Hypocrisy and a "works" mentality come from man's religion. Not from God's word.

That said, I see no irony. I simply see a second opportunity.

Last edited:
I think the fact that no SEC team was able to snatch him up makes it even more clear that Sankey and the SEC as a whole didnt want him back in the league. I dont see it as a failure by UT i see it as he was blackballed from coming back all around. Just my 2 cents.

There were certainly reports coming out of Alabama that this was the case. Perhaps "blackballed" is too strong of a word, but if there is any validity to the reports, it sounded like the SEC was going to make it difficult on any SEC school that chose to hire him.

Liberty makes a lot of sense. He will be out of the spotlight, and they are an independent school. No one outside the NCAA can do much about what they do.

David sent one of his greatest military leaders on a "suicide" mission so that he could claim the man's wife for his own. David went on to do many, many great things for God.

The Bible is a book of grace and forgiveness. It's a story of redemption despite who we are, not because of who we are. Hypocrisy and a "works" mentality comes from man's religion. Not from God's word.

That...or convenient enforcement of a morality system.

The irony of Liberty hiring this joker is not surprising at all.

I am prouder than ever of Phillip Fulmer for not letting this joker near our program.

The University of Tennessee has far more INTEGRITY than a so-called religious institution.

Reactions: Volgirl4u

The Bible is a book of grace and forgiveness. It's a story of redemption despite who we are, not because of who we are. Hypocrisy and a "works" mentality comes from man's religion. Not from God's word.

I can understand that. I didn't say it should not have happened, but found it ironic, that's all. If Freeze is who Liberty wanted and where Freeze wants to be, then good for them.

Does anyone else see the irony of a religious institution as Liberty hiring Hugh Freeze with his baggage, especially the phoning of prostitutes?

No, there is no irony in it. Christians are supposed to be forgiving of others & also isn't America the place for second chances, if you ever mess up???????????

No, there is no irony in it. Christians are supposed to be forgiving of others & also isn't America the place for second chances, if you ever mess up???????????

As long as you're the type of person they like, sure.

As long as you're the type of person they like, sure.

You must have had some bad experiences with the church and/or followers of Christ. That’s really unfortunate.

Christianity is a daily relationship, not a religion. That’s how I view my walk. The legalistic side of any religion puts a bad taste in people’s mouths and understandably so.

Sooooo....

I’m not seeing a source on this. Does someone have a link to a legit site reporting this?

Somewhere, there was a slumber party with a Florida fan at the keyboard (they're supposed to be the smarter of the bunch) , a UGA fan , and a Bama fan all huddled around a laptop in a dorm giggling. " YEH YEH !! Say RUMOR is Coach Freeze has been hired at Liberty !" " This is going to be amazing"

Reactions: Elhanan
You must have had some bad experiences with the church and/or followers of Christ. That’s really unfortunate.

Christianity is a daily relationship, not a religion. That’s how I view my walk. The legalistic side of any religion puts a bad taste in people’s mouths and understandably so.

Or maybe it's just I don't believe the same things you do. There's not always some nefarious reason why a person doesn't fall into a category.

That's how religion works in TN/everywhere else . Preach about how you're going to hell for drinking and gambling, but then stop at the gas station to buy a Powerball ticket and 6-pack of Bud Light on the way home from "church." But during that hour of preaching you feel enlightened and going to change your ways tomorrow.

Maybe it does work that way where you attend church but rest assured that isn't the way it works at all assemblies of worship.

Who exactly do you think fought so hard against lottery enactment and still fights against loosening of alcohol laws?

I have all respect in the world for folks wanting to abide by the Lord. They are my favorite people. That does not include Jerry Falwell, Jr., imo.

and here is why I believe that. A major school, like Bama or UT, needs the population to believe that Hugh would be hired from the "leading"/largest Christian university. I believe it is meant to lift Hugh Freeze's reputation for other schools wishing to hire him and get the populace on board. Just my thoughts...but don't believe that he ends at Liberty. This is to get his reputation back. Fire away. Don't think he comes to Tennessee...but Freeze needs this kind of publicity right now.

Reactions: Elhanan

VN Store

Back