Freeze & Sexton are in charge, more dominoes left to fall still

I am definitely an outsider. However, the way it appears is that Freeze is just playing us for the Alabama job. I know exactly what I would have done long ago if my job was on the line. My first telephone call would be to Lane Kiffin regardless who it makes mad. Go ahead and blast me but JP has his job at stake possibly. I want the best regardless , who doesn't like it. If I could sell this to Fulmer then I would go with it. That, in my opinion is Kiffin and second is Freeze. In the long run the fan base would come running if the w's start showing up. Also, just ask the recruits if they like Kiffin.................they want to win. That is exactly why we cannot get 5 star recruits now !!! Yeah I know we have one.....big deal.[/QUOTE
Kiffin is not taking a coordinator job.

professor-math-large.jpg
Forget humans Tennessee should be the first to go with a Robot OC. Walmart is rolling out 360 robot janitors in January to mop and clean their stores. We should be the first to buy and put into place a Robot OC as expect Robots will be the coaches of the future as salaries spiral out of control.

I wonder if that thing could play OL. I bet it could block better than what we have currently.

Last edited:
If an offer is there Freeze is gonna accept. He's not in a good position to hold out. After his debacle I'm sure he will be glad to even have the opportunity.

I am definitely an outsider. However, the way it appears is that Freeze is just playing us for the Alabama job. I know exactly what I would have done long ago if my job was on the line. My first telephone call would be to Lane Kiffin regardless who it makes mad. Go ahead and blast me but JP has his job at stake possibly. I want the best regardless , who doesn't like it. If I could sell this to Fulmer then I would go with it. That, in my opinion is Kiffin and second is Freeze. In the long run the fan base would come running if the w's start showing up. Also, just ask the recruits if they like Kiffin.................they want to win. That is exactly why we cannot get 5 star recruits now !!! Yeah I know we have one.....big deal.
Well, Pruitt worked with Kiffin and it doesn’t look like he went that direction at all. Should tell you something.

I'm no insider either, but I think today is the last day for Freeze to be likely to happen. Then, we move on. JMO

Reactions: amorange
Freeze is in the mix for 4 major OC jobs and HC at a small school. Sexton wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't use that to get him as much as possible. It will come down to money, fit, and where Freeze feels will help him advance the fastest.

Liberty probably loses in at least 2 of those categories. Bama has the cash, and he's likely to win quickly there, but the expectations are through the roof and anything short of a NC is a failure year 1. Barn may have a money issue and has some weirdness on the staff, but they have talent and could be turned around quickly. Turning around UT and FSU makes him look like a rockstar and the money should be there, but they require the most work to fix. Under the correct circumstances he could end up HC of UT, Barn, or FSU. He would get complete credit for turning the O around at UT. Barn and FSU both have offensive minded coaches. They also have more fertile instate talent. My guess is it's FSU.

Day is replacing Meyer.

Hopefully we can fire Pruitt and hire Urban.

At this point, if they haven't already, they need to move on to the next name. Dude ain't worth the hassle.

I'd say it's safe to say he's either mulling over other offers or waiting for something. They'll probably move on if he's stalling them, i would.

professor-math-large.jpg
Forget humans Tennessee should be the first to go with a Robot OC. Walmart is rolling out 360 robot janitors in January to mop and clean their stores. We should be the first to buy and put into place a Robot OC as expect Robots will be the coaches of the future as salaries spiral out of control.

Robot will use a chart......we tried that already.

Tennessee gets the last pick of offensive coordinators, it's now the norm for a program in ruins and trying to rebuild

JAE_7375-500x331.jpg

HELP WANTED

If UT has offered fair market value for Freeze (or a little more, which they should for his caliber) and he hasn't accepted and is holding out playing hardball, then UT needs to move on to their next LEGITIMATE candidate.......

This is an opportunity for Freeze to show a little humility and be humble in his approach with getting back in the mix of coaching. If he's gonna hold out for an extra couple hundred thousand dollars here or there, then maybe he's the wrong person to go after anyway....

Of course, anyone would want to take the Bama OC job when it opens and step right into the best roster in the nation, but if Freeze is holding out for just the highest bidder then he's not the best option.

If he comes to UT and has lots of success years 1 and 2 then he can name his price to be hired somewhere as head coach. If he goes to Bama, there's not much to prove, it's just maintaining.

I would love to have Freeze. But, I want a Freeze that wants to be here. Not a Freeze that just landed here because this is the place that paid the most for his services....

I get it's a business and he needs to do what's best for his career.....but these aren't normal circumstances either.

And what makes this particular hiring process not a normal circumstance?

We should offer Enos and tell him that we would be glad to have Hurts and that he will start.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I doubt Pruitt is waiting on Lindsey, more than likely the other way around. You don't mull an offer from Kansas if you have one from Tennessee on the table.

VN Store

Back