Freeze & Sexton are in charge, more dominoes left to fall still

Titan&Volfan4life

Yep, Freeze and Sexton are in total control so all Pruitt and Fulmer can do is to make a offer and wait for more dominoes to fall.

Many believe that Pruitt has already made a good offer to Freeze but nobody can force Freeze to accept any offer until he decides what he wants and where he wants to move to.

Meanwhile, Maryland might hire the OC at Bama to be their HC and if that happens Bama will need a OC too.

Allbarn lost their OC so they also need a new OC.

What other schools might fire their HC or lose their OC?

Some schools may wait until after their bowl games are played and the season is totally over before they make a move.

There could still be lots of dominoes left to fall before Freeze or Lindsey decide what new offer they really want to accept and start getting their family packed up and ready to move.

Most people here on VN want Freeze to accept our offer and get his butt to K Town and get busy recruiting but Pruitt, Fulmer and NOBODY else can force Freeze to take a job that he doesn't want.

Freeze IS in demand and he and Sexton know it so they may be waiting to see if a HC job is offered or if saTan and Bama comes calling.

Nobody knows what Freeze or Lindsey will do so all we can do is wait and make our guesses on who Pruitt might end up with.

Sexton HAS played us before so he could be doing that again to drive up the pay offers of his clients.

I would NOT blame Pruitt 1 tiny bit if he got tired of waiting and playing games and told Freeze or Lindsey to accept the Tennessee offer by a certain date or the offer is off the table and he moves on to someone else for our OC position.

I've never liked people trying to play games and wasting my time either.

Only time will tell what happens now.

VFL...GBO!!!

If UT has offered fair market value for Freeze (or a little more, which they should for his caliber) and he hasn't accepted and is holding out playing hardball, then UT needs to move on to their next LEGITIMATE candidate.......

This is an opportunity for Freeze to show a little humility and be humble in his approach with getting back in the mix of coaching. If he's gonna hold out for an extra couple hundred thousand dollars here or there, then maybe he's the wrong person to go after anyway....

Of course, anyone would want to take the Bama OC job when it opens and step right into the best roster in the nation, but if Freeze is holding out for just the highest bidder then he's not the best option.

If he comes to UT and has lots of success years 1 and 2 then he can name his price to be hired somewhere as head coach. If he goes to Bama, there's not much to prove, it's just maintaining.

I would love to have Freeze. But, I want a Freeze that wants to be here. Not a Freeze that just landed here because this is the place that paid the most for his services....

I get it's a business and he needs to do what's best for his career.....but these aren't normal circumstances either.

I am definitely an outsider. However, the way it appears is that Freeze is just playing us for the Alabama job. I know exactly what I would have done long ago if my job was on the line. My first telephone call would be to Lane Kiffin regardless who it makes mad. Go ahead and blast me but JP has his job at stake possibly. I want the best regardless , who doesn't like it. If I could sell this to Fulmer then I would go with it. That, in my opinion is Kiffin and second is Freeze. In the long run the fan base would come running if the w's start showing up. Also, just ask the recruits if they like Kiffin.................they want to win. That is exactly why we cannot get 5 star recruits now !!! Yeah I know we have one.....big deal.

I would NOT blame Pruitt 1 tiny bit if he got tired of waiting and playing games and told Freeze or Lindsey to accept the Tennessee offer by a certain date or the offer is off the table and he moves on to someone else for our OC position.

I've never liked people trying to play games and wasting my time either.

Waiting to see what offers will be available isn't playing games. Is a university playing games when they interview several candidates for a coaching position before deciding? No. That's just having interest in ones own success. He's free to coach now and there are several changes happening the past few days. Why would he accept a job today if tomorrow he might get an offer that pays more and is a better fit for him? Unless he has ties to the university or a coach on staff it's probably about money and personal fit. And he probably has several places that want him.

Why should freeze work cheap? He is more of a proven commodity than the current hc. An extra couple hundred thousand is chump change to haslam. Butch jones surevtook them for millions, and this is a much better coach. Yes, it is about money. If hugh freeze doesnt win like you dream of him doing in his first year, many will be calling for his job. He has to have a little insurance, and sexton has to get his percentage.

Getting played for money make Kendall Briles and offer or Enos. No need to wait if offer not going to be accepted in a reasonable time frame which for me would be 72 hours. Looks like he is going to the highest bigger and doubt that will be us. He might even get offered a head coaching job that he might find more attractive.

They won't put up with Taggert very long at FSU.................win or leave. Patience does not exist there. Real football programs do not put up with losing year after year. Freeze will be aware of this possibility.

Last edited:
Why should freeze work cheap? He is more of a proven commodity than the current hc. An extra couple hundred thousand is chump change to haslam. Butch jones surevtook them for millions, and this is a much better coach. Yes, it is about money. If hugh freeze doesnt win like you dream of him doing in his first year, many will be calling for his job. He has to have a little insurance, and sexton has to get his percentage.

Right. That's basically what I said. I said if UT has offered fair market value or more (because it's Freeze) and he hasn't accepted, then move to the next LEGIT target. It's an OC job not a head coaching job.

Especially when you know going into the deal that you're only going to have him for a year or two. Freeze will be a head coach again within the next two football seasons. We can't just pay him 2 million a year to have him here.

UT also doesn't need to be in a bidding war, which UT will lose, because they've never outbid anyone ever. Only furthering the national reputation of not getting the job done, nor closing the deal.

Reactions: amorange
professor-math-large.jpg
Forget humans Tennessee should be the first to go with a Robot OC. Walmart is rolling out 360 robot janitors in January to mop and clean their stores. We should be the first to buy and put into place a Robot OC as expect Robots will be the coaches of the future as salaries spiral out of control.

professor-math-large.jpg
Forget humans Tennessee should be the first to go with a Robot OC. Walmart is rolling out 360 robot janitors in January to mop and clean their stores. We should be the first to buy and put into place a Robot OC as expect Robots will be the coaches of the future as salaries spiral out of control.

Quality post.

You get what you are willing to pay for.....................we have seen this long enough. Forget it. We are just being played.

If I was Freeze, I would be looking at the possibility of being hired as OC and then being retained as Head Coach in a season or two.

Getting played for money make Kendall Briles and offer or Enos. No need to wait if offer not going to be accepted in a reasonable time frame which for me would be 72 hours. Looks like he is going to the highest bigger and doubt that will be us. He might even get offered a head coaching job that he might find more attractive.

Forget Briles, he just got 3 yrs 2.1m yesterday from Houston.

Im sure Bama fans are still upset how Saban and Sexton slow played them after the 2007 season to get more $$$$...

VN Store

Back