Freeze & Sexton are in charge, more dominoes left to fall still

Tennessee is too entrenched in Haslam mediocrity. They just are not ready to play with the big boys. Tennessee needs to discontinue football; plow up Shield-Watkins field and plant CORN. That way, this would give the Haslam tight asses some return on their investment. We are no better than mediocre and the University is, obviously wanting to keep it that way.

If I was Freeze, I would be looking at the possibility of being hired as OC and then being retained as Head Coach in a season or two.

That might seem like a good thing, until you think about the hell year in waiting. I think it would really suck and damage Freezes reputation in the bad
bargain.

If UT has offered fair market value for Freeze (or a little more, which they should for his caliber) and he hasn't accepted and is holding out playing hardball, then UT needs to move on to their next LEGITIMATE candidate.......

This is an opportunity for Freeze to show a little humility and be humble in his approach with getting back in the mix of coaching. If he's gonna hold out for an extra couple hundred thousand dollars here or there, then maybe he's the wrong person to go after anyway....

Of course, anyone would want to take the Bama OC job when it opens and step right into the best roster in the nation, but if Freeze is holding out for just the highest bidder then he's not the best option.

If he comes to UT and has lots of success years 1 and 2 then he can name his price to be hired somewhere as head coach. If he goes to Bama, there's not much to prove, it's just maintaining.

I would love to have Freeze. But, I want a Freeze that wants to be here. Not a Freeze that just landed here because this is the place that paid the most for his services....

I get it's a business and he needs to do what's best for his career.....but these aren't normal circumstances either.
I guess everything we are trying to surmise is purely speculative. Sexton is going to get the best deal for his client he can get. There is no allegiance to UT where money is concerned. Maybe I would be or do the same, but I don't know. As long as this has played out, we seem to agree that our fairy tale ending won't happen. However, if we were so sure that Helton was the right choice initially (by "we" I mean Pruitt), isn't it evident we didn't get anywhere close to the best OC initially? Coach after coach says, "we're assembling the best coaching staff ever" in an attempt to legitimize their hires to the fan base. Who they usually get is those they have some sort of connection with, in some form. Anyway, frustration mounts, and there is nothing I (or we) can do but, wait.....wait....wait....wait....wait....wait....

Tennessee is too entrenched in Haslam mediocrity. They just are not ready to play with the big boys. Tennessee needs to discontinue football; plow up Shield-Watkins field and plant CORN. That way, this would give the Haslam tight asses some return on their investment. We are no better than mediocre and the University is, obviously wanting to keep it that way.
plant corn, then squeeze it ? ;)

VN Store

Back