Forum Name and Avatar

I live in West TN therefore my screen name. I've been a Vols Fan since the late 60s while I was in HS. No other college team for me to be loyal to. I Live & Die w/the TN Vols. GBO !!!
Avatar picture is that of a young unknown actor Clint Eastwood playing the TV role of Rowdy Yates in "Rawhide" from 1959-1965. That's a screen shot of an early promotional picture for the TV show..

Always liked your avatar. Eastwood movies are some of my favorites.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
ATC is for air traffic controller. I signed up for the site just as I had decided to try that career in 2009. When I got hired in 2011 and saw 50% of my coworkers washing out during training I was worried I’d have to change my name on here. Luckily I did fine and didn’t need to worry about that.

Picture is just a random picture of Neyland that I googled when I first made my profile. Have never changed it.

WOW! So many smart and creative folks on this forum as to leave me a little embarrassed with my bland and simple display.
At any rate, my middle name is Kim. Trust me, I could list at least a-million associated nicknames for a boy growing up with, what used to be, and to some extent, still is considered effeminate.
I consciously chose to strongly “hint” at who I am back at the beginning of the “coacht” website days. There is often a very nasty characteristic to anonymity. And though, I say what I mean, I try abide by the principle that somebody will know the source. Almost two decades later, friend’s and folks from other local teams address me as “K Rich.”
And, surprise, surprise, I am a Unaka High School grad. And much later in life I managed a degree of sorts from ETSU.

My name is play on a goofy nickname I had in highschool, burntredwaffle, which has a story unto itself. I can’t say its a very good story today but it was a “hilarious” inside joke with my close friends at the time.

I used it as an internet handle for years. I did a TN twist on it for govolsxtra back in the day because one of those friends was a regular on there and it was kind of a joke for him. We both eventually made our way over here and I just kept using it. Thought about changing it several times but never came up with anything I liked enough to put in the request.

Current AVI is 360 “tiny planet view” of my wife and I on the pedestrian bridge in Nashville after she ran the Music City Half Marathon.

I'm a huge David Lynch fan, so GordonC is Gordon Cole, Lynch's character on Twin Peaks, who has a hearing problem (which wife says I do).
Avatar is the "real" Elvis, Bruce Campbell's character, from the movie Bubba Ho Tep.
I think my name on the old Gridscape board was Frank Black, from Millennium, maybe.

My name is a combination of my initials, the city I was living in at the time (Johnson City (JC)) and a reference to the fact that Steve Spurrier is from there and that I and most of his home town hate his guts.

My avi is me in my Chthulu Clava. A buddy gave me one for my birthday one year and I decided it made a cool avi.

I have been a Volunteers and Celtics fan my whole life, met Larry Bird in TBA when they played an exhibition game there in the 80's (in fact he got in a fight with Harvey Grant in that game) My Avatar is me at a costume contest (Darth Matador) perfect for trolling and being trolled......

VN Store

Back