Forum Name and Avatar

I liked the RVZ avi more @Thunder Good-Oil. It makes me envision you singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row hammered drunk
I was going to switch it back, but it does trigger the Zoomers. RVZ was a good guy when he wasn't wasted.

PEPPERJAX

Let's Do A Ritual....
I live in West TN therefore my screen name. I've been a Vols Fan since the late 60s while I was in HS. No other college team for me to be loyal to. I Live & Die w/the TN Vols. GBO !!!
Avatar picture is that of a young unknown actor Clint Eastwood playing the TV role of Rowdy Yates in "Rawhide" from 1959-1965. That's a screen shot of an early promotional picture for the TV show..
Always liked your avatar. Eastwood movies are some of my favorites.

ATC_VOL

ATC is for air traffic controller. I signed up for the site just as I had decided to try that career in 2009. When I got hired in 2011 and saw 50% of my coworkers washing out during training I was worried I’d have to change my name on here. Luckily I did fine and didn’t need to worry about that.

Picture is just a random picture of Neyland that I googled when I first made my profile. Have never changed it.

krichunaka

WOW! So many smart and creative folks on this forum as to leave me a little embarrassed with my bland and simple display.
At any rate, my middle name is Kim. Trust me, I could list at least a-million associated nicknames for a boy growing up with, what used to be, and to some extent, still is considered effeminate.
I consciously chose to strongly “hint” at who I am back at the beginning of the “coacht” website days. There is often a very nasty characteristic to anonymity. And though, I say what I mean, I try abide by the principle that somebody will know the source. Almost two decades later, friend’s and folks from other local teams address me as “K Rich.”
And, surprise, surprise, I am a Unaka High School grad. And much later in life I managed a degree of sorts from ETSU.

burntorangeVOLffle

My name is play on a goofy nickname I had in highschool, burntredwaffle, which has a story unto itself. I can’t say its a very good story today but it was a “hilarious” inside joke with my close friends at the time.

I used it as an internet handle for years. I did a TN twist on it for govolsxtra back in the day because one of those friends was a regular on there and it was kind of a joke for him. We both eventually made our way over here and I just kept using it. Thought about changing it several times but never came up with anything I liked enough to put in the request.

Current AVI is 360 “tiny planet view” of my wife and I on the pedestrian bridge in Nashville after she ran the Music City Half Marathon.

PhoenixAZVol

pandemonium reigns
My name is boring. At the time I thought I would be the only Vol fan out here in Phoenix but I found out there are actually quite a few. The pic it UT fans tearing down the goal post after the 98 Florida game. I’ll never forget the excitement of that game and John Ward’s call at the end. My daughter was also born in 98. Great memories all around.

GordonC

I'm a huge David Lynch fan, so GordonC is Gordon Cole, Lynch's character on Twin Peaks, who has a hearing problem (which wife says I do).
Avatar is the "real" Elvis, Bruce Campbell's character, from the movie Bubba Ho Tep.
I think my name on the old Gridscape board was Frank Black, from Millennium, maybe.

JCHateSteve

Recovering Lurk
My name is a combination of my initials, the city I was living in at the time (Johnson City (JC)) and a reference to the fact that Steve Spurrier is from there and that I and most of his home town hate his guts.

My avi is me in my Chthulu Clava. A buddy gave me one for my birthday one year and I decided it made a cool avi.

VN Store

Sponsors