Forum Name and Avatar

kyvol98

Saxophone player (gigging days are over) with a name with "feather" in it. Photo is of the actor who played the guy who married & killed Dorothy Stratton in "Star 80". It reminded me of UT basketballer Skyler McBee. :cool:I also have a 'stache.
Always thought there might be a reference to Beatty.

In Atlanta in 2009 I was approached by a former NBA player who's daughter wanted to play for our org. She was already playing for another org, and the team I had had been together for weeks. While standing with one of my assistants, I told the NBA player "I don't take jumpers...if she wants to play for me next year I would be happy to have her."
The assistant (a little later) looked at me and smiled and said, "Coach Jumper"
The name was born
It later came to evolve into my method of teaching my players jump-shooting
I developed a method I called "Chirp" shooting and once mastered the girls could get their shot off, from dribble pickup or pass reception to release in under a second with good control.

The name has stuck with me for the last 18 years in coaching

The avatar represents old smokey (notice the eyes)
smokey vfL.jpg

The Custom title: "That stare" is in reference to Pat Summitt

Last edited:

give_him 6

My name is a tribute to John Ward. Listening to John call Vols games on the radio, while being outside on a fall afternoon growing up in Hendersonville, were some of my best memories of growing up.

My avatar is a tribute to my favorite teams, with Tennessee (large Power T logo) being my all-time favorite and the Royals and Chiefs being my favorite professional teams after living here in KC for 16 years now.

My name is a tribute to John Ward. Listening to John call Vols games on the radio, while being outside on a fall afternoon growing up in Hendersonville, were some of my best memories of growing up.

My avatar is a tribute to my favorite teams, with Tennessee (large Power T logo) being my all-time favorite and the Royals and Chiefs being my favorite professional teams after living here in KC for 16 years now.
nice

VolBricks

Veni, Vidi, Vici
My name is VolBricks. I joined this forum at the start of bUTch's coaching run and hoped his "Brick by Brick" would be the ticket (man was I wrong).
Edit: I have considered changing my avatar name but you have to remember the good and the bad.

The picture is from the men's restroom in the Amsterdam airport. I think it is self explanatory if you look close at the picture.

W.TN.Orange Blood

I live in West TN therefore my screen name. I've been a Vols Fan since the late 60s while I was in HS. No other college team for me to be loyal to. I Live & Die w/the TN Vols. GBO !!!
Avatar picture is that of a young unknown actor Clint Eastwood playing the TV role of Rowdy Yates in "Rawhide" from 1959-1965. That's a screen shot of an early promotional picture for the TV show..

Last edited:
I live in West TN therefore my screen name. I've been a Vols Fan since the late 60s while I was in HS. No other college team for me to be loyal to. I Live & Die w/the TN Vols. GBO !!!
Avatar picture is that of a young unknown actor Clint Eastwood playing the TV role of Rowdy Yates in "Rawhide" from 1959-1965.
I used to ride a broom horse and "pop a cap" (gun) pretending I was Rowdy.
My first memory of a tv series (I was 5 in 65)

UTwick

UTwick=class of ‘77 grad + Wick is nickname my grandkids call me.
Avatar is of limited edition hat created and previously sold by MS McClellan and Co in Knoxville where my brother has worked forever. Christmas gift from several years ago. UT put a halt to production since it involved trademarks, etc.
Go Vols

VN Store

Sponsors