FORUM DARK MODE beta version

So I've been working on this for a while, messing around with shades of dark and such. It's not quite finished yet. I'm still not happy with some parts of it and I haven't changed over all of the buttons yet (I planned to work on that some this morning but woke up to an HVAC issue that's taken up my day, but that's another story). That said, with the Dark Mode uniforms, I pretty much had to go ahead and release it in it's current state.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread either here or on the help forum so you guys can provide feedback and/or suggestions. There are some things besides the buttons that might still be broken. You can post screenshots of those things in this thread to bring them to my attention. Your assistance is appreciated.

As always, you can change the forum skin in the bottom left of the forum. Click the link that says VolNation 2018 and then select Dark Mode 21.

Here's a direct link to turn it on.

Dark Theme 21

Go Vols!
Yeah man, this is sexy. Keep it.

So I've been working on this for a while, messing around with shades of dark and such. It's not quite finished yet. I'm still not happy with some parts of it and I haven't changed over all of the buttons yet (I planned to work on that some this morning but woke up to an HVAC issue that's taken up my day, but that's another story). That said, with the Dark Mode uniforms, I pretty much had to go ahead and release it in it's current state.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread either here or on the help forum so you guys can provide feedback and/or suggestions. There are some things besides the buttons that might still be broken. You can post screenshots of those things in this thread to bring them to my attention. Your assistance is appreciated.

As always, you can change the forum skin in the bottom left of the forum. Click the link that says VolNation 2018 and then select Dark Mode 21.

Here's a direct link to turn it on.

Dark Theme 21

Go Vols!
Then ONLY way I read my books on iPad is white print on dark background. So much easier on my tired, old eyes. Thanks.

We need some dark mode icons. Who's the graphic designer in the group? lol

View attachment 400554

Heh, I've done a few tours in graphic design, anything I can help with? Hit me up.

Also this scheme is awesome and is making the lead-in to South Carolina even more special. Thanks for putting it together!

Heh, I've done a few tours in graphic design, anything I can help with? Hit me up.

Also this scheme is awesome and is making the lead-in to South Carolina even more special. Thanks for putting it together!
Just looking to create some more modern VN icons like in the image I posted, that look better on dark mode.

Reactions: Voltopia
Just looking to create some more modern VN icons like in the image I posted, that look better on dark mode.

Hmm, so I took a stab at it and put a few icons on a sheet. Tired to keep it simple, "modern" is a tricky word in graphic design so I just did some flavors of what was there. If any of them look usable, there's also a transparent image attached here too. You can copy and paste them out of that sheet (assuming 25x25 pixels is what it wants). Or if it needs another size I can export or pass the source over. Or if nothing quite works, no worries.

Also I just eyedroppered those colors from a screenshot, I'm told that's a pro gamer move in graphic design so.

Attachments

• icons_idontknow.png
    icons_idontknow.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 27
  • icons_transparent.png
    icons_transparent.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 28
Hmm, so I took a stab at it and put a few icons on a sheet. Tired to keep it simple, "modern" is a tricky word in graphic design so I just did some flavors of what was there. If any of them look usable, there's also a transparent image attached here too. You can copy and paste them out of that sheet (assuming 25x25 pixels is what it wants). Or if it needs another size I can export or pass the source over. Or if nothing quite works, no worries.

Also I just eyedroppered those colors from a screenshot, I'm told that's a pro gamer move in graphic design so.
Great work! And a huge selection to choose from. I have a couple of favorites, but let's see if others have a vote.

Thanks for doing that, seriously. Much appreciated. And they look awesome.

Reactions: Voltopia
Just uploaded some changes for the mobile version. Still have some more things to update tomorrow.

Feedback welcome.

Reactions: Brillovol
I see the "new posts" button matches the others now. What else is new?
on mobile, I lightened up some of the colors to make the black a little less harsh. Took away some of the orange, like the reply/quote/like buttons. Fixed the navigation button colors.Check your pic above and compare.

Stuff like that. Still a lot of tweaks needed.

Desktop version still needs a lot of work and the new alerts background got screwed up. I'll work on that tomorrow.

VN Store

Back