For those of you (ESPN hates us thread)

Your "evidence" is literally non-existent. You scrolled PAST the article on the Vols in your quest to "prove" a conspiracy. Just stop.
I didn't scroll past the small little title of the article. I was talking about the BIG clips of the games that were in the center of the page. The only thing mentioned in those was about Flordia.
I don't like ESPN management or their staff any better than they like us. If you check other posts I said "If I had the power to keep Game Day out of Knoxville I would." If I don't like you or you dis me, I don't invite you to my house. I understand ESPN's attitude and have no problem with it. What I don't understand is why some of Volnation want to take their crap and try and play nice with them. There should have been a clip that stated the Vols take down the Gators. There wasn't. The only clips were about the Gators and it was not done by accident.

Last edited:
They have a team?
A bunch of them are former players that competed against the Vols during their playing days. The Vols have been stealing souls between the lines for decades. Many are still bitter and can’t be professional when it comes to how they cover the Vols.

So you honestly don't believe Herbstreit, Finebaum and etc don't have any negative bias towards the Vols? You must not of followed the ESPN poop storm after last year's Ole Miss game.

FInebaum is a UT grad. I know a lot of people think he is a Bamer at heart but he really is a UT fan. He made his claim to fame on a talk show in BHM and had to smoosh the AL/AU fans because that was his primary audience. Just smart marketing. Not defending him as he can be a real ass sometimes but he does support UT.

What is ESPN's beef with the VOLS? They show a UF TD instead on a UT highlight????

Who "S"'d in ESPN's cereal?

that don't believe ESPN hates the VOLS and needs to be educated on that fact. Go to ESPN.com, and select NCAAF. Scroll down the entire page. The only thing it says about the game is ZIPPER's incredible catch gives the Gators the lead and Napier has to be restrained after a call. Nothing about the VOLS winning the game or being 4-0. SMH You don't have to kick me in the nuts for me to tell you don't like me.
CBS Sports website gives Tennessee better coverage than the ESPN website does

Reactions: Vol524
FInebaum is a UT grad. I know a lot of people think he is a Bamer at heart but he really is a UT fan. He made his claim to fame on a talk show in BHM and had to smoosh the AL/AU fans because that was his primary audience. Just smart marketing. Not defending him as he can be a real ass sometimes but he does support UT.
Have to disagree OBV, Finebaum is only a Finebaum fan and plays to the audience he has at the time in order to create controversy. He may be a UT grad but calling him a fan is not evident, at least to me.

Finebaum is a Nick Saban fan

Finebaum is a major woos. I can honestly say that I have never listened to him for more than one sentence. Look at him. There is no way this dweeb looking nerd could really understand a man's sport. He's dead to me I tell ya, dead.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
But Danielson hates us too!!

Danielson is a rat bastard. With 1:40 remaining and a comfortable double digit lead over the Gators, he called the game for the Vols. That SOB knows damn good and well that doing so was a big time jinx on us. I was screaming at that A***ole and knew exactly what was coming after that, and like clockwork, it did. Hope Putin sends him to Ukraine.

hate to say i illegally stream espn games but............ I will leave it at they dont get a dollar outta me
If you get commercials you don’t owe them a thing. Ridiculous how they run more ads than anyone then charge extra for the privilege

I am not soft. Maybe, just smarter than some. If you don't believe there is an anti-Vols agenda at ESPN I give up. I can try and explain it, even show evidence but I can't understand it for you.

Guys, everyone at this 5,000 person company is always thinking about how to **** on one specific team. There is no other explanation for their coverage otherwise.

I mean it could be that we are homers, and that they cover us without much bias. But no it’s probably a big conspiracy that 5,000 people all just go along with.

Reactions: 08Vol and vols50
ESPN should change it's name to the " Aaron Judge Channel" They fawn over west coast teams, especially Neil Everett who pumps up the Oregon teams.

Guys, everyone at this 5,000 person company is always thinking about how to **** on one specific team. There is no other explanation for their coverage otherwise.

I mean it could be that we are homers, and that they cover us without much bias. But no it’s probably a big conspiracy that 5,000 people all just go along with.
Are you saying you work for ESPN? If you do great. Let's conduct a test. Start wearing TN Vols stuff to work and on breaks and before or after meetings say great things about TN. I bet it won't be long before your office is in the broom closet or you are looking for another job. I will sit right here and wait to see the results of our test.

Absolutely.
I only use them to watch the games.
DO NOT watch any of their 'commentary/analysis' shows.
Tune them out at halftime.
DO NOT watch College Gameday, or any of the highlights shows,

Let their ratings show what the problem is.
Watch the games, ditch the rest.
What? You don't hang on every word Stephen A Smith utters about the NBA like errybody else?

Have to disagree OBV, Finebaum is only a Finebaum fan and plays to the audience he has at the time in order to create controversy. He may be a UT grad but calling him a fan is not evident, at least to me.

Have you ever interacted with him or just watched / listened to him when he was on tv / radio? Media personalities do what they think is best for their job, not what reflects their personal beliefs. Sometimes those things do match up, but unless you know someone outside of their media job then you don’t really know their views.

I didn't scroll past the small little title of the article. I was talking about the BIG clips of the games that were in the center of the page. The only thing mentioned in those was about Flordia.
I don't like ESPN management or their staff any better than they like us. If you check other posts I said "If I had the power to keep Game Day out of Knoxville I would." If I don't like you or you dis me, I don't invite you to my house. I understand ESPN's attitude and have no problem with it. What I don't understand is why some of Volnation want to take their crap and try and play nice with them. There should have been a clip that stated the Vols take down the Gators. There wasn't. The only clips were about the Gators and it was not done by accident.

So basically you're looking to be offended. Got it.

Reactions: 08Vol
Not at all. The point I am making is as big of a game as it was, the fact that we broke their 5 game winning streak, and how great Hooker played there should have been something positive in the clips. But, we got crickets.
I am not offended. I expect things like that from ESPN. I just don't understand the love some of you give to ESPN.

VN Store

Back