FOR SHAME

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 24, 2005 11:17 PM
everybody loves a gator!
[snapback]149740[/snapback]​

Well, I'd have disagreed until last week. See, before, I had always tried grilling it and it ended up tasting like shoe leather. However, I tried a new method with Jerk Marinade overnight and a double-batter deep fry, and it was DEE-LI-CIOUS.
:birgits_giggle:

Well, it's Sunday afternoon in Baton Rouge, the skies are fair, the temperature is in the upper 80's. A fine day for football. LSU lobbied hard for a game on Sunday so that the stadium could be full.

But the SEC insisted on Monday to placate Tennessee's fear of rain. So now LSU has to close campus for the day to allow gameday traffic to be accomodated and students will lose a day of fall break to make up for it. People outside of BR who cannot get off work for the day will not be able to make the game.

There IS a chance of showers tomorrow, hope your team doesn't melt.

Originally posted by red55@Sep 25, 2005 6:59 PM
But the SEC insisted on Monday to placate Tennessee's fear of rain. .
[snapback]149953[/snapback]​

Give us a break . . . this whole issue has gotten stupid. I'm just ready for them to play and get it over with.

Sanders Quote

To have a chance at LSU, the Vols (1-1, 0-1 SEC) have to regain some of the offensive confidence they lost against Florida.

"The whole game, I felt we were inches away from making plays and taking over the game," offensive coordinator Randy Sanders said. "At halftime (with the game tied at 7-7), I had a good feeling about how the game was going."

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaYOU SUCK

I think he made this statement after the headless Chicken game when Banks QB'd against UGA.

Attachments

• sosa.jpg
    sosa.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1
Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 23, 2005 3:11 PM
Wait, I'm not following.  I thought that LSU said no to postponing the game at all.  They wanted Saturday or, worst case, Sunday.

Then UT said, well, we can't do that so its Monday night or we forfeit.  In which case LSUis out krillions.

So they folded like a cheap tent and said okay to Monday.

What am I missing?
[snapback]149070[/snapback]​
The obvious. Since when does a visiting team make demands about a road game? It doesn't happen.

First Tennessee offered to play our home game in their stadium. How kind.
Then they tried to get ESPN to move the game to the afternoon.
Then they tried to have the game moved to December.
Then they refused to play on Sunday night in Baton Rouge.

Tennessee really doesn't want to play LSU do they?

This forfeit business in nonsense. Was it a forfeit due to an unavoidable disaster befalling the Tennessee team or simply a transparent ploy to avoid the game and force a postponement to a date when they are healthier and more experienced for a football advantage. LSU has been hit with two real disasters and has not forfeited any games yet. We've had all three opening home games moved.

I think a forfeit would have given LSU positive reputation for prevailing in the face of adversity and would have labeled Tennessee as losers, quitters, and whiners. When Tennessee thought about it they came to the same conclusion and backed off of that forfeit story very quickly. It would have killed them in the polls.

Whoever is in charge of public relations in the Tennessee AD ain't doing his job very well. They have made one PR blunder after another.

Originally posted by red55@Sep 25, 2005 7:11 PM
The obvious. Since when does a visiting team make demands about a road game? It doesn't happen.

First Tennessee offered to play our home game in their stadium. How kind.
Then they tried to get ESPN to move the game to the afternoon.
Then they tried to have the game moved to December.
Then they refused to play on Sunday night in Baton Rouge.

This forfeit business in nonsense. Was it a forfeit due to an unavoidable disaster befalling the Tennessee team or simply a transparent ploy to avoid the game and force a postponement to a date when they are healthier and more experienced for a football advantage. LSU has been hit with two real disasters and has not forfeited any games yet. We've had all three opening home games moved.

I think a forfeit would have given LSU positive reputation for prevailing in the face of adversity and would have labeled Tennessee as losers, quitters, and whiners. When Tennessee thought about it they came to the same conclusion and backed off of that forfeit story very quickly. It would have killed them in the polls.

Whoever is in charge of public relations in the Tennessee AD ain't doing his job very well. They have made one PR blunder after another.
[snapback]149983[/snapback]​

Go file a lawsuit or something.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Sep 25, 2005 6:21 PM
What next red?  You gonna blame the hurricanes on us too?
[snapback]149996[/snapback]​

With the amount of useless wind coming out of the LSU fans on the 'net, he ought to look at home for the guilty party, first.

Originally posted by red55@Sep 25, 2005 6:11 PM

Yeah. Were ascared :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We only used teh forfeit when LSU officials insisted on UT flying in, playing, and then flying out during a hurricane. Its the LSU officials who insisted the game be played on Saturday, NOT Tennessee.

Sounds like Alabama fans. Yeah, you have to be a BAMA fan.

[snapback]149983[/snapback]​

PUBLIC RELATIONS 101: When you get a chance to fly into a dangerous situation to play a game, make sure you do it so everybody can see how tough you are.

The good news is LSU maroons like yourself wont be back on Tuesday.

I caught the Phil Fulmer show and was really impressed by both his and Mike Hamilton's comments. In a circumstance like this, you have to understand that Phil has a responsibility to the kids and their parents. How can you recruit like he does and really emphasize his committment to taking care of the guys, then fly them toward a hurricane?

This crap is old news, anyway, and I'm fired up for tomorrow night!

What the masses of human beings all over the world have not been told is that it is possible to control and manipulate weather with a technology called 'scalar energy'. These energy weapons have other major capabilities that are even more dangerous than atomic weapons. Scalar Weapons could literally destroy the world and it is of the utmost urgency that human beings all over the world must be told of the existence of this devastating technology.

The Fulmer conspiracy continues. First Alabama and now LSU. Thank goodness for UT and Oakridge connections on this one. This whiny LSU fan will be on here crying foul if LSU loses. What if's and other excuses will follow by Big Red turd.

Here is a picture of Red

Attachments

• LSU_fan.JPG
    LSU_fan.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 23, 2005 3:11 PM
Wait, I'm not following.  I thought that LSU said no to postponing the game at all.  They wanted Saturday or, worst case, Sunday.

Then UT said, well, we can't do that so its Monday night or we forfeit.  In which case LSUis out krillions.

So they folded like a cheap tent and said okay to Monday.

What am I missing?
[snapback]149070[/snapback]​

"LSU athletic director Skip Bertman was adamant about the game staying put and being played on Saturday. Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton had several biting sound bites. "You decide you're going to play Monday or decide you're not going to play the game," he said."
- Shreveport news article

LINK

Originally posted by GvHm6@Sep 26, 2005 2:16 PM
"LSU athletic director Skip Bertman was adamant about the game staying put and being played on Saturday. Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton had several biting sound bites. "You decide you're going to play Monday or decide you're not going to play the game," he said."
- Shreveport news article

LINK
[snapback]150384[/snapback]​

There it is!!! Someone coming to my defense. Or at least to the defense of the criticism that LSU was more worried aobut $ than fan and player safety.

That's what I was saying all day Friday.

Man, I'm backing up a Gator's argument.

Again I ask, is Tuscaloosa freezing over?

Originally posted by orangetd88@Sep 26, 2005 2:37 PM
That's what I was saying all day Friday.

Man, I'm backing up a Gator's argument. 

Again I ask, is Tuscaloosa freezing over?
[snapback]150402[/snapback]​

The truth is the truth, whether its touted by a Gator , a Vol, or a Bammer.

Still don't know what the total history is on this. As some have posted, it matter not at this point. Lace 'em up.

Can't wait until next Saturday. UF v. Bama will set the tone for the rest of the year.

That should be a good game. I'm gonna worry about our game tonight, but if we win, I'll have tp pull for the Bammers.

Man, I hate this playing from behind crap!

Originally posted by orangetd88@Sep 26, 2005 1:53 PM
That should be a good game.  I'm gonna worry about our game tonight, but if we win, I'll have tp pull for the Bammers.

Man, I hate this playing from behind crap!
[snapback]150407[/snapback]​

I hate having to pull for Bama!

VN Store

Back