FOR SHAME

Haw yaw naw. Scree naw chaw. Let's'nn plays us sum football, yaw! I gaaaaaarowntee!

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Sep 23, 2005 7:36 PM
Haw yaw naw.  Scree naw chaw.  Let's'nn plays us sum football, yaw!  I gaaaaaarowntee!
[snapback]149179[/snapback]​

:lol:

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Sep 23, 2005 8:36 PM
Haw yaw naw.  Scree naw chaw.  Let's'nn plays us sum football, yaw!  I gaaaaaarowntee!
[snapback]149179[/snapback]​

:blink: :lol:

I gotta few extra seats if ya need a ride to "the borrowed-name--Death Valley".

downeast%20duck%20blk.jpg

So, I guess it's gonna damage all over the campus but not the stadium?
Will the stadium become an aquarium? This is beginning to sound like a very poorly planned event.

Originally posted by Arclight@Sep 23, 2005 7:54 PM
Will the stadium become an aquarium? This is beginning to sound like a very poorly planned event.
[snapback]149196[/snapback]​

No nothing down there will hold water!! Remember sh** floats!

Originally posted by Arclight@Sep 23, 2005 6:54 PM

Not only that but I hear people and cows are just flying around everywhere...hotels are crashing down....and cars are being picked up and thrown everywhere!!!!

Will the stadium become an aquarium?

What Stadium? Half of it was torn down by the wind rain.

Originally posted by U-T@Sep 23, 2005 7:31 PM
So....you were wrong in the first statement of this thread?

Mind you, I agree that having the game tomm should NOT have happened....I think Monday is fine
[snapback]149176[/snapback]​

You, brother man, are a true servant of fairness.

Well, no, I am not.

I am usually as bias as could be for UT.

But, I could be wrong. It has happened before. My bank account can attest to that.

Originally posted by U-T@Sep 23, 2005 9:35 PM

I am usually as bias as could be for UT.

[snapback]149251[/snapback]​

Be that as it may, you seem to do your own research rather than trust raw assertions.

Originally posted by U-T@Sep 23, 2005 7:31 PM
So....you were wrong in the first statement of this thread?

[snapback]149176[/snapback]​

Hey, here's an idea. How's about you don't quote me out of context?

You quoted me as saying: "and lo and behold it turns out LSU had to be threatened with missing out on the big bucks to have the game on Monday?"

You left out my very next words, which were "If so, they ought to be ashamed of themselves..."

You also failed to mention these tidbits from me in the same thread:

"Again, where am I going wrong on this? I am utterly amazed at the whole scenario."

or

"I keep thinking there has to be a sane and reasonable explanation for this. Maybe there is and we just don't know it yet. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer."

or how about

"What I am struggling to understand is that, if it is true LSU insisted on playing on Saturday or Sunday, why? What is the reason for that?"

Let's continue, shall we? What's next? How about:

"So, if what I am reading here is right ..." and "This all assumes that the facts I have been reading on here are true."

There are probably a few others. My point is simply that, if you are going to criticize my thinking, my statements, or my posts, you really ought to be accurate in what I said and not just take what suits your purpose WAY out of context. I mean, anyone can misquote me or take things out of context and then attack that.

Pretty weak U-T. Actually, very weak. You get an F-minus in fundamental logic 101 for remedial kids.

Just pointing out how different your tone has changed since your first post.

From your "Big Bucks" comment to the
It does not say one way or the other
comment....just noting the glaring difference. Whether you continue ending sentences with "if true" doesn't make much difference when you are post after post stating the same thing with the same intention.

I seem to be the only UT fan who doesn't mind this Monday game nor that the LSU AD is pure evil and that is fine.

UT will still beat LSU and shut up their fans.

The weather here has gotten better as of late...winds around 30 with gusts up to 40....and not even 2 inches of rain total.....and Baton Rouge friends say many bars are open and busy and business's are going to be up and running tommorrow.

A cousin of mine who is roughly 15 minutes North of Lake Charles says up to 5 inches of rain has been dumped in the last 2 hours with winds picking up to 100+ mph....hopefully...she stays safe.

I don't think that the LSU AD is evil or anything, just a little blinded by the desire to play a football game. I understand them wanting to play the game badly, but nobody in their right mind would try to fly into there tomorrow morning.

The Monday game sucks for all the fans and makes for a tough week next week, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Originally posted by U-T@Sep 23, 2005 11:27 PM
Just pointing out how different your tone has changed since your first post.

From your "Big Bucks" comment to the  comment....just noting the glaring difference. Whether you continue ending sentences with "if true" doesn't make much difference when you are post after post stating the same thing with the same intention.

I seem to be the only UT fan who doesn't mind this Monday game nor that the LSU AD is pure evil and that is fine.

[snapback]149364[/snapback]​

We will have to agree to disagree on part one as I think my tone was that I could not believe it but, if true, I was shocked by it and maybe a bit mad. But that's okay we don't see eye to eye on that.

As to part two, I hope they get the game off, too. I would think UT fans would be happy to have the game on Monday as well. First, you get the spotlight. Second, it gives you a chance to come back strong after last weekend. I too would think you'd want to get back in the saddle ASAP. Monday is bette rthan all the way to the following Saturday.

Also good luck to your cousin. Most structures are fin in 100 m.p.h. winds. Got to watch out for tornados in the NE corner of the storm. Probably lose power and a bunch of trees. But hopefully that's it.

Let's beat the crap out of LSU and relax :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

Whoooooo-hooooooooo! Theese'n winds ain't nuthin' when compared to 'en backside blasts from me cousin-wife! Yoo-hoooooooo, naw! Can'ts waits fur sem football! I gaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuurawntee!

Whew, lawgator and U_T, I'm glad that got resolved. Well said by both parties. I just think I'm proud that Coach and the administration stated the obvious and said we ain't sending our kids into the teeth of a hurricane. Did ya'll hear that coach Fulmer said "we'll play in a parking lot in April" if that's what it takes? This game should be very good but I'm very proud of our school for taking the path of whatever is best for our young men. God bless all those in the path of this storm!!

By the way, ESPN gameday bailed out as soon as possible so they have no voice in when or where this game should be played!!

Yeah, They bailed out early wed's. On the good side Corso busted VT's ba!!s today! I figured he was happy to get to Blacksburg where he could hokie pokie his silly butt off.

In light of conditions on campus, I think a football game could be played today. The rain has stopped altogether. All that remains, and all that would make playing difficult, is 20-30 mph gusts. Gusts, I say. Not sustained. I'm surprised, tho. I thought we'd get hit a lot harder than we did. The good Lord has struck again.

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 23, 2005 5:11 PM
  Right now, I'd say 50-50 based on the forecast for the remnants to stall out.  Remember, the winds might be down to 20 m.p.h. then, but it will rain for days and heavy, too.  To the point of flooding the area and that localized flooding presents its own set of issues.
[snapback]149157[/snapback]​

lawgator recently recived endorsment by the AMS (American Meteorlogical Soceity), The NWS (National Weather Service), NOAA, ACT UP, MoveOn.org, the ABA, the Democratic Party, NOW, and Volnation.

:D

just kidding..

VN Store

Back