FOR SHAME

Yet having a right with the ability to do it does mean they can do it fairly.

A debacle is a fair assessment of events both natural and man made that have led up to this game. Opinions around here have become heated to say the least. There will be a game... eventually, and I suspect it will be a fine one. Both teams seem amped to play. As for the outpouring of varied opinions on this issue, I offer this thought....

"Those who wish to appear wise among fools,
among the wise seem foolish."
-Quintilian

from ancient Rome, yet still so true!

Go Vols!

No football game is worth anyone getting hurt just trying to get there, and if Rita has half the impact that Katrina did I would think that the folks in the BR area would have bigger things to concern themselves with.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 23, 2005 2:17 PM
No football game is worth anyone getting hurt just trying to get there, and if Rita has half the impact that Katrina did I would think that the folks in the BR area would have bigger things to concern themselves with.
[snapback]149036[/snapback]​

My point all along. I understand the argument that the game has value as a return to normalcy and much needed diversion for those so harshly impacted by Katrina; but that can't take precedent over real issues of safety, etc.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Sep 23, 2005 2:17 PM
[snapback]149036[/snapback]​

I have to agree. I do note that there is some concern at the TPC that Rita will stall out in NE Texas-NW La. through ealry to mid-week. That COULD make it difficult to play the game if the rain is what it will probably be. At a minimum I would say that travel to and from the game is going to be very, very difficult from outside that immediate area.

Weather not withstanding evacuees and relief traffic and so forth will be a concern

Been a busy day litigating and what not and I log on here and lo and behold it turns out LSU had to be threatened with missing out on the big bucks to have the game on Monday? If so, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. Frickin pathetic.

I couldn't agree more.

For some reason, L$U folks can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

I've been going on and on with a few of them on another board.

It's been an interesting day.

While waiting for the official announcement yesterday afternoon, I checke the Baton Rouge forecast for Saturday night.

Rain, sustained winds at about 35 mph with gusts to 67 mph. Sure, go ahead and push for the game to be played in that weather while the rest of your state is getting even worse weather. Brilliant.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Sep 23, 2005 2:46 PM
I couldn't agree more.

For some reason, L$U folks can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

I've been going on and on with a few of them on another board.

It's been an interesting day.
[snapback]149052[/snapback]​

Well, do they have an explanation other than that they stomped their feet like a 4 year old until UT threatened to pull the plug on the game? I mean, for crying out loud, playing the game under these circumstances just so your fans can get drunk and spend their dough is just plain stupid.

I am not getting it.

Originally posted by volinbham@Sep 23, 2005 2:48 PM
While waiting for the official announcement yesterday afternoon, I checke the Baton Rouge forecast for Saturday night.

Rain, sustained winds at about 35 mph with gusts to 67 mph.  Sure, go ahead and push for the game to be played in that weather while the rest of your state is getting even worse weather.  Brilliant.
[snapback]149055[/snapback]​

Cmon, yall, they just want a regular saturday night to get things back to normal around there.

lmao..

It was the SEC commissioner's choice on when to play the game.

And if it was up to LSU, of course the game would have been postponed anyways. You don't think we know enough about hurricanes and their effects? Why would we encourage tennessee to bypass flight regulations and fly into Baton Rouge during a powerful storm?

Personally, I think it's lame that TN expressed their forfeit strategy had they not gotten their way.

Originally posted by Logan@Sep 23, 2005 2:57 PM
It was the SEC commissioner's choice on when to play the game.

And if it was up to LSU, of course the game would have been postponed anyways. You don't think we know enough about hurricanes and their effects? Why would we encourage tennessee to bypass flight regulations and fly into Baton Rouge during a powerful storm?

Personally, I think it's lame that TN expressed their forfeit strategy had they not gotten their way.
[snapback]149066[/snapback]​

Wait, I'm not following. I thought that LSU said no to postponing the game at all. They wanted Saturday or, worst case, Sunday.

Then UT said, well, we can't do that so its Monday night or we forfeit. In which case LSUis out krillions.

So they folded like a cheap tent and said okay to Monday.

What am I missing?

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 23, 2005 3:11 PM
Wait, I'm not following.  I thought that LSU said no to postponing the game at all.  They wanted Saturday or, worst case, Sunday.

Then UT said, well, we can't do that so its Monday night or we forfeit.  In which case LSUis out krillions.

So they folded like a cheap tent and said okay to Monday.

What am I missing?
[snapback]149070[/snapback]​

OK now Lawgator stop it. My mind cannot handle agreeing with a Gator. LOL

Everyone, especially LSU, wanted the game to be this weekend, and it was difficult to tell if that was possible until about 36 hours ago when it was inevitable that the game could not be played. At that point, our hopes to play on the weekend had quite clearly vanished.

And it wasn't a choice up to LSU or TN ultimately, although they had their say. SEC Commissioner Mike Slive made the choice to postpone, which is the correct choice, imo. He stated that due to scheduling conflicts, the game can't be postponed before the SECCG. So The only option was to move it to Monday, really.

I don't really see what the uproar is. No one seems to have their facts straight.

Originally posted by Logan@Sep 23, 2005 3:22 PM
Everyone, especially LSU, wanted the game to be this weekend, and it was difficult to tell if that was possible until about 36 hours ago when it was inevitable that the game could not be played. At that point, our hopes to play on the weekend had quite clearly vanished.

And it wasn't a choice up to LSU or TN ultimately, although they had their say.  SEC Commissioner Mike Slive made the choice to postpone, which is the correct choice, imo. He stated that due to scheduling conflicts, the game can't be postponed before the SECCG. So The only option was to move it to Monday, really.

I don't really see what the uproar is. No one seems to have their facts straight.
[snapback]149076[/snapback]​

I'd say the uproar is that LSU's position was to stick with Sat. night eventhough it was becoming evident that playing it would be next to if not impossible. Your point is correct, the SEC commissioner stepped in because he felt that insisting on Sat. night/Sunday was unreasonable. I'm not a big fan of a Monday game for several reasons but it is clearly a better solution than the position advocated by LSU.

Originally posted by volinbham@Sep 23, 2005 3:27 PM
I'd say the uproar is that LSU's position was to stick with Sat. night eventhough it was becoming evident that playing it would be next to if not impossible.  Your point is correct, the SEC commissioner stepped in because he felt that insisting on Sat. night/Sunday was unreasonable.  I'm not a big fan of a Monday game for several reasons but it is clearly a better solution than the position advocated by LSU.
[snapback]149078[/snapback]​

So Logan, is it true that LSU as of yesterday's phone conference wanted to keep the game on Saturday? Its a simple yes or no.

If they did, then the rest of the claim by the UT fans is totally logical, which is to say that LSU is penulitmate greedy scumbags for insisting the game be on Saturday night despite the fact it would be lunacy to ask for that.

You also said above that both UT and LSU wanted to keep the game on Saturday. Huh? I read on some links here that Fulmer said no way am I flying my team into a feakin hurricane.

So quit dodging, Logan. Did LSU want to keep the game on Saturday as of phone conference yesterday?

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 23, 2005 3:39 PM
So Logan, is it true that LSU as of yesterday's phone conference wanted to keep the game on Saturday?  Its a simple yes or no.

If they did, then the rest of the claim by the UT fans is totally logical, which is to say that LSU is penulitmate greedy scumbags for insisting the game be on Saturday night despite the fact it would be lunacy to ask for that.

You also said above that both UT and LSU wanted to keep the game on Saturday.  Huh?  I read on some links here that Fulmer said no way am I flying my team into a feakin hurricane.

So quit dodging, Logan.  Did LSU want to keep the game on Saturday as of phone conference yesterday?
[snapback]149084[/snapback]​

If you can provide me with a transcript of the conversation, then I'll tell you the answer.

Originally posted by Logan@Sep 23, 2005 3:43 PM
If you can provide me with a transcript of the conversation, then I'll tell you the answer.
[snapback]149085[/snapback]​

No, no, no. Nice try.

You are the one who claims on above post that BOTH lsu AND ut wanted to keep the game on Saturday. All sorts of links on here with Fulmer saying no way was he flying into a hurricane. So, if ut didn't want it, that means someone did. Ummmmmm.... LSU?

Dude, seriously, are you not embarrassed that the almighty buck and the tradition of being drunken slobs just so you can be noisy was apparently causing your administration to have a brain aneurysm and demand to have the game on a weekend?

What kind of nonsense is that?

Again, where am I going wrong on this? I am utterly amazed at the whole scenario.

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 23, 2005 3:39 PM
So Logan, is it true that LSU as of yesterday's phone conference wanted to keep the game on Saturday?  Its a simple yes or no.

You also said above that both UT and LSU wanted to keep the game on Saturday.  Huh?  I read on some links here that Fulmer said no way am I flying my team into a feakin hurricane.

So quit dodging, Logan.  Did LSU want to keep the game on Saturday as of phone conference yesterday?
[snapback]149084[/snapback]​

The defense rests your honor.... :dance2:

Originally posted by indyvol15@Sep 23, 2005 3:49 PM
The defense rests your honor.... :dance2:
[snapback]149091[/snapback]​

LOL. Well, I keep thinking there has to be a sane and reasonable explanation for this. Maybe there is and we just don't know it yet. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer. But as of now it sure looks bad for the LSU AD.

Originally posted by lawgator1@Sep 23, 2005 3:54 PM
LOL.  Well, I keep thinking there has to be a sane and reasonable explanation for this.  Maybe there is and we just don't know it yet.  I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer.  But as of now it sure looks bad for the LSU AD.
[snapback]149093[/snapback]​

Sane and Reasonable? Now there are two words that certainly do not apply :fool:

Thoughts:

1. There is NO LEADERSHIP in the SEC Commissoner's chair.

2. Because there is no SEC leadership, the TEAMS try to make important decisions that should be made in the SEC Office.

3. The SEC Commish' should NEVER have even let the VOLS consider flying into BR on Sat. The SEC SHOULD have stepped in.

4. The final decison to play the game Monday Night in BR is RIDICULOUS. There's a 'cane coming into at least a portion of Louisiana and they hold a football game. (no common sense here) Nothing like partying while Rome burns.

5. I do not care where they play the game but not in Louisiana. Dangerous.

6. The state government and NOLA government WOULD NOT and DID NOT listen to anyone before and during Katrina. It's easier for them to criticize others who tried to advise and help them. These two forms of government are typical of Louisiana's continuing crooked, inept politics. It's been there since Huey Long's regimes. Never has changed.

7. Considering # 6, why would one expect the LSU Chancellor and the athletic director to be and act any differently. They DO NOT listen either. They do understand MONEY and forget their people. The game should have been moved to Pocatella, Maui or WHEREVER but not Baton Rouge.

8. Louisiana needs more than a clean-up from the 'canes. It needs to CLEAN HOUSE in state and local government.

9. LSU needs to get off the "I'm a Hurricane Victim (Soap-box)Syndrome" and start THINKING and making common sense decisions. LSU CAN be different than it's state government--it's called leadership, innovation and looking to the future.

10. Believe this, whenever, this game is played---you'd better have your crying-towels ready and be prepared to head to the Kum Bah Ya Closet--because you're going to be led down the path and see it spread on thick by the liberal controlled ESPN.

11. I do feel for the citizens of Louisiana during their bad unsolicited hurricanes, but they REALLY need to SIT UP and recognize their state government is an abject failure. It's been a failure for fifty-sixty years--no wonder the levies failed-no wonder their school system is in the cellar. This ineptness bleeds downward to the LSU admistration as well.

12. Sad to say, but until state government improves water will continue to seek it's own level.

lawgator1 if you get on here tonight I would like to let you know that I have a new respect for you..................... :peace2:

VN Store

Back