For New/Infrequent Posters – The Rules Thread

What's interesting is, win or lose, as soon as this season is over, we can start talking about a team that next year could be even better. LOL
I went back through some of last seasons threads and it was pretty good.
None of us mentioned Lipscomb or Ortega, when projecting this year’s lineup.
A lot of us had Steenstra taking over at 1st.
Burns was our Sunday guy.
We had completely written off Luc and Evan, due to graduation.
I have to admit, even though it will give him the big head, @W.TN.Orange Blood called Gilbert’s shot in the Wright state thread!
Today was really the first time Ive read through that one, was too caught up in the atmosphere of LNS to post much.
It was good stuff and some things gave me a good laugh today.
GBO!!

Who are you replying to??
GBO!!
neil-de-grasse-tyson-wheel-of-science-episodes.gif

Rules are now extremely enforced, I went through the game thread from last night and have blocked a numerous number of posters, even a few regulars, from posting in todays game thread.

You can post your displeasure with a play or an at bat without being so direct and critical towards an individual player or coach. Your choice of words also matters…….instead of saying “he sucks” or “he can’t even hit off a tee”, just say “that was a tough at bat” or something similar.

If anyone questions this team and staff’s effort, they don’t need to be here……….

OT

Rules are now extremely enforced, I went through the game thread from last night and have blocked a numerous number of posters, even a few regulars, from posting in todays game thread.

You can post your displeasure with a play or an at bat without being so direct and critical towards an individual player or coach. Your choice of words also matters…….instead of saying “he sucks” or “he can’t even hit off a tee”, just say “that was a tough at bat” or something similar.

If anyone questions this team and staff’s effort, they don’t need to be here……….

OT
Thank you for doing this. I‘m sure being a moderator is a thankless job but things have been getting way out of hand—thanks for reigning it back in. 👍👊🍊🍊

I debated on even reaching out to Freak about this subject however we have a lot of new folks joining us on the Baseball Forums....and Freak gave me his blessing to post this, so here it goes.

I'll keep it short. The Baseball Forum on the Volnation board has been known as the civilized bunch. We intend for the spirit of that to remain intact. The Baseball Forum is known for the game threads and nuances into the game that many of us do not understand completely as well as many poster’s love for not only Tennessee Baseball but in College Baseball in general.

Over the years, this forum has needed very little moderation, it’s moderated much differently than some other forums because of the above.....

I’d like to lay out some general guidelines:
1. We aren't going to bash the kids or coaches. This is not debatable. It is a zero-tolerance policy. This is your warning.

2. A healthy debate about baseball decisions is welcomed. We don't mind you questioning a call or a decision but give an educated and reasonable explanation as to why you feel as you do. A healthy debate is a good thing, all opinions are welcomed, flat out bashing someone for their opinion is not being tolerated.

3. Keep it Civil, no explanation needed here.

Baseball is a beautiful, wonderful game and most of the regulars here take it very seriously. We encourage you to join in and look forward to interacting with a lot of new folks, but we are happy with lower numbers compared to the Football or Basketball forums. If you can't play by the rules that have worked for years, we would rather you not post here.

I think this run engineered by Coach Tony Vitello and his staff is going to be a blast, let’s keep it civil and enjoy the ride………GO VOLS!!

EDIT:
Also, please refrain from POLITICAL post or references, even if you’re making a joke. I’m the first one to throw a politician under the bus but I don't do it in the Baseball Forum as it does nothing but piss off someone else that may have different views……….

OT
Bump to emphasize Rule 1 for the drivebys.

1. We aren't going to bash the kids or coaches. This is not debatable. It is a zero-tolerance policy. This is your warning.

I’ve been w vol baseball since 1994 watching on a crt that heated up my apt on highland. I wanna make a run so bad but this team is way different that last year. Tell me what we have. Game one and two hurt me bad, no lie. Was in the dumps with the loss to KY as well. I think our 2 rating was a little high but the blue bloods are saying we are a wash in the pan. What say I boys, can we make a run w this team? I know our pitching is top but losing 8 starters hurts. Just a lonely vols fan reaching out

I’ve been w vol baseball since 1994 watching on a crt that heated up my apt on highland. I wanna make a run so bad but this team is way different that last year. Tell me what we have. Game one and two hurt me bad, no lie. Was in the dumps with the loss to KY as well. I think our 2 rating was a little high but the blue bloods are saying we are a wash in the pan. What say I boys, can we make a run w this team? I know our pitching is top but losing 8 starters hurts. Just a lonely vols fan reaching out

We’ll be okay. I didn’t expect we’d just replace all the Jimmy’s and Joe’s all at once and presto!

Did you? Lots of good things this weekend, and it starts with the pitching, but guys delivered on other fronts as well. I’m hoping we get through Tuesday and Wednesday, which means seeing guys we haven’t yet seen probably, will know a bit more. Long way to go.

VN Store

Back