Football isn’t happening...

OK...I guess all those folks in Florida are just hanging out in the maxed out ICU's for the hell of it. It's all a big conspiracy.

According to Florida's governor who just might be a better authority than YOU... Florida's ICU's are not and have not been maxed out. Texas ICU's have a high load but only 15% of those beds are occupied by Covid patients. Many are occupied by people who delayed necessary procedures DUE to Covid-19.

By most accounts, this thing is currently spreading like wild-fire. Regardless of whether it means imminent death for me and my loved ones, IMO it is stupid for an administration to downplay and seemingly ignore the potential damage it can do. I'll wear a mask because at the end of the day it may keep me and my family (and the general public) safer than choosing to not wear one.

OK. You should immediately stop driving or riding in a car. It is far safer for you and the public if you just deal with those inconveniences. Don't like that one? There are literally endless things that are FAR less risky than going out in public without a mask right now that you do without even thinking about it.

Do you not even pause to think critically about what people are telling you when they're trying to manipulate you? I'm not against wearing masks because I don't care about people. I'm against them because I do not believe they're effective and am 99.999999999999999% sure that I am no threat to spread a virus to someone that on average less than .5% of our population has. Even if I had it... there are NO conclusive studies that show masks are effective at preventing the spread.

Wear your mask. "Feel good" about saving the world.... but you're not.

OK. You should immediately stop driving or riding in a car. It is far safer for you and the public if you just deal with those inconveniences. Don't like that one? There are literally endless things that are FAR less risky than going out in public without a mask right now that you do without even thinking about it.

Do you not even pause to think critically about what people are telling you when they're trying to manipulate you? I'm not against wearing masks because I don't care about people. I'm against them because I do not believe they're effective and am 99.999999999999999% sure that I am no threat to spread a virus to someone that on average less than .5% of our population has. Even if I had it... there are NO conclusive studies that show masks are effective at preventing the spread.

You could’ve just told us you were an epidemiologist a long time ago and everyone would’ve known to just listen to you only and not have opinions of their own.

Reactions: overseasorange2
According to Florida's governor who just might be a better authority than YOU... Florida's ICU's are not and have not been maxed out. Texas ICU's have a high load but only 15% of those beds are occupied by Covid patients. Many are occupied by people who delayed necessary procedures DUE to Covid-19.

To your and one of my neighbors who happens to be in the hospital business the really scary monster of "90% of ICU beds are filled" is actually per plan. What that really means is you have hospital administrators coupled with their medical associates who are using the facilities efficiently. You don't want a hospital or parts of it used at 20% as that facilicty will not be there long. Your other point, it seems as if nationally the rate is between of all patients in ICUs, the run rate for covid admitted patients is 15 to 20% of the total. It ain't sky is falling stuff folks.

To your and one of my neighbors who happens to be in the hospital business the really scary monster of "90% of ICU beds are filled" is actually per plan. What that really means is you have hospital administrators coupled with their medical associates who are using the facilities efficiently. You don't want a hospital or parts of it used at 20% as that facilicty will not be there long. Your other point, it seems as if nationally the rate is between of all patients in ICUs, the run rate for covid admitted patients is 15 to 20% of the total. It ain't sky is falling stuff folks.
Good point. You will not hear that on fear mongering shows like CNN or MSNBC.

Last edited:
Reactions: oz615

And I’m the one not thinking critically...interesting.

Whether or not you choose to wear a mask, good luck to you and your family throughout this mess. Let’s just hope that we’re all wrong and you are correct in that it isn’t a big deal.

Saw a headline that Houstons ICU bed capacity was a 97%.....But it was at 95% this time last year.

Was told today that someone I know went to get tested and they had to fill out some paperwork while they waited in line. It was taking forever so they decided to leave after they turned their paper work in. They were called by the testing center to find out they tested positive.

Reactions: oz615
Fl governor is another genius

@ABINGDON VOL FAN On a different note.

One of the ways that I have implemented at work to protect my guess is bipolar ionization air purifiers. Check the case study at the bottom of this link. THESE are the kinds of solutions that would actually reduce risks AND allow us to go safely into bars, restaurants, schools, offices, elevators, trains, etc. So why on EARTH are we trying to make 325 million healthy people wear masks of HIGHLY questionable effectiveness instead?

People don't think this more than one layer deep and even then fail to question "just so" statements. Assuming the "experts" knew or were telling the truth has gotten us to where we are.

The key to preventing spread is lessening viral load when people are close to each other. Maintaining distance when possible is a good idea even without Covid. Masks are NOT particularly effective in most situations at preventing accumulated viral load. Ventilation and sunlight are EXCELLENT for doing that. The problem is when people spend all day safely on the beach with very little viral load... then crowd into bars at night or even hotels with shared HVAC return air.

Please forgive my frustration when people keep attacking the branches rather than the roots or making this bigger than the numbers say it is. And... I'm NOT saying it isn't a serious virus. If I am exactly right about the comparison between Covid and the flu... it is NOT good that we now have one more killer of end of life patients to deal with much less any additional deaths. IOW's, even if the combined flu, pneumonia, and Covid deaths are just 30% greater than the P&I deaths have been... that's still a problem.

PS- CDC combines P&I and Covid in a lot of their data to create a composite impact due to deadly common viruses.

iWave-R Air Purifier Nu-Calgon

This product is very interesting. I’ve always thought there was a way (with absolutely zero education in the matter) to degrade this virus with a method like this. Thanks for posting. 👍🏼

so life stands still .... for how long ?

My life is not standing still -Just big gatherings.

Football will be played again.

But it cannot happen right now in its traditional way. Football is not life.
This is coming from someone who played high school, college, and pro ball. I've been a part of a recruiting network. I love football.
I love the Vols.

But it shouldn't be played now.

My life is not standing still -Just big gatherings.

Football will be played again.

But it cannot happen right now in its traditional way. Football is not life.
This is coming from someone who played high school, college, and pro ball. I've been a part of a recruiting network. I love football.
I love the Vols.

But it shouldn't be played now.

No team sports should be right now. Not sure why the NBA and MLB are adamant about playing right now.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Watching this debates over, wear a mask; dont wear mask, play football; dont play football is just a great look into the way people think. Alot of people dont mind the living with risk, but then alot people are terrified of risk. Its wild to think of all the "normal" risk people are willing to take on a daily basis in life, just going to the grocery store, walking down a flight of stairs, going to the bathroom, cell phone talking and walking at the same time, or a billion other things. But, you throw a "abnormal " risk into daily life and all of a sudden the risk to do anything is just to much to over come for some people. Fascinating.

I wonder how many politicians and how long it would take them to convince a sizable part of the population that driving a car is way to risky, you should walk every where you go. Flash on the tv a few car wrecks and number of deaths that could have been avoided. Even eating out is way to risky to eat food that you dont prepare yourself. Some maniac could put something in your food that is harmful to you. Drinking alcohol is ok though, that's never hurt anyone. Point is most doctors at my hospital are saying go to school and work. Most politicians are saying go outside and you die unless it's to protest. Im not saying one is right or wrong. Just who do you believe?

Last edited:
If you think Phil Fulmer or Greg Byrne haven’t already run through every prospective scenario over with their teams to formulate a game plan then you’re crazy.
The situation is fluid and may get worse or better over the next few weeks. It’s Ok to formulate plans but the Ivy League and Big Ten had at least two more weeks to gather data before announcing. They should have waited.

Tennessee Volunteers Football Record By Year | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Check out 1918...just saying...yeah it was WWI, but it was Spanish Flu, originated on a farm in Kansas. Guys get on boats, dig trenches, bring it home.

Lasted about two years, no phones, no social media, no 24 hour news cycle, back then.

It’s heavy stuff. Football would be great! But I have to decide if I will send my kid back to school next month.
Don’t watch CNN and MSNBC. They have an agenda to keep everything closed down for political purposes. Children in general will be Ok. Just influence the at risk people you know to take precautions if they are not doing so already. We can not let this virus destroy our country and way of life forever. Be brave not cowardly.

Don’t watch CNN and MSNBC. They have an agenda to keep everything closed down for political purposes. Children in general will be Ok. Just influence the at risk people you know to take precautions if they are not doing so already. We can not let this virus destroy our country and way of life forever. Be brave not cowardly.
I don't disagree that they are polarizing, but don't act like Fox isn't right in there with them...if you go on front page of Fox today, you'd think the only news in the world is the Roger Stone deal and race related stuff...there's literally no mention of covid except financial article from Bill Gates. Neither side of the aisle has any balance towards solving today's problems.

VN Store

Back