Football isn’t happening...

No way 130K people have died. The books have been cooked. At-risk people (the very old, the very sick) have died and no one else. There is zero chance a college football player will die.

We ask the most physically fit people in their early 20s in the entire world to slam into each other over and over and over, but now, we are concerned about them getting a flu that only kills the elderly (or people so sick they should be on lock-down in a hospital)?!?

This will be the gold standard for societal mass delusion for generations. Biden is smiling behind his mask as he steals the election from the voters of the United States.

No way 130K people have died. The books have been cooked. At-risk people (the very old, the very sick) have died and no one else. There is zero chance a college football player will die.

We ask the most physically fit people in their early 20s in the entire world to slam into each other over and over and over, but now, we are concerned about them getting a flu that only kills the elderly (or people so sick they should be on lock-down in a hospital)?!?

This will be the gold standard for societal mass delusion for generations. Biden is smiling behind his mask as he steals the election from the voters of the United States.

Maybe the most ridiculous post in the history of VN.

Let me ask you this, have you had COVID-19? I have two very close members of my circle (best friend and father in law) who have. One in his 20s, one in his 60s. The one in his 20s (I’m extremely good shape), said it was the worst sickness he’s ever felt, like he was drowning, for more than a week and a half.

Father in law was sick, took him two months to get over it, and had two strokes a month later.

So when you say “zero percent” I’m wondering if that’s based on anything real, or just hyperbole. I think it’s safe to say that “zero percent” of us know the true extent of this disease. But then again, we see from the end of your post that it’s politically motivated. I know you want football, so do I. But let’s not dig ourselves a hole we can’t get out of.

Screenshot_20200708-134747_Chrome.jpg
We'll put you down for "Denial"

View attachment 291439
We'll put you down for "Denial"

You can put me there also but I started at Acceptance and worked my way to Denial listening to all the “ experts” and taking in all the numbers, graphs and charts . I believe a lot of us started on that end of the chart and ended up where I am .

Maybe the most ridiculous post in the history of VN.

Let me ask you this, have you had COVID-19? I have two very close members of my circle (best friend and father in law) who have. One in his 20s, one in his 60s. The one in his 20s (I’m extremely good shape), said it was the worst sickness he’s ever felt, like he was drowning, for more than a week and a half.

Father in law was sick, took him two months to get over it, and had two strokes a month later.

So when you say “zero percent” I’m wondering if that’s based on anything real, or just hyperbole. I think it’s safe to say that “zero percent” of us know the true extent of this disease. But then again, we see from the end of your post that it’s politically motivated. I know you want football, so do I. But let’s not dig ourselves a hole we can’t get out of.

THIS is what I pictured as I read this...

tenor.gif

THIS is what I pictured as I read this...

tenor.gif

Well, what you visualize is up to you. I really wasn’t trying to be smug, but I do react emotionally because I’ve been extremely close to people who’ve contracted the disease. It’s easy to say “only old people die,” but that’s not the case. And it may not affect younger people the same way, but it can absolutely be devastating to them.

All I’m saying is that we don’t know what we don’t know.

As soon as you show us your medical degree or your PhD in epidemiology, we’ll pay attention to you. Until then, it will be considered as the continuous stream of drivel that it is.

I just can't understand this. How do you come to think this way? I don't mean you alone, but the attitude that comes with the cult in general. What I've personally seen and experienced with this this virus flies completely in the face of what you have just written.

Reactions: VolInNW

No fall sports for the Ivy League. Key word is cancelled and not postponed. Could be a precursor for other leagues.

It will be entertaining to see how the smartest guys in the room deal with playing fall/winter/spring sports simultaneously. While it might work for the Ivy League (despite the sheer quantity of sports some of these schools sponsor relative to most D1 programs), I would imagine it to be a logistical nightmare for larger programs to simultaneously schedule so many athletic events.

Its very, very simple. You want football. Wear a f?@king mask. My area has trended way down with covid, because masks are mandatory. With masks you can have bigger gatherings and not fear mass spread of yhe virus. Large venues like a stadium should offer masks to attendees. To guarantee mask wearing. But ushers and cops must enforce wearing. Its really easy. Im living it and seeing it don r everyday.

I just have a question for the "just wear the mask" guy or gal, If everyone goes all in with the mask like a month ago, do yall trust your mayor and or governor that he or she won't move the goalposts on us....again? Again I'm just simply asking a question.

Just accept it.

There's a ton of full-length college football games I imagine many of us haven't seen that are loaded on YouTube.

Or you can always watch many of the ones you already have.

People have made this a "political " thing.
But it started in China.... think about that.
It doesn't give two shitz if your'e red or blue.

There's NO cure for it and it continues to spread.
- many who recover from it still have health issues afterwards.
- YOU CAN ALSO GET IT AGAIN.
- Its tolerant to extreme hot and cold climates.

Stop being so damn selfish and look at it for what it is!!!

It's a virus. Wishing it away won't help. Pretending the numbers you don't like are all fake won't help. It's a virus. It just doesn't care.

Many states opened full bore WAAAAY to soon. If we had stayed put for another 4-6 weeks, we would likely have a curve much more akin to what Europe has. And guess what? They are reopening.

And now a simple (expletive deleted) mask is causing people to go into full Boston Tea Party QAnon mode.

This isn't going to go well for anyone.

If we don’t have football this fall what happens to our seniors like JG and Trey? Can they get another season ?

VN Store

Back