Florida will be tougher than everyone thinks

Don't let my post confuse you either. I'm no negavol or anything like that. I think this is our best chance to beat Florida since the last time we did it, and after our performance, I feel very confident that we will do so.

I just don't think it will be as easy as you guys say. I sure hope it is though! :loco: :rock:

I've been following the Gators for 30 years.

This team blows.

No QB. Penalties galore. Defense is good but really a bunch of individuals at this point trying to make an individual name for themselves to get to the NFL.

Honestly, this has all the earmarks of total collapse.

I know a good setup when I see it.

I've been following the Gators for 30 years.

This team blows.

No QB. Penalties galore. Defense is good but really a bunch of individuals at this point trying to make an individual name for themselves to get to the NFL.

Honestly, this has all the earmarks of total collapse.

Do you think Muschamp is the answer at Florida and can he survive another bad year?

I've learned we are a couple injuries away from being humbled. I'm done predicting crap in sec play until the final whistle blows. That said if we lose to this gator team it negates the NC State win by a large margin.

Totally agree with OP. Florida is much better than their gameplan showed against BG. I've never understood the logic of hoping Florida loses just because you hate them. It helps us so much more if they are 2-0 when we play. I hope A&M beats them up but Fla wins by 10. VFL.

My sentiments exactly........when we move in front of them in the rankings I don't want somebody else to do it for us, I want to step on they're ass and push off !!
:machgun:

Add up how many times since 1992 we have won against the Gators, anyone to think its an automatic W is delusional. Here is a hint, you only need 1 hand to count the victories in the past 19 years. At least we went 2-1 against the Gators when Zook was there.

Some of the fan base may be taking Florida lightly. I guarantee you the coaching staff is looking at Florida as a tough game.

Florida is a better team than what we saw on the field against BG. I think we have the best chance to beat them than we have had in several years but they are not a cupcake. The gators will arrive in Knoxville ready to play ball.

With that said a 42-17 TN win would look good.

this

Their still the gators. Anyone who thinks it is a "for sure" win is nuts. They sucked last year and they sucked against BG. But it was their first game. Lets at least see what they do against the aggies. They are a good enough team that the gators can't play a lackluster game to keep from showing to much offense. But "christ almighty" it was floridas first game and everyone knows they have issues at the qb position. How long do you thnk that is going to last? Their not scrubbs.

It lasted all of last season.

Also, Muschamp is a terrible coach. People gave Dooley a hard time for the past two season but he had far less talent than Muschamp has. 7-6 and struggling against Bowling Green? Awful.

The BG game shouldn't be used as much of a measuring stick for what type of team FL is. They went into the game saying they were going to alternate between two QBs. You don't do that unless you know you're going to pound the other team. BG provided a bit more of a challenge than they were expecting, hence giving up on the fair alternating between Driskell and Brisset. It wouldn't have been as close if they went in and played Driskell the entire game. The most telling thing from the game was FLs defense. It allowed a bit more than expected given its expectations. Still performed well enough though.

Both TN and FL should improve over the next two weeks barring major injuries. I see TN's defense improving more than FL's, given that TN is using a new scheme and still adjusting.

FL's offense should improve more than TN's though, since they've nailed down a starter at QB and can focus.

I still don't give much credit to FL's offense, even with a starter named. TN should win the offense category easily enough. As for defense, tough to call yet.

I will predict a win for TN though, can't say by how much until I see FL play A&M.

florida barely beat lowly bowling green, only scored 27 points and had 14 penalties. UT can beat them by 10+ with Bray lighting up their overrated secondary.

They barely beat lowly bowling green, had 14 penalties, and only scored 27 points AND it was a home game. What is Driskel going to do when there are 100,000 rabid Vol fans screaming at the top of their lungs?

Finally, someone with reason. Thank you OP.

All these people who think Florida is just going to be such an easy win are fooling themselves. The fact that the word 'cupcake' is even uttered in the same sentence as 'Florida' is absolutely absurd. For Christ's sake, it's been, what, 7 years since we last beat them? And you think we're just going to roll right over them? Come on guys.

So they struggled a bit in their opener. That doesn't mean a thing. This week's game will be far more indicative of how they will play in Knoxville two weeks from now.

Scared much? Unless Tebow Spikes Harvin Pouncey Hernandez Jenkins Wright and Haden come back, Florida is the same team they were last year. And that was good enough to get no important wins. We are CLEARLY better than we were last year. If Glennon threw 4 picks, Gizzard might throw 6!!!!

Their still the gators. Anyone who thinks it is a "for sure" win is nuts. They sucked last year and they sucked against BG. But it was their first game. Lets at least see what they do against the aggies. They are a good enough team that the gators can't play a lackluster game to keep from showing to much offense. But "christ almighty" it was floridas first game and everyone knows they have issues at the qb position. How long do you thnk that is going to last? Their not scrubbs.

Florida started off pretty slow/bad last year as well. If I remember correctly they didn't score in the first quarter for like the first five games. That being said they do look a lot worse this year than they did last year on offense.

Who was coaching those Alabama LBs?

You think UT's LBs won't take him out with one hit?

If Muschamp wanted his QBs to run, he wouldn't be trying (stupidly IMO) to install the Pro Set.

I think we want to keep him from running. The truth of the matter is that he is pretty good have around when a play seemingly breaks down because the kid can run. We want to keep him behind the los and force him to make bad throws. We can rush him without rushing past him. Consider what Glennon did with his feet and ask yourself if you want Driskell to have those same opportunities.

Consider what Glennon did with his feet and ask yourself if you want Driskell to have those same opportunities.

Driskell has yet prove a thing. Glennon is NFL qb. Comparing them is funny. As is the thought of losing to Florida. :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back