Florida vs LSU

I see a lower-scoring game. I like LSU at home, but you never know in games like these. One possession; one big play; one turnover; one missed kick; or one blown (or bad) call by the officials can tip the scales.

LSU by 4.

Edit: Both teams' strategy will likely be to play field-position offense, and go after the opposing QB. Whoever gets there most has the edge. Trask/Jones at risk here. Burrow is a game manager. So now it comes down to whichever front 7 can get there. Again, have to go with LSU at home.
In years past this is absolutely how it would have gone. I don’t think so this year. I look for a high scoring game. The winner will definitely have more than 30 points and it’s possible both teams will cross 30. The O/U is 55 and I’d absolutely take the over. We shall see.

Florida's defense should be equal to the task, particularly if they play as well as they did versus Auburn.

The offense has to come up with a way to sustain drives. We cannot rely on big plays. Somehow we have to come up with a running game.
Big difference playing Burrow at a night game in Tiger Stadium versus true freshman Nix in the Swamp. I only picked UF to lose 2 but this is one of them.

I don’t understand the infatuation with the ranking system. Other than for the playoffs, who cares.

Having said that I cannot imagine why Florida would not be considered top 10 having beaten Barn, who was respected this year, and being undefeated.
The rest of the wins are not that impressive this year as the rest of the teams are not that good and we outright suck. That’s not Florida’s fault as they beat who was put in front of them.

But I digress
As much as I hate it for the kid, the Gators became a totally different team the second Franks went down.

As much as I hate it for the kid, the Gators became a totally different team the second Franks went down.
They really did.
I’ve asked Gators that I know why they thought that Franks was playing instead of Trask and they all seem to believe that Trask isn’t as durable as Franks. Which does seem plausible as Trask does appear to have a history of injury.

Reactions: hUTch2002
They really did.
I’ve asked Gators that I know why they thought that Franks was playing instead of Trask and they all seem to believe that Trask isn’t as durable as Franks. Which does seem plausible as Trask does appear to have a history of injury.
Trask was on the verge of overtaking Franks last year before Trask got hurt.

I think the home LSWho advantage is a myth.
You could be right about who wins but I’m just not a believer in the home field thing.
That place is pretty nuts at night though. I would be curious to see stats against ranked teams, top 10 teams, and more for perceptions like this. LSU at night, Kinnick at night, etc.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

Stay classy ... then again hard to be classy when Joe Burrow's last memory of the Gator D looked like this:

gators-polite-sack_p3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sub Par SUPERSTAR
That’s pretty sad.
It shouldn’t happen.
We all have stupid fans.
Like the Ga guy making fun of pat summit.

Why would you wanna give Florida extra motivation?
Because you’re a moron and are not playing in the game

For whatever reason, LSU is playing the disrespect card, when they’re favored by 2 TDs, ranked #5 in the country, and the media can’t stop talking about their new explosive offense.

Not sure where the disrespect is coming from.
It works for Brady and the Pats every year. Manufacturing motivation.

I still don't think we win, but they are certainly giving UF a lot of bulletin board material. Haven't heard much from UF this week when LSU was running their mouth all week especially Joe Burrow.

Big difference playing Burrow at a night game in Tiger Stadium versus true freshman Nix in the Swamp. I only picked UF to lose 2 but this is one of them.

Yeah. Tiger stadium is a different atmosphere all together at night. Rowdy cajuns have all day to eat boudin and drink. Doubtful even coach yaw yaw can F this up.

Reactions: hUTch2002

VN Store

Back