Florida recruiting - yikes

Your opinion is noted. Here is a simple comparison. Most would agree that Dabo and Clemson have been Alabama’s greatest adversary, yet the great Nick Saban is only 1-2 against him. If he is the greatest to ever do it, why does he have a losing record against them? Should he not be 3-0 if he is as great as everyone claims him to be? Neyland was 5-0-2 against his greatest rival but Saban is 1-2 against his. I’m not wearing orange colored glasses, I’m just stating facts.
actually Saban is 2-2 vs Dabo.

Seriously, take off the orange glasses. We all love Neyland. He was a great coach. But he isn’t in Sabans league. Nobody is. There is Saban and then everyone else. You don’t think Saban could have done what Neyland did. Well I highly doubt Neyland could have come close to what Saban has accomplished.
you are talking 80 yrs difference. They both are great coaches of their times.

No, I’m judging him head to head against his peer. He couldn’t win a single game in 7 opportunities. That’s a pretty large sample size whenever you are dealing with head to head matchups. Fact is Bryant couldn’t crack the General’s code and break through. And Lloyd Carr was a better coach before Saban went to Alabama. Much better in fact. Lloyd Carr won roughly 75% of his games in his career. Nick Saban won roughly 68% of his games at his first 3 stops, then was a mediocre to downright bad NFL coach. Then he magically starts a dynasty at Alabama.
How come Neyland had less titles (national and SEC) than Bryant if he was unequivocally the better coach?

I'm not sure I've seen a dumber rationale for an argument on this site, and that's saying something. Saban is 0-1 against Bob Stoops. Is Stoops a better coach? Saban is 2-2 against Dabo, but what about this year when Saban is in the title race (again) and Dabo went 10-3 and wasn't even there?

Lloyd Carr was a better coach than Saban before Saban went to Alabama...just like Neyland was a better coach than Bryant before Bryant went to Alabama.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
How come Neyland had less titles (national and SEC) than Bryant if he was unequivocally the better coach?

I'm not sure I've seen a dumber rationale for an argument on this site, and that's saying something. Saban is 0-1 against Bob Stoops. Is Stoops a better coach? Saban is 2-2 against Dabo, but what about this year when Saban is in the title race (again) and Dabo went 10-3 and wasn't even there?

Lloyd Carr was a better coach than Saban before Saban went to Alabama...just like Neyland was a better coach than Bryant before Bryant went to Alabama.
You do realize Bryant coached like 15 more seasons than Neyland? Neyland has a better winning percentage, so give him an extra 15 years to even the playing field and he very likely would have added a more national and SEC championships. 5-0-2 against Bryant clearly means he is a better coach and it seems you can’t see that for being a closet Alabama fan.

You can't have a honest debate on this forum. There's not a person outside of here that doesn't think Saban is the GOAT. It's just blind hatred at this point

You do realize Bryant coached like 15 more seasons than Neyland? Neyland has a better winning percentage, so give him an extra 15 years to even the playing field and he very likely would have added a more national and SEC championships. 5-0-2 against Bryant clearly means he is a better coach and it seems you can’t see that for being a closet Alabama fan.
Longevity counts for nothing? You can make so many dumb arguments using the logic you are using. "Give him an extra 15 years"...well, that didn't happen. I deal in reality. lol

You can't have a honest debate on this forum. There's not a person outside of here that doesn't think Saban is the GOAT. It's just blind hatred at this point
Not blind hatred. It’s called being objective. Look at what Saban did before he got to Alabama. 68% winning percentage. 47% in the NFL.

Longevity counts for nothing? You can make so many dumb arguments using the logic you are using. "Give him an extra 15 years"...well, that didn't happen. I deal in reality. lol
5-0-2. That’s reality. Sorry but Neyland owned Bryant. Facts.

Not blind hatred. It’s called being objective. Look at what Saban did before he got to Alabama. 68% winning percentage. 47% in the NFL.
Look at what he did before he got to Alabama? You mean take over a terrible Michigan State program and lead them to their first 10-win season in 34 years? That despite being hit with severe sanctions after his first season for violations that occurred under the previous staff?

Or do you mean going to LSU and leading them to their first National Championship in 45 years?

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Look at what he did before he got to Alabama? You mean take over a terrible Michigan State program and lead them to their first 10-win season in school history? That despite being hit with severe sanctions after his first season for violations that occurred under the previous staff?

Or do you mean going to LSU and leading them to their first National Championship in 45 years?
It's also hilarious when people bring up his NFL record in an attempt to say he's not the greatest CFB coach.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Yeah, but, I mean, they did coach in games where they didn't play each other. And Bryant won a bunch more stuff than Neyland did in those games.

How old are you...8?
Old enough to know that Neyland was better than Bryant.

Look at what he did before he got to Alabama? You mean take over a terrible Michigan State program and lead them to their first 10-win season in 34 years? That despite being hit with severe sanctions after his first season for violations that occurred under the previous staff?

Like I said......

So we’re suppose to pretend like that failed experiment didn’t happen?
So Rick Pitino isn’t one of the ten greatest college basketball coaches of all time because he sucked with the Celtics? Performance as a professional coach has no bearing on your ranking as a college coach.

Reactions: UTSimSinAZ
So Rick Pitino isn’t one of the ten greatest college basketball coaches of all time because he sucked with the Celtics? Performance as a professional coach has no bearing on your ranking as a college coach.
He was pretty good for the Knicks. Took a team that won 24 games and had them in the conference semifinals two years later. Part of the problem he had in Boston was also being team president, which was a mistake.

So Urban Meyer and Steve Spurrier sucked as college head coaches?
No they did not but their time in the NFL did happen and you have to factor that into their coaching experience. You can’t just forget about it and pretend like it never happened. Paul Brown, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Tom Coughlin all had success in both college and NFL. Why couldn’t Saban, Spurrier, and Meyer do the same?

Reactions: Sudden Impact

VN Store

Back