Florida recruiting - yikes

I wouldn't say they're losers considering where they were. They're just a few spots behind us, with a higher average recruit ranking (barely). We're only ahead cause we signed 4 more 3 stars. 10 thru 20 is a coin flip anyway. Top 5 got most of the elite guys. Rinse and repeat

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Call me whatever sunshine pumper you want, but a big under the radar thing happened yesterday. And I stand by the fact that it will be a new game in town on the recruiting front at Florida.

But, a kid Jalen Farmer from Georgia had been committed to Florida for months. And then two weeks before signing day, he gets a call from Nick Saban and takes an official visit from Alabama. He gets an offer from Alabama.

And he stuck with Florida. That may not seem like much, but I can’t tell you how many guys we’ve lost that were committed or leaning our way and then that call comes from Nick or Kirby and poof, they’re up and gone like a fart in the wind.

If that’s a sign of things to come, that’s a big deal.

But, I think you’ll see Florida safely in the top 10 moving forward with Napier at the helm.

Reactions: Jaws
I’m disgusted to say this but UF offers the major I want to get into with online classes and it’s a good program. I never thought I’d go to school there, but Ill never claim them haha

Reactions: Jaws
Call me whatever sunshine pumper you want, but a big under the radar thing happened yesterday. And I stand by the fact that it will be a new game in town on the recruiting front at Florida.

But, a kid Jalen Farmer from Georgia had been committed to Florida for months. And then two weeks before signing day, he gets a call from Nick Saban and takes an official visit from Alabama. He gets an offer from Alabama.

And he stuck with Florida. That may not seem like much, but I can’t tell you how many guys we’ve lost that were committed or leaning our way and then that call comes from Nick or Kirby and poof, they’re up and gone like a fart in the wind.

But, I think you’ll see Florida safely in the top 10 moving forward with Napier at the helm.
Or bama was full up at 25.... and didnt need or want a fourth lineman who would have been their lowest rated recruit.

Last edited:
Man did this thread age well for Florida. Florida added a late 2022 commit today. When this thread was started, UF was 70th. After NSD, UF was 19th, but with the addition today, Florida is now 16th overall, 7th in the SEC, according to 247’s composite rankings. UF moved past Auburn, Stanford, and Tennessee on their rise up.

This has been a stunning turnaround for Billy Napier and Florida.

Reactions: Sub Par SUPERSTAR
Man did this thread age well for Florida. Florida added a late 2022 commit today. When this thread was started, UF was 70th. After NSD, UF was 19th, but with the addition today, Florida is now 16th overall, 7th in the SEC, according to 247’s composite rankings. UF moved past Auburn, Stanford, and Tennessee on their rise up.

This has been a stunning turnaround for Billy Napier and Florida.
If this dude is 220 lbs, then 40 of it is in his head.

Attachments

• 46FD3371-9036-4B34-A7CF-23524964EB34.png
    46FD3371-9036-4B34-A7CF-23524964EB34.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
Napier had almost as highly a rated class as us and he’s been there a few months. Our recruiting really worries me

Good lord man. UF is much easier to recruit to than us. That’s common sense. We have had good recruiting the past 15 years. How has that worked out for us?

Florida always has and probably always will land elite talent. It hasn’t really mattered without coaching. Hell you guys have a cancer right now in that locker room bc your team quit on your coach. Napier maybe the next Saban but I kind of doubt it; I don’t doubt it bc I think Napier is a bad coach but the conference basically chews up and spits out “good” coaches. You’ve got to be elite to stay in conference at a major program like Georgia, Florida, Bama, LSU etc.

VN Store

Back