Florida: Not so fast my friend

So you watch because....?

The only certainty is uncertainty. You can’t be brave without fear. You can’t have hope without dread, yadda yadda.

If you’re only here to be negative what does that say about you in general? To know how all the parts work together in something doesn’t mean you know the essence of it- the best parts of life are still mysterious. And I’d bet that’s still why you care about each game. That goes for all of us. And if you’re response is “We’re still gonna get destroyed” then I hope you and the others like you find joy in your hopelessness.

Nothing I said was negative. If you perceive it as negative then that is for you to figure out. Everything I said was rational. If you view being rational as being negative, then I don't know what to tell you. Reality isn't negative or positive, it simply is. Fans convince themselves of unrealistic outcomes all the time, because fans need to be invested in games - even in games where a big loss is probable. And the more unlikely the outcome, the more we have to find reasons to convince ourselves to buy in. Hence the unrealistic optimism. All this stuff about how we're special, we'll prove the experts wrong, that somehow will win given the current circumstances - that is unrealistic optimism.

It's the same as if someone was in front of you at the gas station, held out their newly purchased Powerball ticket, and said excitedly "this is gonna be the one!" Now, we can play along, we can say something encouraging, and plenty of people do, but deep down we all know the odds. Knowing the reality of a situation and being realistic about the odds isn't being negative. Maybe, one in thirty chance, we shock the world Saturday. Maybe. Probably we don't. Accepting that isn't being negative.

Reactions: Vol4life2
We may be 4-8 team or whatever, but this team isn’t just going to lay down against Florida. They’re going to go down there, and play hard.

Of course they will, but so will UF. This isn’t a Disney movie where the team just needs to learn to give it their all to win the big game. UF’s goal is to win the SEC East to get a rematch with Bama. They know the only way they can do that is by winning out in conference. They aren’t over looking us b/c a loss means they aren’t going to the SEC Championship.

It's interesting that this is such a 'rivalry'............since 1976, UF leads the series 28-7. You had some wins in the late 90's, but other than that, it's been pretty one sided.

Hey we’ve got a puncher’s chance that’s why they tee it up.

The Gators will have to have one helluva post-Bama letdown and hangover and shoot themselves in both feet enough for us to win. At home. Don’t count on it.

But stranger things have happened.

I just want to see us draw enough blood and not quit so we start earning back some respect.

You should start asap on hitting yourself in the head; and with any luck at all, you will ready by game time to where you don't even care. Caution, headache not as bad as heartache.

Go ahead and start pregaming now, we’re gonna need to be in a vegetative state to bear the Florida game.

AR-801254009.jpg

There is a feeling in the air. I don’t know what it’s, but this team will be fired up all week. I think we are going to go in the swamp fired up, we are going to scratch, claw and play with everything we’ve got. It feels like this group has been waiting on this game for a while. It feels like that they have put Pitt behind them. It feels like we are going to have a defense to stand up, and swarm to the football all game. I don’t know, but there is a chill in the air about this game. There is an offense waiting for Florida for some reason. Call me crazy, but this has a feel that I haven’t had in a long time. I think this football team is special coming into this game. I think it’ll be a lot closer than the experts thank. I thank we have a chance to win this game.

That chill in the air is rigor mortise setting into the Vols football program.

There is a feeling in the air. I don’t know what it’s, but this team will be fired up all week. I think we are going to go in the swamp fired up, we are going to scratch, claw and play with everything we’ve got. It feels like this group has been waiting on this game for a while. It feels like that they have put Pitt behind them. It feels like we are going to have a defense to stand up, and swarm to the football all game. I don’t know, but there is a chill in the air about this game. There is an offense waiting for Florida for some reason. Call me crazy, but this has a feel that I haven’t had in a long time. I think this football team is special coming into this game. I think it’ll be a lot closer than the experts thank. I thank we have a chance to win this game.
Ain’t gonna happen

Oh no! This ain’t no gas. It’s that feeling that you get. I think we’re going to play loose in this game. I think we let it go!

Well,,
There's a feeling I get when I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking
That's you

👍👍Buck the Gators and Go Vols!

Vols 31
Gators 21

Don’t do this to yourself OP. I’m all for optimism, Just don’t be one of the ones who gets super duper pissed if we lose by 21+

Reactions: Nocleats

VN Store

Back