Florida: Not so fast my friend

Tennessee's taking 70 scholarship players and a turnover-prone offense to Gainesville to play a Florida team that went toe to toe with Bama and didn't blink. There is no chill in the air. It's 70 degrees outside. You're imagining things. A whole lot of things.

I will watch it cheer and scream but at the end of the day we will lose. If this staff figures out a way to win I will be really surprised.

Reactions: 08Vol
Oh! But I’m not the only one that is feeling it in the air. There is a lot of people that thinks we’re going in there with a chance to win.
Nobody, that is professionally involved in college football, believes we have any chance to win this game. Im not sure that the few people here in the looney bin count as “ a lot of people”

Hey we’ve got a puncher’s chance that’s why they tee it up.

The Gators will have to have one helluva post-Bama letdown and hangover and shoot themselves in both feet enough for us to win. At home. Don’t count on it.

But stranger things have happened.

I just want to see us draw enough blood and not quit so we start earning back some respect.

Reactions: rdk4121
Meanwhile, Florida is thinking to themselves, "We've got Kentucky in a couple of weeks. We should probably look ahead....."

While I wouldn’t be “looking ahead”, I would be lying if I didn’t say I was more nervous about Kentucky than Tennessee.

Florida has Kentucky on the road and Kentucky has played Florida better in recent years

We lost to Pitt and Florida gave Bama all they could handle and still people think we somehow won this game? What drugs are some of you on?

Reactions: 08Vol
I sort of agree with the OP. IF we play our best game and FL has a "Let-Down" game we can keep it close, I am not saying we are going to "win out right" but keep it respectable.

There is a feeling in the air. I don’t know what it’s, but this team will be fired up all week. I think we are going to go in the swamp fired up, we are going to scratch, claw and play with everything we’ve got. It feels like this group has been waiting on this game for a while. It feels like that they have put Pitt behind them. It feels like we are going to have a defense to stand up, and swarm to the football all game. I don’t know, but there is a chill in the air about this game. There is an offense waiting for Florida for some reason. Call me crazy, but this has a feel that I haven’t had in a long time. I think this football team is special coming into this game. I think it’ll be a lot closer than the experts thank. I thank we have a chance to win this game.

I hope you are correct!!

Reactions: ArdentVol
there are some yes and I feel sorry for them as the disappointment will be much larger for them. We are a 4-8 team this year. It is what it is. Hopefully in 2 years we be on the path. I like the coach but talent not here

Why are so many here afraid of disappointment? IMO it is better to be excited all week and then estatic if the good guys win or disappointed for a day or two of they lose than be in a constant state of "woe is me".

VN Store

Back