Florida eyes TN game as most important

Bingo.... this play didn't turn out so well.
2013-09-2113_48_18.gif

^^One of my least favorite plays in CFB is on an offsides like that. Sure, it looks cool that your OL is in sync. But, it's a free play. Maybe, just maybe, if you continue to block for your QB, you can make something happen down field. Otherwise, you're just asking for someone to get hurt.

Reactions: 1 person
Muschamp left fla's roster in shambles--they have little or no talent on offense--this is the year the Vols get a big win in Gainesville! UT 33 fla 16!!

Oklahoma's our second game. If we can beat them at home, I think that will provide a mountain of momentum going into SEC play. It may give us the boost we need to overcome the mental game against Florida. This year, I'm looking at turning those "moral victories" from last year into real victories.

^^One of my least favorite plays in CFB is on an offsides like that. Sure, it looks cool that your OL is in sync. But, it's a free play. Maybe, just maybe, if you continue to block for your QB, you can make something happen down field. Otherwise, you're just asking for someone to get hurt.

I'm convinced this was a trick play. Everyone went on the snap except the O-line. UF was killing our line so the hope was this would confuse them, think there was an offsides, and buy Peterman some time. If you think this was to draw them offsides watch someone like Peyton run this. If there is a rush and his o-line isn't moving he grounds the ball.

I'm convinced this was a trick play. Everyone went on the snap except the O-line. UF was killing our line so the hope was this would confuse them, think there was an offsides, and buy Peterman some time. If you think this was to draw them offsides watch someone like Peyton run this. If there is a rush and his o-line isn't moving he grounds the ball.

No, it wasn't to draw them offsides. Just every time the opposing defense jumps offsides, the OL stays put. I guess it's to show unison and to help the officials make the call, as if it isn't cut and dry. Some other teams do it too. I just don't like it. You should get the call if they jumped, and it's a free play either way. So, just execute the offense.

This game is huge bc we still haven't seen Butch's offensive scheme work at this level. There is a chance that what worked at CMU & Cinnci won't work in the SEC. The plays we run seem to require superior speed and skills to work. You can't depend on a WR making a corner or safety miss for a screen pass to work in the SEC. I hope it works this year, but if it doesn't, there are going to be some big changes or 2016's seat will get very hot for Butch

We are going to beat Florida. It is TIME . And they just aren't as good as they used to be. They aren't playing for Spurrier, Or Urban Meyer for that matter. We SHOULD have beaten them last year.

Yeah, but what's sad is that literally none of the receivers were open.... it was top 5 ugliest plays in UT history I think.

Reactions: 2 people
I will have to admit that it is the most important game that UT will be playing on Sept 26th..

On a serious note, we trounce UF this year.. their OL is horrible, and will not have enough time to get it together before we play them.

Oh, that OL definitely gets together.

block.jpg

they don't do the stupid stuff like this when they play us unfortunately.

Heck yeah, we do.

Don't remember the shotgun snap that hit the quarterback in the face and resulted in a fumble.

Florida's performances in 2013 and 2014 were loaded with epic fail.

The epic fail is just easier to forget when you win.

I will continue to count Florida as a loss until we finally win.

Their defense is still going to be very good. Dobb's consistency as a passer is still up for question and Florida has a fantastic secondary. He's also not going to be able to run around a lot.

Florida has proven more than once that they don't need an offense to beat us.

Heck yeah, we do.

Don't remember the shotgun snap that hit the quarterback in the face and resulted in a fumble.

Florida's performances in 2013 and 2014 were loaded with epic fail.

The epic fail is just easier to forget when you win.

no. i just remember disappointment.:cray:

no. i just remember disappointment.:cray:

Sigh...

Last year was a real kick to the gut. That was when I thought, "Wow, we're really never going to beat Florida again, are we?" Leaving Neyland was the most deflated I've ever been.

We have to win one of these years or I fear I'm liable to go completely stark raving mad.

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't realize we will be Florida's home opener. That makes me a little more nervous about this game for some reason. It's absolutely imperative that we beat Florida.

This fan base can't deal with another devasating loss to them like last year. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

BEAT. FLORIDA.

I didn't realize we will be Florida's home opener. That makes me a little more nervous about this game for some reason. It's absolutely imperative that we beat Florida.

This fan base can't deal with another devasating loss to them like last year. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

BEAT. FLORIDA.

The home opener is an interesting dynamic. We need UF to have a poor performance against UK (a loss to UK would be perfect but even a close sloppy win might do it) to kill the fan momentum and excitement.

EDIT:

We are not UF's home opener in 2015.

2015 Florida Gators Football Schedule | UF

I agree. Last year's loss at home against a Florida team that bad, was the lowest point in a long time for this program.

I agree....and that says a lot since we've pretty much had nothing but low points the last 7 seasons.

VN Store

Back