Florida eyes TN game as most important

Last year Florida had a much better defense than the Vol's and they also had a much better Oline, Florida tried to give the game to the Vol's, but the Vol's were having nothing to do with it?

Vol's with an apostrophe makes it sound possessive.

The Florida game has always been our measuring stick. That game set the stage for a run at the SEC championship game.

Reactions: 1 person
No, I'll be around.

This may be twisting the knife, but i had a "congratulations" post all typed up and ready to go last year.

Many of the topics here are relevant despite the outcome of the game.

I always wanted to prove that i would say postive things about Tennessee when the opportunity presented itself, but i havent been given much to work with.

Tennessee should win this year. But, i thought that last year.

Its a game I woukd not bet on because of the streak and it's at Florida

If the game was in Knoxville, it would be easier to pick Tennessee without hesitation.

Definitely a "show me" year for Butch and Tennessee. The honeymoon is over.

No excuses

Absolutely

Everybody keeps forgetting.... Debord has the Gator's number.....We will have a very explosive offense this year....

Florida article identifies the TN game as one of the three most important games of the season for Florida.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-most-important-games-of-2015/

They point out that not only will the game help UF if they are able to win, but it will hurt UT's effort to build momentum for the Vol program.

I believe this game is the most important for TN in 2015. TN must end this embarrassing streak and next year is the year. UF will likely not be in a more vulnerable position with a first year HC than it will be next year. A loss could derail the season for TN. But a win would make Neyland crazy for this huge October games.

agree. most important. will set the tone for the rest of the season. Very winnable game and will have a huge impact mentally if a loss.

I don't see McElwain making much of a difference on this year's bunch. Hey may bring the Gators back to the top of the SEC in a few more years but I think he'd need a couple good recruiting cycles to do that much like we hope Butch has done with Tennessee.

I hate to say it, Florida is not the usual Florida but they still have talent.

We need to forget about the streak and just go after them.

They will be confident, and we can't give them anymore than they already have or they will win.

We are the deeper more complete team, and should win.... IF WE RUN THE BALL

Last year Florida had a much better defense than the Vol's and they also had a much better Oline, Florida tried to give the game to the Vol's, but the Vol's were having nothing to do with it?

Who are the Vol's?

If we win this game, their fan base will blame the new coach aND not acknowledge that we were primed for a good season regardless, but oh well

We could go 11-1, with a loss to Florida, and some idiots on here would be questioning Butch.

This is your usual Tn. vs. UF game. We will lose again!

Remember when we celebrated our win against Florida in 1998? #1 It was a home game for us. #2 We created about 5 turn overs #3 We won because Florida gave the game to us on a missed field goal.

Think of this! This was our best team in 50 years, but we had to go in to overtime, at home, with 5 turn overs created and still the only reason we won was due to a mistake by florida by them missing a field goal.

Had they not missed the field goal, we likely would have lost the game.

If we struggle to win in that perfect situation for us, then we will continue to lose to them.

This is your usual Tn. vs. UF game. We will lose again!

Remember when we celebrated our win against Florida in 1998? #1 It was a home game for us. #2 We created about 5 turn overs #3 We won because Florida gave the game to us on a missed field goal.

Think of this! This was our best team in 50 years, but we had to go in to overtime, at home, with 5 turn overs created and still the only reason we won was due to a mistake by florida by them missing a field goal.

Had they not missed the field goal, we likely would have lost the game.

If we struggle to win in that perfect situation for us, then we will continue to lose to them.

It's sad that some of you have adopted such a defeatist attitude. The past is the past.

Rant Sports predicts that TN ends the streak this season:

Tennessee Football Will Finally Beat Florida in 2015 - RantSports

Florida has simply had a terrible offseason thus far, beginning with their offensive line issues. Basically, with numerous injuries and surprise NFL Draft inductees, Florida is going into the 2015 having no lineman with any collegiate experience. Given that this conference is the SEC, this situation is not something that first-year coach Jim McElwain wanted or anticipated. Given Tennessee’s somewhat poor defense, this is the perfect opportunity for them to take serious action.

Come again? Did this guy really just say that FLs brand new O-line has the "perfect opportunity to take serious action" against our "somewhat poor defense" or did I read that wrong?

Even assuming the incoming stud freshmen don't break the starting lineup, Barnett and co warrant more respect. I certainly wouldn't classify them as a unit that an unexperienced group of offensive linemen should be thrilled to face.

And losing to FL again is absolutely unacceptable. I'm so sick of the season going from exciting to depressing after blowing another game to the gators.

Reactions: 2 people
Cause if we lose to them, the East is open unless Georgia dominates. I really want a Florida win this year. We have to get it. It's going to be a key win. I'm tired of losing to them and their obnoxious fans. Plus, the last two years should have been ours.

Cause if we lose to them, the East is open unless Georgia dominates. I really want a Florida win this year. We have to get it. It's going to be a key win. I'm tired of losing to them and their obnoxious fans. Plus, the last two years should have been ours.

Last year should have been ours. The year before, 2013 in the swamp.. We can't claim crap for that one. That was the UGLIEST (both teams) game I've ever witnessed.

Read this paragraph from the game description, and as you are reading it, it will become apparent the difference in team 119 and what was fielded in 2013. I wouldn't want to go back into the swamp with the two QB's we had that day.

"The Vols were also playing a new quarterback, but Butch Jones started Nathan Peterman over Justin Worley by choice. That decision backfired big time for the Vols, as they only amassed five passing yards in the first half while Peterman turned the ball over four times. Worley finally replaced him, but by then it was too late. The Vols finished with six turnovers and only 220 yards of total offense. Their defense was stuck on the field for nearly 40 minutes. That's not a recipe for success."

Last edited:
Last year should have been ours. The year before, 2013 in the swamp.. We can't claim crap for that one. That was the UGLIEST (both teams) game I've ever witnessed.

Read this paragraph from the game description, and as you are reading it, it will become apparent the difference in team 119 and what was fielded in 2013. I wouldn't want to go back into the swamp with the two QB's we had that day.

"The Vols were also playing a new quarterback, but Butch Jones started Nathan Peterman over Justin Worley by choice. That decision backfired big time for the Vols, as they only amassed five passing yards in the first half while Peterman turned the ball over four times. Worley finally replaced him, but by then it was too late. The Vols finished with six turnovers and only 220 yards of total offense. Their defense was stuck on the field for nearly 40 minutes. That's not a recipe for success."

I know the outcome, I watched that horrendous game. That's what I'm saying we should of had them. Starting Peterman was the mistake. We had field advantage in that first half but only the worst plays ever seen in college football followed.

I know the outcome, I watched that horrendous game. That's what I'm saying we should of had them. Starting Peterman was the mistake. We had field advantage in that first half but only the worst plays ever seen in college football followed.

Dobbs/Dormady now. If I was playing backyard ball and picking up teams, I'd go with these two over Peterman/Worley. That's why I think there will be orange sunshine flowing down into the swamp.

It was a true atrocity to say the least. Does anybody have a gif of that huge shot Peterman took from Fowler? It was a similar script last year. Great field position every single possession, only to turn it right back over or settle for a punt or the occasional field goal.

Bingo.... this play didn't turn out so well.
2013-09-2113_48_18.gif

VN Store

Back