'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Like an ARTICLE they posted...or an official ranking? If it’s only one service, I wouldn’t consider it official. Those eggheads should only get one shot of pretending they have authority on kids talent. If they GUESSED wrong the first time? Maybe they should call it a day.
No they reranked tons of transfers last year. Thought this was pretty well known. We've been talking about it recently in the rf with UF's touted "5 star transfers".

No they reranked tons of transfers last year. Thought this was pretty well known. We've been talking about it recently in the rf with UF's touted "5 star transfers".
I don’t think it’s an official ranking. Gibbs last ranking is as a 4 star. Doubt the eggheads had enough access at UGA to properly evaluate him...not that they ever did.

And link please. “Tons” and “we’ve been talking about them” is pretty vague.

Reactions: WTNVol2
Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that the first return of his career? Talk about no place to go but down...
If it wasn’t, it was pretty early on. Some of his flubs indicate one can overthink the job. Maybe trying not to make a mistake increases the likelihood.

Reactions: FïreBall
Don’t short change our man..👀😂🤷🏽‍♂️ Watch the following catch...flags not being throw at Alabama for pass interference ain’t gonna matter🏈🖐🏽🔥 that boy got them stickies👀

@de1conley ”momma there goes that man”🔥👀

That is incredible. Bro snagged two passes in a row one handed over the same DB. That is consistency.

That is incredible. Bro snagged two passes in a row one handed over the same DB. That is consistency.
Different DB the second time, but no less impressive. That first DB was every bit of 6-3. Two very impressive catches, the second fighting thru some significant hand-grabbing.

I don’t think it’s an official ranking. Gibbs last ranking is as a 4 star. Doubt the eggheads had enough access at UGA to properly evaluate him...not that they ever did.

And link please. “Tons” and “we’ve been talking about them” is pretty vague.

You can view teams' 2019 signing classes on 247 Sports, no subscription required, and transfers are included at the bottom of the list of signees for each team. Next to the higher profile transfer player names, 247 Sports provides both the high school rating (# of stars and a decimal score) and the transfer rating. Example: the Vols 2019 signing class listed on 247 Sports includes Aubrey Solomon, Gibbs, Kasim Hill, and Braden Collins. For Solomon, Gibbs, and Hill, a transfer rating is shown along with their high school rating.

I don't subscribe to 247 Sports, and if they posted an article or have a link on their website where you can view all the transfer players ratings in one place, I haven't seen it. Also, haven't seen any 2020 transfer ratings yet for Cade Mays, Velus Jones, etc. Presumably, the Poindexters at 247 are working on this.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: StoVol
You can view teams' 2019 signing classes on 247 Sports, no subscription required, and transfers are included at the bottom of the list of signees for each team. Next to the higher profile transfer player names, 247 Sports provides both the high school rating (# of stars and a decimal score) and the transfer rating. Example: the Vols 2019 signing class listed on 247 Sports includes Aubrey Solomon, Gibbs, Kasim Hill, and Braden Collins. For Solomon, Gibbs, and Hill, a transfer rating is shown along with their high school rating.

I don't subscribe to 247 Sports, and if they posted an article or have a link on their website where you can view all the transfer players ratings in one place, I haven't seen it. Also, haven't seen any 2020 transfer ratings yet for Cade Mays, Velus Jones, etc. Presumably, the Poindexters at 247 are working on this.

Hope this helps.
It didn’t. Eggheads with mixed results evaluating HIGH SCHOOL players in a controlled setting now want to sell that they can get it right when players are on a college roster with different dynamics. It’s not an official change to their final rankings as HIGH SCHOOL players...just isn’t. Transfer rating is a sham. Rivals and ESPN come off less goofy bu restraint

Bump, just because I don't want the next great UT WR on the 2nd page. Freshman All-American with 10+ TDs, next year. I know crazy talk, but after Wideman catches his first fade route TD on a 50/50 jump ball situation, I expect it will be UTs go to play, in the red (orange) zone. Well, maybe the 2nd option, if our OL is as dominant as I think they could be, after running the ball down the defense's throat

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Bump, just because I don't want the next great UT WR on the 2nd page. Freshman All-American with 10+ TDs, next year. I know crazy talk, but after Wideman catches his first fade route TD on a 50/50 jump ball situation, I expect it will be UTs go to play, in the red (orange) zone. Well, maybe the 2nd option, if our OL is as dominant as I think they could be, after running the ball down the defense's throat
Agreed. I'd like to see him refine his route running as well so he can be a threat for the length of the whole field. I'm very excited about him in conjunction with the smaller speedier guys.

Reactions: The Dog

I don’t see that many TDs year one because of numbers. Palmer/Gibbs/BJ/Keyton/jones will probably be maim rotation to start yr. also competing with this sick recruiting class at position. I could see 4-6 Tds as possibility.

I think the breakout guy is Keyton. I think he could have a really big yr.

Reactions: The Dog and Devo182
I don’t see that many TDs year one because of numbers. Palmer/Gibbs/BJ/Keyton/jones will probably be maim rotation to start yr. also competing with this sick recruiting class at position. I could see 4-6 Tds as possibility.

I think Keyton will have a good year, but Wideman , at 6-6 and being a high jumper, may be the guy who get the TD receptions when in the orange zone.

So Wideman is going to have the same amount of TD catches his freshmen year as Jerry Jeudy had this year? I’ll take it.

Keyton looks like a Josh Malone clone. His running style and physical build are so similar. Not much of an intermediate guy, but a really good straight line deep target.

Keyton looks like a Josh Malone clone. His running style and physical build are so similar. Not much of an intermediate guy, but a really good straight line deep target.
Is he as fast as Malone? I mean there's a reason he was rated a 95, but Malone ran track in high school, if I remember correctly. I haven't seen a ton on Keyton's speed... just wondering out loud.

VN Store

Back