'20 FL WR Leonard Manuel

Can you post the article from 247?

Ocala Vanguard 2020 wide receiver Leonard Manuel was back at Miami for the second time in less than a week on Wednesday.

The Tennessee commit, who could grow into a tight end at the next level, was on campus to watch his younger brother participate in one of Mark Richt's youth football camps.

Things apparently went well.

"I love Miami," Manuel told InsideTheU. "It's a great place. I love just being around the coaches especially [wide receivers coach Ron Dugans]. He has been through a lot so it's just good to hear from someone like him and Coach Richt. I mean Coach Richt is the man. That's all I can really say about him."

"I think at the moment in my life if was a good choice. They got a good receivers coach over there in Kevin Beard. I have a great relationship him. I talk with him almost everyday. It felt good to commit when I did. I was talking to some of the other 2020 players and they were also talking about Tennessee and trying to build up the 2020 class. So I would say it's going good, but you never know what could happen."

"Miami is always going to be there," he quickly added. "They are second right now. I'm from Miami. I'm from the 305."

"The day Miami started recruiting me I told [Jon Richt] and [tight ends coach Todd Hartley] that any position they need me to play or want me to play is what I'm going to do. I'm here to play for them."

He'll return to Miami next month for a camp. It sounds like it will be a fight until he signs, but that's the case for most top prospects.

Reactions: 1 person
You're so happy right now lol

I do agree with Newt. It's different if the kid is in our back yard and has been a Vol fan his whole life or grew up around the program(Cade Mays) but for a kid to be from South Fl, that's a stretch to believe we can hold on. If we do great, but it ends up looking bad on us if he decomits. It will be all over all the recruiting websites front page, and these recruits check those pages.

Got a kick out the "at that moment in time" comment... Bruh that was last week

2020 is !two classes away so nothing to even worry about

Reactions: 4 people
From IMG National 7v7: Leonard Manuel

Let me say this about Manuel — I was VERY impressed.

He was one of the top WRs I saw all weekend and there were over 30 teams from all over in this tournament. He does not look and he does not play like a 2020 prospect.

He became the go-to guy for his team, Pro Impact. I will post a full update on him later this week when I get back and have time to catch up, but he was impressive.

Manuel made a great adjustment to catch this ball. He was running a crossing route from right to left, so he stopped, leaned back to his right and brought this ball in.

-Chad Simmons

xrcqmil4xtt8sloeurtf

ocala vanguard 2020 top100 wide receiver leonard manuel informed insidetheu early tuesday that he has backed off a verbal pledge to the hurricanes.

Manuel, who is ranked by 247sports as the nation's no. 13 overall prospect in the class of 2020, was at georgia last week for an unofficial visit. He has also taken recent trips to florida, usc, ucla and florida state.

The decommitment marks manuel's second of the process as he was also at one time previously committed to tennessee.

With manuel no longer committed to um, the hurricanes still hold the nation's no. 1 ranked 2020 class on the 247sports composite as mark richt and his assistant coaches have done a nice job of landing early pledges from guys like naples top100 tight end dominic mammarelli, miami central top100 cornerback henry gray and deland top100 safety avantae williams. All three were at hard rock stadium this past weekend for the program's annual spring game.

Also still shows UT commit in his thread title...so there's that. Maybe we are just having a hard time letting go of the past. 🤪

If you click "Report" on the OP and request the staff to make a change, they're typically pretty fast at making it. I requested it be removed from this thread but I think the staff is tired of me asking because they ignored me.

All Jake and the other mods see is...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 276
a) that's funny
b) i'm not a mod
c) i've never ignored anybody, sometimes against my better judgement, but still, never dun it.

VN Store

Back