‘23 FL WR Aidan Mizell (Florida commit)

I thought the same thing.

I would still like an explanation for how Napier is an absolute boob as a gameday coach. We should all have extensive knowledge of this considering our laser-like focus on the Louisiana Ragin' Cajun football program over the last several years.

I’ve heard that criticism of Napier also, so it’s out there. I haven’t seen specific examples, like Kirby calling for a fake punt in the SECCG a few years ago, or Butch Jones not going for two against us in 2015, or Les Miles back when he was at Oklahoma State. But yeah, that knock on Napier has been out there since UF hired him.

I thought the same thing.

I would still like an explanation for how Napier is an absolute boob as a gameday coach. We should all have extensive knowledge of this considering our laser-like focus on the Louisiana Ragin' Cajun football program over the last several years.

Just look at Napier's game against App State in 2020. I recall watching that game and it was quite entertaining and hilarious to watch.

Reactions: Clevegasvol
I’ve heard that criticism of Napier also, so it’s out there. I haven’t seen specific examples, like Kirby calling for a fake punt in the SECCG a few years ago, or Butch Jones not going for two against us in 2015, or Les Miles back when he was at Oklahoma State. But yeah, that knock on Napier has been out there since UF hired him.
I never understood the "he's not a good game day coach" rhetoric, it just never made sense and still doesn't. The "Subelt Billy" stuff at least I get, but calling a dude that went 33-5 the past three seasons a "boob/poor in game coach" is just goofy.

Reactions: Volinnooga
I didn’t watch…what happened?

Really bad and embarrassing to watch. Long snapper for LL had 3 missed snaps. Napier elected to have his QB run out of the end zone on 4th down with minutes left.

Only won bc App state missed a chip shot FG to tie the game to force OT.

It was bad that Carolina fans were denouncing him as their potential new head coach at the time. Napier was blasted in the media and on twitter.

Really bad and embarrassing to watch. Long snapper for LL had 3 missed snaps. Napier elected to have his QB run out of the end zone on 4th down with minutes left.

Only won bc App state missed a chip shot FG to tie the game to force OT.

It was bad that Carolina fans were denouncing him as their potential new head coach at the time. Napier was blasted in the media and on twitter.

If one instance is all anyone can remember, I can live with that.

For all of Nick Saban's greatness, I still don't understand why he wasn't grilled over the "Kick 6". There was no chance the Alabama kicker was going to hit that FG. None. Not that you expect Auburn to return it for a TD, but nothing good was possible for Alabama on that play. I remember thinking before the kick, what if they block it and return it. It was just a dumb decision that no one ever holds his feet to the fire on.

If one instance is all anyone can remember, I can live with that.

For all of Nick Saban's greatness, I still don't understand why he wasn't grilled over the "Kick 6". There was no chance the Alabama kicker was going to hit that FG. None. Not that you expect Auburn to return it for a TD, but nothing good was possible for Alabama on that play. I remember thinking before the kick, what if they block it and return it. It was just a dumb decision that no one ever holds his feet to the fire on.

Really? You don’t understand why a 4x (at the time) National Championship coach didn’t catch more flack for that?

Not exactly comparable to a Sun Belt coach making stupid decisions.

Reactions: Jaxon_Vol2017
Really? You don’t understand why a 4x (at the time) National Championship coach didn’t catch more flack for that?

No, I don't. Of course, it's not like you go firing him or anything. But, he took absolutely no criticism for it. You'd think someone in the media would have commented on the fact that he did what human beings do every now and then. Even great ones. He screwed up.

Not exactly comparable to a Sun Belt coach making stupid decisions.

Look, I didn't follow Louisiana football. Neither did any of you. If there were times he screwed up. He should be called on it. If it happens, no, he doesn't have the resume that would shield him from the criticism he should take. All I was pointing out regarding the "Kick 6" is that Saban took none.

I remember Phil Fulmer calling a toss sweep on 4th and 3 against a speedy defense.

His legacy as a coach is secure in spite of that. 🧐

Last edited:
Reactions: Mccage
I remember Phil Fulmer calling for a toss sweep on 4th and 3 against a speedy defense.

His legacy as a coach is secure in spite of that. 🧐

iu

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
You do realize Napier is 40-12 as a head coach, right? The man was 33-5 over his last three years. I have heard of zero “in-game absolute boob” moments, but I’d love to hear your examples of this so I know what to watch out for.
Do you realize I’ve watched at least half of those games of him at Louisiana!!! It’s going to be comical to watch him in SEC!

. Dude he went 10-3, 11-2, 8-4 and won the East his first three seasons we would kill for that success and we haven’t seen a three year run like that since Fulmer. Haven’t sniffed 10 wins or went to the SEC title game since 2007.
You serious Clark? His 8-4 season was the only one that he won the East.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back