‘23 FL WR Aidan Mizell (Florida commit)

The shark thing wasn’t actually McElwain, they figured out who it was, but I can’t remember who it was. I think McElwain lied about death threats or something, and then there was an investigation. And he kept digging his hole deeper till they had to let him go. Really weird situation

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I was on board with Mullen, I didn’t know what to expect from McElwain.
Any chance you can take your discussion to the Florida board
Mullen got weird at UF. He was quirky at miss state but it was a several levels more at UF.

I don’t know what to expect from Napier.
Wouldn’t you feel/act weird if you’re wife was mouth kissing all your players?

The shark thing wasn’t actually McElwain, they figured out who it was, but I can’t remember who it was. I think McElwain lied about death threats or something, and then there was an investigation. And he kept digging his hole deeper till they had to let him go. Really weird situation
No it wasn't which is why embracing it would have been better. Say "it's not me but that's funny" leave it at that.

Reactions: UT_Tix79
This has been embarrassing. Georgia Southern had as many wins as we did over the last 10 years. The difference is we play them ever year.

3of those losses were to Pruitt and the coaching difference was night vs Day. Vols weren’t prepared at all & Fla punished JG. Even though the game LY got bad late, the game turned on Callaway’s drop on a easy catch of a 4th down. Decent chance Callaway scored there in the 3rd Qtr.

Reactions: BreatheUT
That's based on nothing. You HOPE he's Butch Jones, but I don't think he is though. I like Heupel a lot, so I think the games will be super fun and competitive along the way.TSIS deserves to be a marquee game again.
There’s zero proof Napier will be successful or unsuccessful imo at this point. I will simply say some of his actions make me doubt he’s ready for a job like Florida but he could definitely grow into the role and be successful if he’s good on the field. Florida could surprise a lot of ppl this year bc that team is way more talented than they played last year. I’m not sure why most of the team suddenly gave up on Mullen last year but idk if you can wash that malcontent element out of the locker room in a single season.

I think the Tennessee/Florida game will be a good indicator of which way both programs are going this season.

Napier has already proven many times he is an absolute boob on the field in-game. Don’t believe the PR spin with that guy. He will get chewed up fast!

Napier has already proven many times he is an absolute boob on the field in-game. Don’t believe the PR spin with that guy. He will get chewed up fast!
I imagine he's going to have growing pains. Then he's gonna have a decent season with a win or 2 he shouldn't have. Fans will get excited, then he's gonna poop the bed in yr3 and they'll start the whole thing over in yr 4. They're on the old Mike Hamilton waltz.

I'll play along here. Please recount these occasions where he proved many times over to be an absolute boob.

A lot of people making comments like Louisiana Ragin' Cajun football has been appointment television for them.

Ten days ago UF was #27 in recruiting and as of tonight they're #12.
Florida will always be loaded with talent. The state is loaded, regionally talent is there as well. No matter who has coached there they’ve historically always brought in big time talent. Tennessee has to out develop and out coach them bc out recruiting them will always be difficult given the disparity of in state talent between the two places.

Florida will always be loaded with talent. The state is loaded, regionally talent is there as well. No matter who has coached there they’ve historically always brought in big time talent. Tennessee has to out develop and out coach them bc out recruiting them will always be difficult given the disparity of in state talent between the two places.

That's true of the whole SEC.

You have to make sure you get yours, but Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Alabama, A&M, etc., are going to get theirs too

You do realize Napier is 40-12 as a head coach, right? The man was 33-5 over his last three years. I have heard of zero “in-game absolute boob” moments, but I’d love to hear your examples of this so I know what to watch out for.

I’m not criticizing Fla hiring Napier yet. Remember muschump was undefeated vs Tenn at Florida. And except for a 2nd half explosion, so would have the whalehumper.

The irony of this post is noted.

I thought the same thing.

I would still like an explanation for how Napier is an absolute boob as a gameday coach. We should all have extensive knowledge of this considering our laser-like focus on the Louisiana Ragin' Cajun football program over the last several years.

Napier was a good hire for Florida and would have been a good hire for anyone. If he fails he fails that’s just college football especially in the SEC. better coaches than him have failed and worse coaches than him have failed. Florida expects excellence and their last 2 coaches were fired shortly after SEC championship game appearances. I hate UF as much as anyone but you can’t call Napier a boob. Maybe he will suck at a big program and that will be great for us but I have a feeling he will be just fine at least for a the foreseeable future. SEC churns out good coaches all the time doesn’t mean their bad coaches some schools just want a fresh start.

VN Store

Back