'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

Heupel will have to win to recruit. Mullen wasn’t a recruiter and he still does fine at Florida. Tennessee recruits itself and will be a top 20 class.
Florida is only living through the transfer portal .... Without it they'd be pretty meh

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Fong Bomb to Tennessee with a confidence of 7
Tennessee is trending for a defensive lineman out of the Sunshine State and on Monday I joined the 247Sports Crystal Ball party.

After talking to a source with knowledge of the recruitment I've logged a source in favor of the Vols for Winter Park (Fla.) defensive end Venson Sneed. A decision isn't expected until May at the earliest but the Vols look to be in pole position.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Sneed is the nation's No. 39 strong-side defensive end per the 247Sports Composite. He's also high on Iowa State and USF.

Tennessee is looking for its first commitment in the 2022 class. Sneed is one of the guys high on the new staff in Knoxville.

My forecast joins 247Sports National Analyst Andrew Ivins and GoVols247 insider Ryan Callahan among others.
-Wiltfong

I know many times 3 stars and such do end up being solid players, but I think this class is going to be horrendous for us. It’s not really JH’s fault, it’s just the sad reality of the program right now

We gotta relax until we see the product put on the field... pre season hype and recruiting was all time high last season then the on field product was very mediocre n our class was no where near where it was... recruiting in pre season will be very mediocre but if we put an exciting product on the field the recruits will come... the current roster has more than enough talent to accomplish this...

Reactions: T Dog
I know many times 3 stars and such do end up being solid players, but I think this class is going to be horrendous for us. It’s not really JH’s fault, it’s just the sad reality of the program right now

Early victories for us may be getting guys to hold off till very close to early signing day before they commit anywhere. It is fair for every player out there to play wait and see how our schemes work in the SEC and how they will fit into those schemes. On top of that we probably need to get some kind of indication of how big the hammer will be the NCAA applies to our program. I do not expect very many early commits except for those with really Orange hearts or those having super relationships with our staff. I just hope we don't have to put up with a billion sky is falling posts till LOI's start rolling in. Big schollie hits scare me more than a kid worrying about playing 12 instead of 13 games with most of the destinations the lower tier bowls with the SEC tie ins. Maybe playing time will be a bigger factor and we should have that to offer.

He's not wrong.

The MO on Heupel is that he's not a recruiter. Combine that with Tennessee's current situation and I wouldn't be holding my breath about knocking 'em dead on the recruiting trail.
Here you go trying to stick us with your "truth " every chance you get.
Nobody asked you...

UCF was one of the top recruiting programs in their conference under Heupel.
So I don't really know what you're talking about.

This kid is definitely a take. I know the big FL schools haven't offered and he's a 3 star, but he has good size, and his offer list isn't terrible. Considering we are coming off a 3 win season and the NCAA stuff still out there, I believe it's a no brainer.
Yep, there’s going to be a lot of our recruits that have an meh offer list, many 2 and 3 stars, we got to hope some can make an impact and become sec type players.

Reactions: vols 30
Tennessee is the front-runner for Sneed and the Volunteers could be tough to catch in the recruitment of the three-star defensive end from Winter Park, Fla. From calls, FaceTime, Zoom, the communication between the two sides has been excellent and Sneed could be committing to the SEC program sometime in May.

- Rivals

VN Store

Back