'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

The first pick I logged this morning was for three-star defensive end Venson Sneed to Tennessee. Iowa State extended an offer to Sneed in mid-December and the Winter Park, Fla. native named Iowa State and Tennessee as his top choices right now. From Iowa State’s side of things, the staff hasn’t made Sneed a priority target and Eli Rasheed has been in touch about once a week. Additionally, Sneed hasn’t talked to Matt Campbell yet, which is notable. I feel comfortable logging a pick in Tennessee’s favor, as the indications have been that the Volunteers have made Sneed more of a priority target. With Sneed planning for a May decision, I’ve gone with a confidence score of six in favor of the Volunteers.
-Swain (Iowa State Writer)

I know many times 3 stars and such do end up being solid players, but I think this class is going to be horrendous for us. It’s not really JH’s fault, it’s just the sad reality of the program right now

Super stoked about potentially getting a commit from a kid the Florida schools don’t want, and that even Iowa state doesn’t prioritize.

Go Vols

Everyone has to understand this is where we are as a program now and for the next few years. We won't out talent teams like we used to be able to do at times. We will have to now out coach and out scheme them.

Looks like he may be a late bloomer.

Zero offers until Dec 2020 and has picked up 12 since then.

Kinda what we say about every low rated recruit. That, or under the radar/didn’t camp etc.

I mean, it is what it is. The state of Tennessee recruiting currently. We have a lot to prove. But it’s the lack of interest from the state schools that stands out to me. Eerily similar to Darrell Jackson last year. FL SDE with no in state offers (FIU doesn’t count).

We’ll see.

Kinda what we say about every low rated recruit. That, or under the radar/didn’t camp etc.

I mean, it is what it is. The state of Tennessee recruiting currently. We have a lot to prove. But it’s the lack of interest from the state schools that stands out to me. Eerily similar to Darrell Jackson last year. FL SDE with no in state offers (FIU doesn’t count).

We’ll see.
My hope is the difference in the covid years..... all players and teams are scrambling a little bit right now. Probably not but at least it gives me hope. LOL

I know many times 3 stars and such do end up being solid players, but I think this class is going to be horrendous for us. It’s not really JH’s fault, it’s just the sad reality of the program right now
I predict NCAA gives its sentence before August.

Tennessee has a top three recruiting budget.

We will find some four star athletes. We'll be fine.

Everyone has to understand this is where we are as a program now and for the next few years. We won't out talent teams like we used to be able to do at times. We will have to now out coach and out scheme them.

giphy.gif

I predict NCAA gives its sentence before August.

Tennessee has a top three recruiting budget.

We will find some four star athletes. We'll be fine.
Almost unheard of for them to move along that fast. We would conduct our own punishment on ourselves before the NCAA actually completes our investigation.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Old hole in the head is at it again. Some people just aren't happy unless they are trying to make other people unhappy.

He's not wrong.

The MO on Heupel is that he's not a recruiter. Combine that with Tennessee's current situation and I wouldn't be holding my breath about knocking 'em dead on the recruiting trail.

He's not wrong.

The MO on Heupel is that he's not a recruiter. Combine that with Tennessee's current situation and I wouldn't be holding my breath about knocking 'em dead on the recruiting trail.
Heupel will have to win to recruit. Mullen wasn’t a recruiter and he still does fine at Florida. Tennessee recruits itself and will be a top 20 class.

He's not wrong.

I don’t need your validation. Go find a Florida forum you can bore your fellow jort wearing mouth breathers with your takes.

Heupel will have to win to recruit. Mullen wasn’t a recruiter and he still does fine at Florida. Tennessee recruits itself and will be a top 20 class.

Whatever success we have this year in recruiting will come during the season, provided we show something the kids can get excited about on the field.

Literally no reason to commit to us now. We got no juice, got a cloud hanging over us, we’ve been the butt of jokes, and everyone and their mother is negatively recruiting us.

He's not wrong.

Compare his recruiting with that of coaches at the same schools. He did just fine. With the right assistants, he can do well here. It will help to get the investigation behind us though.

This kid is definitely a take. I know the big FL schools haven't offered and he's a 3 star, but he has good size, and his offer list isn't terrible. Considering we are coming off a 3 win season and the NCAA stuff still out there, I believe it's a no brainer.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back