‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

My gut says we land him, just will be tight. Think an established coaching staff and the excitement around our program with Nico being involved puts us over the hump. Think Miami takes off with Cistbal there but Miami is a rebuilding as well so…. Putting my Crystal Ball in for the Vols with a confidence of 70% lol

The only reason why my cup is on is the number of IMG players that Miami is in on. M'Pemba, Wayne and Williams are all realistic for them to get.

He's only been at IMG for a year (he has had 3 high schools in 3 years) so hopefully that helps. The family side is hopefully much more important than that.

We just gotta hope that Saturday we don’t start seeing any CBs start dropping for Miami or Simmons prediction flip or confidence. Everyone says Miami is a threat but that TN is in a good spot still.
Ughh yes

Don't wanna see a Tate repeat.

Won't feel good at all if we see all the Miami people start feeling super confident.

Feel better here than with Tate.
Me too. Just saying we will recognize when things start to go the other way...

Would suck waaaay more than Tate.

We shouldn't lose this. Got the last OV, the SEC is superior, we have a great NIL program, we don't have a billionaire throwing around money, but he'll be set, great offense, coaches that put guys in the NFL, 5 star QB who happens to have the same ethnic background and both of their families would be in the same situation and could potentially lean on each other in a new city. He and Nico are obviously good friends....we took him INNERTUBING

Like C'mon Francis, your home is on Rocky top

Can we agree that the football team needs to talk to the baseball regarding their Arm Sleeves? Baseball team had some cool arm sleeves our football ones suck.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
- Callahan

Would suck to lose this one.
ZealousThornyAstarte-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
- Callahan

Would suck to lose this one.
still feel positive.

does seem strange that Carnell visited 5 times, Mauigoa clearly loved it here and kids just find reasons to go elsewhere.

It really is too circumstantial for there not to be something out there, moreso than just W - L. IMO this one was all Tennessee.

Reactions: Newman
Yep, I’ve seen this show before. It’s never a good ending.
Kids come to Tennessee to assess their value and go back and tell their school this is what it is going to take to seal the deal. Plain and simple. Right after the Nico deal we started getting an influx of interest and it was for a reason.

Why? It is a free market now. We started it with Nico. So is the NCAA going to come after us too?

It's a free market, but there is a clear difference in collectives versus a single-booster meeting with players and paying them to attend a school. There is a reason Ruiz has been less vocal lately. He's had too much heat on him after bragging about paying Nigel Pack $800,000 on Twitter.

Reactions: tbwhhs and berryvol
Kids come to Tennessee to assess their value and go back and tell their school this is what it is going to take to seal the deal. Plain and simple. Right after the Nico deal we started getting an influx of interest and it was for a reason.
As AP said, everyone is flipping out over Tate and Kasper. That is it. An Arizona kid and a Chicago kid (who’s wanted to be at OSU since elementary school). Everyone needs to chill tf out

VN Store

Back