‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

From the Canes board (first quotes go back to yesterday morning, all the way through today, more recent quotes further down):

- (11:15 am update) Five-star offensive lineman Francis Mauigoa has a decision coming on July 4, which less than a week from the publication of this update. I'm told the Bradenton IMG Academy product, who officially visited alongside Jaden Rashada last week, has yet to give Miami an answer about what he's doing either way. As I've mentioned previously and what was relayed to InsideTheU again on Tuesday morning, Miami feels like they're at least in the top two here down the final stretch. Previously, USC was viewed as a primary threat but Tennessee may have made a move over the weekend. Miami is one school giving him plenty to think about and Rashada has put on his recruiting hat to get the elite lineman.

- I continue to hear really good things about where Miami stands with Bradenton IMG Academy five-star offensive lineman Francis Mauigoa with a July 4 commitment just around the corner. I wrote earlier on Tuesday that Miami believes they're in the top two and some more returns coming in on the nation’s top lineman over the course of the afternoon remains very strong.

In the middle of all of this, the same mod that posted the two posts above, also shared this:
- I fully expect Miami to be in this final group for Top247 EDGE Bai Jobe. Miami has some serious juice with Bai Jobe.

Then this happened:

Jobe news goes against everything I heard from all angles of things today. It is what it is I guess. Miami talked with Jobe and his coach earlier today and nothing indicated this was coming.

Just gives a little insight into his sources or how he chooses to share his info/confidence.

A lot of posters were also alluding to some gifs/posts that they thought were their mods hinting at Mauigoa being a silent to Miami. After a few pages the mod backed off it being Mauigoa, and started hinting at other prospects.

They are as certifiable as we are - conspiracies, ripping each other apart, everyone is going there one minute, nobody is going there the next, joy, pain, the usual.

From the Canes board (first quotes go back to yesterday morning, all the way through today, more recent quotes further down):

In the middle of all of this, the same mod that posted the two posts above, also shared this:

Then this happened:

Just gives a little insight into his sources or how he chooses to share his info/confidence.

A lot of posters were also alluding to some gifs/posts that they thought were their mods hinting at Mauigoa being a silent to Miami. After a few pages the mod backed off it being Mauigoa, and started hinting at other prospects.

They are as certifiable as we are - conspiracies, ripping each other apart, everyone is going there one minute, nobody is going there the next, joy, pain, the usual.
Top-notch research

So our lunatics read posts from their lunatics, come back here and post, riling up still more lunatics? Cool.

So our lunatics read posts from their lunatics, come back here and post, riling up still more lunatics? Cool.
RUvVG3j1drQi.gif

Miami Mod:

A decision is coming shortly for the nation’s top-ranked offensive tackle and there is some confidence coming out of Coral Gables that Mauigoa could be throwing up The U when it’s time to go public on July 4. Relationships between Miami and the Mauigoa’s dates back years and Alex Mirabal, Mario Cristobal, Joe Salave’a, and Cody Woodiel were big parts of landing and developing Penei Sewell. That matters. Tennessee and USC are two others firmly in the mix, but there is reason to believe that Miami is in real contention to land a commitment next week.
Kinda feeling really good about Mauigoa. I don’t want to sound the alarms yet but even into today there is some very real and serious confidence coming out of Coral Gables.

247 mod on Miami, Tennessee, Bama and USC boards:
Miami is on the short list among that final five and family hopes to make a decision in the next 24 hours.
Still no final decision here but was told Tennessee was his favorite official visit. Family is hoping to lock in decision in the next 24 hours.
Francis is still sorting out his decision and the hope is to have it nailed down in the next 24 hours.
USC did a great job with him and he loved his official visit. Still no final decision yet, family is hoping to lock it in, in next 24 hours.

Florida mod:
Francis Mauigoa - Decides July 4. I'd watch Tenn the most there

Last edited:

Then this happened:

No way. We are the undisputed champs in this arena. Challengers to our title will be disabused.

Reactions: BigSteve09
"That was my first time visiting Alabama but I really liked it a lot,” Mauigoa said following his trip. “Of all the schools in my final six, Alabama was the one school I had never visited before but that’s because I wanted to make sure my parents were there for it and they really loved it there too.

“Going in to the visit, I had high expectations but the visit really changed my point of view on my recruitment. When you think of Alabama football, you know they’re talented and the thought process going in was you have to wait your turn. That’s not what they want, they want me coming in and being ready to compete and that’s exciting.”

"That visit was crazy,"Mauigoa told Blake Alderman from Swamp247 following the trip. "It was one of my favorite official visits. I keep on coming back here, you start to feel like more of a relationship.

"I'm starting to feel that bond and now I am comfortable with them. I think that is one of the biggest things in recruiting. I just felt the hospitality, I felt the love, and the family bond through the coaches to the players. I went to talk to the players today with my boy Kamari [Wilson] and Kingsley [Eguakun] and I asked them about the coaches and they said nothing but good things.

“I’ve been to USC three times now and every visit is better than the previous one,” Mauigoa said. “The trip was incredible and it gave me a great opportunity to build better relationships with the staff and the players.

“They did a really good job with all their presentations and went really in-depth with everything. They covered it all, from football, how to pick a major, opportunities after football and what you can do even after you’re done playing in the NFL.”

“I’m very close with the Miami staff because I was close with them when they were at Oregon,"Mauigoa said. "I developed a great relationship with coach Cristobal and coach Mirabal (OL coach). I talk to them all the time but it’s not just them, I feel someone from the staff reaches out to me every day.

"Coach Cristobal is a former OL coach and I like that. Having a strong offensive line has always been important to him and it’s something that he emphasizes. Plus I got my guy Jaleel Skinner over there too and I always have a good time on the Miami campus and feel at home.”

Tennessee received the final official visit this past weekend.

“After the visit, (Saturday) night we (parents) had a little meeting,” Mauigoa told Ryan Callahan GoVols247.com. “We talked about how the visit went, how it compared to other visits. I think this is one of their favorite visits that we’ve taken.

“With Nico’s (Iamaleava) grandfather here, my dad had someone to talk to a lot in Samoan, because my dad doesn’t speak English — not very well, but he tries his best. Having him accompanied by someone old, but someone that has the experience and knows where his grandchildren are heading to, that kind of gave him an idea of how Tennessee is and stuff like that.”

“I want to commit in July,” Mauigoa said. “I wanted to lock it in early since I’m an early grad and also so I can just focus on my senior year of football and school and not have to worry about recruiting."

tumblr_n2fzbozx9u1scp23ko1_400.gifv

Well, maybe we'll finally win one of these last minute momentum change situations for once. We're due a W. Here's a selling point. In Knoxville, unlike Miami, you don't need bars on your windows even if you live in a non-gated community. That's a plus. Less murdery is always nice.

VN Store

Back