FL LB DeMario Tolan (LSU commit)

Says a lot about Kelly.

Uhhhhhhh I just guessing but I'm sure he went there before Kelly was hired. Probably trying ro secure a job without being patient and waiting on the situation to resolve. Surely he'd have been retained by Brian Kelly

Uhhhhhhh I just guessing but I'm sure he went there before Kelly was hired. Probably trying ro secure a job without being patient and waiting on the situation to resolve. Surely he'd have been retained by Brian Kelly

Kelly was hired 11/29. The Joseph move wasn't announced until 12/3. If he wanted to stay at LSU, he had plenty of time to make that happen. As you said, I can't imagine that Kelly wouldn't have retained him if he'd wanted to stay. Looks like Joseph decided he'd rather jump on a sinking ship at Nebraska than coach under Kelly.

As you said, it seems stupid to go into a one-year situation just because it's your alma. Then again, I thought Frost was stupid to take that job, which he only did because it's his alma. His is a warm weather system that requires the type of athletes you get in the South and on the West Coast. He'd scare me at a place like Florida. Nebraska needs to get back to brute strength option-oriented steroid football.

Kelly was hired 11/29. The Joseph move wasn't announced until 12/3. If he wanted to stay at LSU, he had plenty of time to make that happen. As you said, I can't imagine that Kelly wouldn't have retained him if he'd wanted to stay. Looks like Joseph decided he'd rather jump on a sinking ship at Nebraska than coach under Kelly.

As you said, it seems stupid to go into a one-year situation just because it's your alma. Then again, I thought Frost was stupid to take that job, which he only did because it's his alma. His is a warm weather system that requires the type of athletes you get in the South and on the West Coast. He'd scare me at a place like Florida. Nebraska needs to get back to brute strength option-oriented steroid football.

Joseph was already done well before they announced it and before Kelly was hired. I assume Whipple hire was also done at the time behind scenes making Joseph more willing to make that move. Still a heck of a risk

Reactions: NighthawkVol
That first nugget from AP will tell the tale…holding out hope For a “I still like where TN is coming out of the visit” post.

Or Hubbs..
“He hasn’t signed with Tennessee. I’m not saying he will, but I’m not saying he won’t”. It’ll be interesting to see how this one plays out”.

Recruiting offensive players is always going to be easy in Heupel’s system. His challenge is proving to be recruiting defensive players. It’s no easy task to play D when the offense moves the ball the way, and with the speed, his offenses do.

Reactions: AstonRoyal
Faulk was let go.
Right, Faulk was all-LSU, too. They let him go and the S&C guy that had been there 20 yrs, and special teams guy. DB coach and WR coaches left, maybe on their own initiative -- who knows? Meanwhile ... how long since Kelly was named? Still aint got no DC nor OC? OK. Three days until Dec 15 signing date.

Reactions: volsfan_17

VN Store

Back