FL LB DeMario Tolan (LSU commit)

He’s hired Frank Wilson(that’s a big time hire)and Brian Polian. Plus there’s a good chance that he keeps a few assistants form This years LSU staff

He'll definitely kp the Db coach Webster, Rb coach Faulk, and Wr coach Joseph. Those guys own recruiting in Louisiana along with Frank Wilson.

Tolan said he’s “not really sure who is stopping by right now” to visit with him this week for the final time before Early Signing Day. But he received another visit Monday from Tennessee linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary, who also traveled to the Orlando area to see Tolan last week.

“It’s always good vibes with Coach BJ because he’s familiar with the area and knows people that I know, so that’s always a good thing because we always are able to talk about everything — not just a certain topic about football or anything,” Tolan said.

He said his conversation with Jean-Mary on Monday was mostly “about football and that final decision.” Tennessee has continued to make Tolan a priority since his latest trip to Knoxville on Nov. 13 for the Vols’ home game against Georgia, and Jean-Mary again stressed to Tolan on Monday that he’s wanted in Knoxville.

“He wants to know before signing day where I could end up, and that’s really all his message is,” Tolan said.

First-year Tennessee head coach Josh Heupel’s staff, led by Jean-Mary, has told Tolan that “I could be a leading role in that defense and help that defense move to the next level, and help them get to a national championship.” Tolan plans to arrive at the school of his choice in January as an early enrollee.

“They really have me in the middle — either Mike or Will (linebacker),” he said of his possible role with the Vols. “It’s really the same with most schools.”

Tennessee also hosted him on his first official visit in early June before he ultimately chose LSU over Miami in early July. But he said the Vols are more of a contender for him this time around.

“I feel that way,” Tolan said. “I feel that they’re highly up there, as well.”
-Callahan

rckytop: Seems unlikely for some reason, but stranger things have happened. Come on down!

Callahan: Would not say it’s unlikely at all. Tennessee has put itself in a pretty good position going into this weekend. Tolan tends to be impressed by most visits he takes, though, and he hasn’t been back to LSU in a while, so this weekend is pretty big. But right now I think the Vols have a real shot.
I think it comes down to Tennessee and LSU in the end.

Gotta hope Kelly screws it up and he’s ours

Kelly picking up Tolan from the airport..

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back