'20 FL DE Morven Joseph (UT SIGNEE)

Norvell is not a great recruiter until he proves it. James Franklin was a great recruiter for Vandy and, well... it's Vandy. Dis Memphis all you want—they beat us today.

With Norvell FSU will not look like the same team that played this year. It's Norvell's time to shine and Clemson finally gets some competition. Head coach is made by his coaching staff. Question is who will be the coaches on his staff? A lot of Norvell's assistant coaches have went on to P5 schools so that speaks well of those he surrounded himself with. Hope the guy kills it at FSU and knock Clemson off it's high horse

It is very frustrating to see where Fl is in comparison to us. I get ga, they're ridiculous, but fl being that far ahead of us is frustrating. They do have the advantage of in state recruiting though, as does ATM. We'll finish ahead of everyone else in the east though, but there will be a significant gap between us bama, GA and Fl in this class though. We have to coach better and overachieve before we can recruit on that level.

Nice assessment. I agree. It will take a few years of overachieving to solidify our recruiting. Slow and steady wins the race.

We have talent coming in.... Pruitt recruits like he was at the combine.... he recruits based off measurables and temperament.... he turns them into football players..... we will be fine.

Pruitt’s approach is definitely encouraging but it’s no coincidence that the best performing freshmen this season were also some of the highest rated in recruiting.

We aren’t gaining ground on the SEC with our current recruiting, that is no exaggeration
Yes/No
we definitely made ground to beat 75% of the other SEC teams. Made no ground in beating the elite teams. Anyone that thought we were going to go from the worst of the SEC to elite recruiting is not very in touch. Win 9-10 games next year and continue to see a rise in recruiting. this isn’t difficult to understand.

I don't understand the point of berating fellow Vol fans. Granted there are some that welcome it by pretending to be insiders.
You almost got that edit done before I quoted it...lol
The problem is that one does not know which posters are Tennessee fans and which are trolls. There are 10-12 so-called Tennessee fans who simply not Tennessee fans. They are fans of their own EGOs.

Yes/No
we definitely made ground to beat 75% of the other SEC teams. Made no ground in beating the elite teams. Anyone that thought we were going to go from the worst of the SEC to elite recruiting is not very in touch. Win 9-10 games next year and continue to see a rise in recruiting. this isn’t difficult to understand.
I think the biggest change this year is we are getting more good Tennessee players, especally in West Tennessee than we have in a number of years. I think we need to better recruit East Tennessee than we have in the past few years, but that is hampered by the negative media in this area and the trolls on this board who seem to be increasingly aggressive as we become more competitive.

Yes/No

Baffles me daily. Occasional outlier like Hardy but by in large, we're losing out to the biggest teams in the nation.

"We finally made a bowl game 1 time, I don't understand how we're not gaining on Ga and Bama".
Well, I don't understand how they don't understand 🤷‍♂️

Pruitt’s approach is definitely encouraging but it’s no coincidence that the best performing freshmen this season were also some of the highest rated in recruiting.

Those guys are definitely typically more ready to play at first... Hopefully we get to the point where they aren’t needed right when they step on campus. We did also have some 3 stars that played significant roles for us as well.... Burrell, Middleton, and Maurer. We will be fine.... we need to keep growing and build a very strong team with depth and 4-5 stars will start lining up to come here. It is a process.

Yes/No
Can’t pay our coaches BEFORE that, tho! Message Board AD 101.

Baffles me daily. Occasional outlier like Hardy but by in large, we're losing out to the biggest teams in the nation.

"We finally made a bowl game 1 time, I don't understand how we're not gaining on Ga and Bama".

Yes!

The late 80's early 90's teams were built on two things, great OLines and great backs. A couple of QBs that panned out and poof................you have the mid 90's to early 00's recruiting bonanza. and a decade of great teams.

Today.....OLine looks pretty darn good...... Got a couple of good looking backs......QB's that have a high ceiling.....

The past often dictates the future.:cool:

I understand what you're saying because I don't understand either. My favorite is the "we have got to...." as if saying that means it will happen faster.

VN Store

Back