First Tennessee football game you attended

My home newspaper and a great one. Went to B’ham that day an Alabama fan but left Orange to the core, much to my father’s surprise and delight. Huntsville was a wonderful city to grow up in but from then on my heart has been in East Tennessee.
it was a great newspaper..... i was a basketball junkie and leftit for durham to cover acc basketball

1983 UT-Vandy. Reggie White had like 7 sacks and Tennessee destroyed Vandy! Have been to at least 1 game every year since 1985 with the exception of 3 seasons with 1 being last year because of covid. GBO!

Reactions: ArdentVol
I'm 65 and been a fan since Dewey Warren and never been to Neyland to watch a game. It's on my bucket list. I guess I had better hurry up or my first might be my last lol.

You need to. One of the best things I’ve ever done was take my mom, a long time Tennessee fan, to a game in her early 70s when she could still get around well. I think it was the ‘99 South Carolina game. It was a beautiful day. We took in all the festivities, watched the POTS salute the Hill (I think she liked the POTS better than the football team lol), and watched the Vols kick some chicken. Now that she’s no longer with us it’s one of many memories that I cherish (I had a great mom).

1997 SEC championship. I was 11 and had played pee wee football in Atlanta since I was 6 so it was my first opportunity close to home when I wasn’t playing on Saturday. What a way to start

1984 Tennessee vs Alabama... I was 7 years old...My dad took me...Still have the ticket stubs... I'll never forget it... While I wore allot of Tennessee gear because my dad was a fan I wasn't yet a Tennessee football fan...I fell in love with the big orange that day

Reactions: ArdentVol
My first was a JV game against Georgia Tech after the yearly 4-H club gathering at the Animal Sciences bldg on the Ag campus. The first varsity game was against Hawaii two years later after the same event. David Allen was one of my favorite players, and he had a pick 6. Dammit, I had to go "see a man about a dog" and when I got back, my school friends said, "Your hero scored a TD"

2006 @ Memphis. So many Tiger High fans thought they were gonna upset us.

First game at Neyland was 2014 vs. Utah State. I thought I was in for some great football seasons as a student…

Vandy 1979. I was only 5, so I don't remember anything about the game. But I do remember Vandy running through our T at the beginning of the game (back when our locker room was under the east stands, visitor was in the south like it is today). Not long after that they moved our locker room to the north end. My brother and I alternated going to games for years with my grandmother, sitting in section V row 17 right behind Bowden Wyatt's wife.

Reactions: gnm53108

VN Store

Back