Fire Pruitt

South Carolina has 30 to 40 million in reserve which is why they fired Muschamp.
Tennessee has 10.8 in reserve so they cannot afford to fire Pruitt.

This information was provided by Jimmy Hyams on his pregame show today when asked by callers why Pruitt could not be fired after this season.
Boosters with billions, boosters with billions, boosters with billions.
Keep repeating.
Every team has them. If they want it it happens.
Stop rehashing this UT money crap.

Meanwhile, Chip's team lost by only 3 to Oregon tonight. Must be nice to have a competent head coach. One that we probably could have had here. Sadly, Fulmer doesn't want a head coach that knows how to win or at least be able to put a competitive football team on the field.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Pruitt wants that buyout money
Can they not fire him over incompetence and failure to train the players per his contract as head coach? Seems like if he can hold up his end of the deal, we should be able to terminate with out owing him a penny.

W
I'll match the $1K
Wohoo! And I probably missed some too. I know someone on here can set up an account. If we only raised 5 mil, that would be enough to get big money guys chipping in. I'm good for a few hundred. I had some unfortunate things happen to me this year or I could do better.

I'll match your match. With so many clamoring over the buyout, been wondering if something like this could take hold. We can raise the money our damn selves. My elderly mother said she'll pitch in, too. She doesn't want to die with the VOLS sucking this badly.
Wish I could give you and your Ma 10 more likes.

Starting a freshman who threw for about 340 yards and it was at Georgia where MSU hasn't won since 1956.
That's the thing with Leach. His team might not have the best record this year but they will make improvements. And if there is bad play on the football field he'll make whatever adjustments needed in order to give his team the best chance to win. Imagine what he could have accomplished already by year 3 with the resources here.

So everybody, I've made the suggestion. I'm not sure of the mechanics. I wasn't kidding. There are some very smart attorneys on this site (see Trading Places with Eddie Murphy --lol). Maybe we could get one of them to handle the money as a fiduciary. Freek has one of my email addresses. I'll work with anyone interested.

I watched the game tonight, but I'm growing more apathetic. I was more excited that today it was warm enough to wash, polish, wax and seal my new truck. I hope we find a way to pull a win out over Vandy, but I have my doubts, reckon will see.. I personally don't believe Pruitt can get it done here. We have no chance of ever beating Bama, Florida or UGA with Pruitt as the head coach. I bleed orange, and just hate to see what has become of Tennessee football, as we are constantly stuck in mediocrity. Eventually, Pruitt will be let go and another coaching search and hire will take place, but the Tennessee football program I knew is unlikely to return, but I'll always be a Vols fan.. GBO!

Reactions: onevol74
What is frustrating about this loss tonight is we were not out talented athletically vs. Auburn like we were against Alabama and Georgia. Same applies for Kentucky and Arkansas. Three losses because of inept coaching in preparation, player development and in game coaching decisions.

I've never heard anyone mention that early signing day is 6 days after the season is over. Its either now or never to fire him. With Phil it will be never

VN Store

Back