Fire Pruitt tonight

To all you numb nuts who thinks Pruitt needs to go, was he the one that caused the busted coverage with 13 seconds left to go. I will say Chaney got way to predictable down the stretch with the off tackle run. JG needs to be benched
That was the knock on Chaney at UGA especially the two losses to Bama. As for Pruitt he'll have us winning in a couple of years. His biggest mistakes against BYU were attempting to convert 2 4th downs when our perfect kicker could have had us up by 9 points instead of 3 in the 4th qtr. That's a rookie coaching error imo. I see improvement except at QB and we're forced to have to wait for a change or Bailey's arrival. I think changing QB's will result in even more losses.

This loss is on the defense on the last series of regulation. Taylor takes the hit on this one. Pruitt can't make the plays.... and apparently neither can Taylor
The loss is on the HC. He gambled and lost by trying to go for it on 4th down twice when two FG's would have us up by 9 instead of 3 making Taylor's bad play irrelevant had he used common sense. He needs to realize he doesn't have the mules to force his will at this point and realize he has a weapon in a perfect placekicker that he failed to use. Not once but twice. I'm sick of his ignorant decision making. Had he chose to take the points off of a FG just once we'd won. These players played their asses off to be let down by a coach is what it comes down to. Fulmer needs to snatch Pruitt up by his collar like Pruitt did JG on national TV and tall to his dumbazz. Case closed, all you wanting him fired need to stfu cause he is coaching them up and they are getting better and there's a vast upside. Biggest mistake is letting Martinez go to Nebraska. That's the missing key piece.

Roster may be an argument against SEC teams but for the past two weeks we have played cellar dwellers in very poor conferences.

That was the knock on Chaney at UGA especially the two losses to Bama. As for Pruitt he'll have us winning in a couple of years. His biggest mistakes against BYU were attempting to convert 2 4th downs when our perfect kicker could have had us up by 9 points instead of 3 in the 4th qtr. That's a rookie coaching error imo. I see improvement except at QB and we're forced to have to wait for a change or Bailey's arrival. I think changing QB's will result in even more losses.
Let’s be honest. I realize changing qb’s will only lead to more losses, but so you truly see more wins ( except Chattanooga) keeping JG in?
Let’s start preparing for the future by getting experience for young guys. Season isn’t going to get better with JG in.

Just stop with this nonsense; CJP isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If you can't handle that write the check for however many millions we'd owe him and do something about it. I'm not arguing the strategy was flawed and ultimately cost us the game as it is true. CJP is bringing in better recruits than anyone else in a long time. This year will be hard but suck it up and let the process work. The team will get better through the year and gain experience. Next year we will be the team we wanted this year and I will fire way with you if we are still making dumb decisions. 2021 will be the breaking point for Pruitt. If we are not an SEC East contender and winning games against GA ST and BYU handily he will be gone.

Starting over now would be the dumbest thing UT has ever done and the list is profound......

Reactions: kcvols1
Just stop with this nonsense; CJP isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If you can't handle that write the check for however many millions we'd owe him and do something about it. I'm not arguing the strategy was flawed and ultimately cost us the game as it is true. CJP is bringing in better recruits than anyone else in a long time. This year will be hard but suck it up and let the process work. The team will get better through the year and gain experience. Next year we will be the team we wanted this year and I will fire way with you if we are still making dumb decisions. 2021 will be the breaking point for Pruitt. If we are not an SEC East contender and winning games against GA ST and BYU handily he will be gone.

Starting over now would be the dumbest thing UT has ever done and the list is profound......
If Tennessee goes 2-10 a lot of the 2020 commitments will back out and the 2020 recruiting class will suck and the 2021 recruiting class will most likely suck also.

If Tennessee goes 2-10 a lot of the 2020 commitments will back out and the 2020 recruiting class will suck and the 2021 recruiting class will most likely suck also.

Heard it before. Some will, some won't. Depends on the improvement and who wants to play early. There is a good story to tell and he is a good enough recruiter to tell it.

Please elaborate on how Pruitt lost us the game today? He didn't bust his coverage...don't even start with not going for it on 4th down cuz we did once and got stuffed.
The problem was going for it on fourth down. Cost us points in a game where you know you have a ****** QB. You would think he would understand that our high powered offense needed all the help it could get.

Reactions: hog88
Complaining about the defensive play last night, outside of 1 play, is moronic.

A play that cost the game botched by a 4* athlete that has been in the system for 18 months. A play my 6 grader knows how to execute. A play in which our DB bit on a move usually seen at the high school level, with the game on the line where a deep throw was BYU’s only option. Yeah, who am I to complain?

A play that cost the game botched by a 4* athlete that has been in the system for 18 months. A play my 6 grader knows how to execute. A play in which our DB bit on a move usually seen at the high school level, with the game on the line where a deep throw was BYU’s only option. Yeah, who am I to complain?

Yea, you just literally complained about the one point that I said was worthy of complaining about. Good job at showing your outrage on how right I was. And totally neglecting the part about where there was really good play by the D before that play.

Reactions: vols40
Yea, you just literally complained about the one point that I said was worthy of complaining about. Good job at showing your outrage on how right I was. And totally neglecting the part about where there was really good play by the D before that play.

You’re minimizing the play which cost the game, which is what I’m sure Pruitt will do this week too. Poorly coached team all around, if you can’t see that then I can’t help you

What concerns me about Jeremy is he lacks leadership. His press conferences are all bland coach speak. If he were to come out and say “this is my fault this team isn’t competitive. I apologize to the players and to the fan base. We will not have another loss like this again.” I think he would get a little more respect.

"If you don’t have a strong stomach or a patient disposition, look away for a bit, because this rebuild won’t be for you."

- Wes Rucker

Couldn't have said it better myself. Anyone shocked by these last four losses has not been paying attention for quite some time.

It'll never be pretty cleaning out this latrine of a program, so to expect anything rosy is just foolish. They showed me some heart tonight, so I'm set on returning the favor.

Reactions: vols40 and GoVols64
"If you don’t have a strong stomach or a patient disposition, look away for a bit, because this rebuild won’t be for you."

- Wes Rucker

Couldn't have said it better myself. Anyone shocked by these last four losses has not been paying attention for quite some time.

It'll never be pretty cleaning out this latrine of a program, so to expect anything rosy is just foolish. They showed me some heart tonight, so I'm set on returning the favor.
That statement makes sense and is acceptable for losses to Bama, Georgia, Florida, and maybe SC occasionally.
It fails to hold any water at all against Ga State or BYU.
This is not a matter of working on a rebuild.

Reactions: jtdavis
The excuse for not playing a freshman was proven not to hold water because a freshman beat us. If they are properly coached, a freshman would put more effort into the game than JG does.

I feel bad for my nephew Brandon Johnson..Just purge the damn roster..Let this seniors that dont play leave..To bad Brandon love his teammates because I would transferred a long time ago if I was him..

VN Store

Back