Fire Pruitt tonight

Yes. Fire that skin headed Gump tonight!!! In fact, just shut down the whole friggin program like ETSU did and get rid of everybody. Then in 2 years we can start over as a member of the 1-AA Southern Conference.

Reactions: Rockyjr
No way we fire him. Players have to execute. Alontae Taylor blew it in regulation. Yes time to see what the freshman can do at qb
Why did Taylor blow it ? Because the d—n coaches did not emphasize enough you do not let someone get behind you when they are driving at the end of the game. If Vols only win one or two games this year which is highly likely, Pruitt will not survive until year 3 regardless of his buyout.

So going for it on fourth down instead of kicking a field goal had nothing to do with it? Seems to me those three points would have ended the game in regulation.

He put faith in his team hoping they could get the 1 yard. Regardless of that one call we should have never been this close in a game against BYU.

The defense has no idea what it’s doing on at least half of the plays. It’s year two, knowing how to line up and sub the right guys in should be a no brainer but this staff still makes it look like rocket science
Year 2 for the HC. Game 2 for many on the defense and... oh yeah the DC! They fixed a lot this week but still have a long ways to go

Okay all you D.F. ….(Dumb ****s in case you didn't know what it stood for) I read probably the first 20 messages and jumped straight to the comment section. You are the fans that put us in this situation. Who in the world would want to coach at Tennessee knowing after 2 seasons playing with players from the previous staff is held to such a standard. Yes Dooley did okay, he had players....he was playing with Fulmer's team and a lot of studs that Kiffin brought in with spectacular recruiting. Jones came in and had a lot of talent and brought in talent that wasn't used and wasn't developed. Pruitt is working with crap that he inherited. Best player he inherited was kicked off the team prior to him getting there. Shows you the judgment of the previous staff. Give him a chance, if not shut your mouth. No coach will come to Tennessee if they know they are expected to win the SEC in 3 years of getting the job. Saban inherited studs at Bama and it still took him 3 years to win the SEC.

Uh no, with a rant like that, I think you are the D F.

The guy isn’t a head coach. It is clear.

He put faith in his team hoping they could get the 1 yard. Regardless of that one call we should have never been this close in a game against BYU.

Faith in the same team that could not convert on fourth down multiple times prior. The golden rule in football is that you never leave points on the field.

Okay all you D.F. ….(Dumb ****s in case you didn't know what it stood for) I read probably the first 20 messages and jumped straight to the comment section. You are the fans that put us in this situation. Who in the world would want to coach at Tennessee knowing after 2 seasons playing with players from the previous staff is held to such a standard. Yes Dooley did okay, he had players....he was playing with Fulmer's team and a lot of studs that Kiffin brought in with spectacular recruiting. Jones came in and had a lot of talent and brought in talent that wasn't used and wasn't developed. Pruitt is working with crap that he inherited. Best player he inherited was kicked off the team prior to him getting there. Shows you the judgment of the previous staff. Give him a chance, if not shut your mouth. No coach will come to Tennessee if they know they are expected to win the SEC in 3 years of getting the job. Saban inherited studs at Bama and it still took him 3 years to win the SEC.
He has 4 and 5 stars all over the field and he loses the Ga St and BYU. Not like we scheduled world beaters. Pruitts biggest mess up is not pulling JG.

For all of you calling for Pruitt to be canned, who on earth do you think would come coach this dumpster fire knowing they’ll have 14 games to turn it around or they’re gone? Lol

Reactions: maryvillenative
Wrong. Coaches did not get the DB's into the right coverage. Some were playing cover three and two were playing cover one. That is all on the coaches

You mean the coaches called 2 different schemes on the same play? I doubt it.

Also, which scheme called for Warrior to completely blow the tackle at the 40?

- JG is trash
- Play calling was terrible (see above point for most of this)
- Pruitt has to learn you don't have to go for it on 4th down
- I'm still trying to figure out why the defense seems so confused about how to line up. A lot of young guys, but this is really inexcusable.

Remember all of the pumpers telling us we would have a stellar D because of the great Pruitt. Well, now it looks like he isn’t responsible for the team after all.

I would give Pruitt a big raise and contract extension if he would just bench JG and never play that worthless quarterback again.

pruitt better hope another kid somewhere gets bullied so we can all forget about this loss

VN Store

Back