Fire Pruitt tonight

If you hop off of pruitts nuts for a minute you would remember him passing on that last fg to go for it on 4th for the thousandth time, big mistake. The guy can’t coach. He’s trash.

You are beyond crazy. If the secondary doesn't get out of position and makes the last play on D, UT wins the game! Pruitt does need his head examined for sticking with JG. Unless, he plays the freshman and they prove to be no worse. But, the game was won tonight with players EXECUTING on the last play of regulation borrowing the field goal that was kicked after what should have been the last play!!!

Reactions: 508mikey
You are beyond crazy. If the secondary doesn't get out of position and makes the last play on D, UT wins the game! Pruitt does need his head examined for sticking with JG. Unless, he plays the freshman and they prove to be no worse. But, the game was won tonight with players EXECUTING on the last play of regulation borrowing the field goal that was kicked after what should have been the last play!!!

If you can’t see how awful Jeremy Pruitt is at coaching then you are blind dude.

Like I said, they are currently a better program, thanks for backing me up. Maybe the problem is, some of you don't realize what Pruitt inherited.
That's bologna he took the job don't start crying a river talking about what he Inherited they should beat Ga St and BYU easy with the talent we have EXCUSES ARE LIKE AHOLES EVERYONE GOT ONE

Reactions: jtdavis
I personally don't care what him or any of the other guys have done before this year because something ain't either he's not being allowed to Coach or he is doing the play calling either way the last to weeks have been pitiful Sorry. I was at the spring game and was like maybe they don't want to show anything well I'm still waiting to see this great offense we got players JJ is a best Ty is a home run back Gray is exciting to watch and the Oline is getting better sorry not sorry
Well Bluetick, Juan Jennings, Chandler, and a few others notwithstanding, is it possible we are still a little talent deprived? Otherwise, why are we starting or heavily playing Wanya, Darnell, E. Gray, To'to'o, Crouch, Burrell, etc., etc? Pruitt does not like what he inherited, especially GuaranTANo.

Firing Pruitt isn’t the answer. He deserves at least another year. Until recruiting starts to tank no need to push him out the door. We are playing a lot of young guys and we had the game won minus the play at the end. That’s a mental error on the player and it happens you just hope it happens early in the game to over come it not at the end where it did.

I agree with this. Knee Jerking our way into another buyout and regime change is not the answer this year. Tons of young players out there playing significant minutes. Still confused @ defense and substitutions on D. Offensive line still a bit soft w 2 true FR getting serious minutes.

Best thing to do is ride out the season hoping to improve rather than weaken as the weeks pass. Too soon to fire Pruitt.

Reactions: vols40
firing pruitt right now would be the dumbest thing ever. if we fired after not even 2 full years who would even want to coach here. last coaching search we could’ve had leach but he was basically the only one who wanted to come here. not saying pruitt is the best coach ever or anything but we’re kinda stuck with him for now

Reactions: SpookyAction
I did not expect an immediate turnaround but some improvement which would create optimism within the program and fanbase. What we have now is a complete disaster with zero hope of a turnaround.
The improvement I see is the recruitment of SEC caliber players - Henry T, Crouch, Gray, Wright, Wanya, etc. I just don't expect them to perform like upper classmen right now - but am excited for their potential. Defense lost the game last week - but hard not to put this one almost competely on JG. He was very lucky not to have at least 4 interceptions, missed wide open TD, threw into triple coverage late and behind W-A, late on _everything_, etc etc. Incidentally, i have never been convinced Alontae Taylor is the shutdown corner people make him out to be - he got burned at crucial points last year as well - but he's a true sophomore and perhaps by junior year he will be. But his blunder would not have meant a loss if JG was doing his job. Anyway, firing Pruitt would be dumb. And i don't believe all the recruits will bail. Seeing guys like HT and QC and EG - they can see Pruitt is bringing in a higher caliber of players and it is obvious that is what the team needs. If you're sold on Tennessee, you want to fix it.

If you can’t see how awful Jeremy Pruitt is at coaching then you are blind dude.
Please elaborate on how Pruitt lost us the game today? He didn't bust his coverage...don't even start with not going for it on 4th down cuz we did once and got stuffed.

Now that is a very succinct, logical, and well thought out post. ..and the thought you added 'dude' to the end of it just lets everybody know...you know what you're talking about. I'd keep that bag over my head if I were you...dude.

Please elaborate on how Pruitt lost us the game today? He didn't bust his coverage...don't even start with not going for it on 4th down cuz we did once and got stuffed.

I agree not on Coach Pruitt tonight. But on hindsight probably should have kicked the FG after the drive they just had.

Well Bluetick, Juan Jennings, Chandler, and a few others notwithstanding, is it possible we are still a little talent deprived? Otherwise, why are we starting or heavily playing Wanya, Darnell, E. Gray, To'to'o, Crouch, Burrell, etc., etc? Pruitt does not like what he inherited, especially GuaranTANo.
That's the job he took on he has had these guys for two seasons how I could accept that excuse last year but not after a whole season another spring and another fall camp No can't let noone tell me a lie like that. This schedule was set up perfectly for a bowl game and it has gone down the toilet BOWL

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

First off he shouldn’t have gone for it on that last 4th. Take the 3 there. Also, take jg out. He’s trash. Still misalignments on defense, substitution issues. Poorly coached team. And it’s not just tonight, anyone can see he’s in over his head.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Now that is a very succinct, logical, and well thought out post. ..and the thought you added 'dude' to the end of it just lets everybody know...you know what you're talking about. I'd keep that bag over my head if I were you...dude.

Toes in the sand huh? How fitting for you. More like head in the sand.

The improvement I see is the recruitment of SEC caliber players - Henry T, Crouch, Gray, Wright, Wanya, etc. I just don't expect them to perform like upper classmen right now - but am excited for their potential. Defense lost the game last week - but hard not to put this one almost competely on JG. He was very lucky not to have at least 4 interceptions, missed wide open TD, threw into triple coverage late and behind W-A, late on _everything_, etc etc. Incidentally, i have never been convinced Alontae Taylor is the shutdown corner people make him out to be - he got burned at crucial points last year as well - but he's a true sophomore and perhaps by junior year he will be. But his blunder would not have meant a loss if JG was doing his job. Anyway, firing Pruitt would be dumb. And i don't believe all the recruits will bail. Seeing guys like HT and QC and EG - they can see Pruitt is bringing in a higher caliber of players and it is obvious that is what the team needs. If you're sold on Tennessee, you want to fix it.
I agree with many of your statements except about the most important issue, recruiting. This will turn south starting with 2020 if we only win 2 or 3 games this year. If I was a highly rated recruit I would not pick UT based on what I have observed so far this year with the coaching staff and overall team/fan apathy.

VN Store

Back