Finebaum Now

He was right about Miami, and that will apply to Tennessee soon if Pruitt insists on recruiting thugs.
Was Finebaum right when he compared Miami football to a third world country or was he right three days later when he apologized profusely and said that was not what he meant? Either way, his mouth and his brain are not well-acquainted which was my point.

We have had three players embarrass themselves and the program - two through belligerent, disrespectful interactions with the police and one through a (non-physical) confrontation with his girlfriend that frightened people that overheard it, but apparently did not frighten his girlfriend. I expect that these three have burned their "do-overs" and will be invited to play ball somewhere else if they have any further problems. I would argue that, so far, the other ~ 45 players that Pruitt has recruited are evidence that he does not "insist on recruiting thugs".

Reactions: A.J.
Was Finebaum right when he compared Miami football to a third world country or was he right three days later when he apologized profusely and said that was not what he meant? Either way, his mouth and his brain are not well-acquainted which was my point.

We have had three players embarrass themselves and the program - two through belligerent, disrespectful interactions with the police and one through a (non-physical) confrontation with his girlfriend that frightened people that overheard it, but apparently did not frighten his girlfriend. I expect that these three have burned their "do-overs" and will be invited to play ball somewhere else if they have any further problems. I would argue that, so far, the other ~ 45 players that Pruitt has recruited are evidence that he does not "insist on recruiting thugs".
I agree with your assessment, Pruitt does not insist on recruiting thugs; however, he doesn't seem to mind, and he'll keep the ones that have been identified. I will be shocked if we don't see more of CP's recruits (the ones we have now) in trouble with the law, or, those that have been in trouble with the law, in trouble again.
Discipline on the team is lacking. I watched the Ingraham Angle last night, the former NYC Chief of Police commented on the banks situation, after some of his[banks] video was played He feels the way most sane people do when they watch the videos. It was a bad day for TN, how it goes from here will effect national opinion regarding our school, and our program. We'll hear about this for the rest of the year-from every team we are about to play.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle

If you recruit three that's a problem. He could've recruited none. Don't act like you can't figure out who the bad apples are.

Miami is a third world program and I'm sure Paul was forced to apologize or face losing his job because ESPN is a garbage SJW network that can't face the facts. Tennessee will be a third world program too with a few more Jeremy Banks.

Well Finebaum started off show today with the news out of Knoxville. So far he is basically saying it is very disturbing from Banks and Pruitt. Should be a good show today

If one wanted to add in the Bryce Thompson incident to the Bank, Pruitt situation one would think UT football on the surface is bad.

Reactions: I40flyer
People actually are able to stay awake listening to Finbaum?
He actually gave more credit to Pruitt than deserved. I only saw the last hour. But, he did not bash him when a couple guys called in. He did say P was going to have to learn to communicate properly since he is now a head coach. (Good luck with that.)

This is just the latest example of how unprepared to be a head coach pruit is. Again, how on earth could fulmer have met with him and came away impressed thinking this is the guy I want running all football operations. Just shocking. If he came away thinking he wanted to have pruitt as a defensive coach...I get it. But the head coach is the ceo. And in the opening 2 minutes of his interview the grammar alone should’ve been enough to realize he isn’t a head coach!
So right!

Reactions: vettefool
If you recruit three that's a problem. He could've recruited none. Don't act like you can't figure out who the bad apples are.

Miami is a third world program and I'm sure Paul was forced to apologize or face losing his job because ESPN is a garbage SJW network that can't face the facts. Tennessee will be a third world program too with a few more Jeremy Banks.

Okay, have it your way...Finebaum is not foolish, just spineless. In any event, people should be cautious about putting too much stock in his opinions.

I'm not pretending to be unaware, I just thought everyone on Volnation knew the names of our players who had gotten in trouble - Banks, George, and Thompson. If you are aware of others, please give us a heads-up since there is nothing worse than reading it on Volnation the week before a big game.

Yes, Pruitt could have recruited zero players with legal issues. But, since >30% of young men today are arrested at least once by age 23, he would have had to really beat the odds to have zero from a sample of 50 men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Ratliff
Okay, have it your way...Finebaum is not foolish, just spineless. In any event, people should be cautious about putting too much stock in his opinions.

I'm not pretending to be unaware, I just thought everyone on Volnation knew the names of our players who had gotten in trouble - Banks, George, and Thompson. If you are aware of others, please give us a heads-up since there is nothing worse than reading it on Volnation the week before a big game.

Yes, Pruitt could have recruited zero players with legal issues. But, since >30% of young men today are arrested at least once by age 23, he would have had to really beat the odds to have zero from a sample of 50 men.
Most of the recruits are HS students, 18 years of age, if they had been arrested, there is a high chance their criminal records would be sealed. Most of these "Stats" are unreliable, and are often done by those with an ax to grind. But none the less, I don't know how one would get all the juvenile records, so they could determine arrests of large groups of recruits. It appears we are not doing our due diligence, for example, taylor had a court order of protection taken out by one of his girls friends-she claimed he threatened to kill her, but he came to TN anyway, and guess what? Even though the new girl friend suddenly did not feel threatened, he was arrested for another incident involving threats to one of his current girl friends. As stated, when it came court time, she did not feel threatened, she was just mad at Bryce because some old ho had left her false eye lashes in his apt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myrtleturtle
I agree with your assessment, Pruitt does not insist on recruiting thugs; however, he doesn't seem to mind, and he'll keep the ones that have been identified. I will be shocked if we don't see more of CP's recruits (the ones we have now) in trouble with the law, or, those that have been in trouble with the law, in trouble again.
Discipline on the team is lacking. I watched the Ingraham Angle last night, the former NYC Chief of Police commented on the banks situation, after some of his[banks] video was played He feels the way most sane people do when they watch the videos. It was a bad day for TN, how it goes from here will effect national opinion regarding our school, and our program. We'll hear about this for the rest of the year-from every team we are about to play.
I agree, play Banks Saturday!

I agree, play Banks Saturday!
Fantastic, glad you're seeing clearly, it's a great improvement. But why stop at banks? Taylor should be another starter, we are still going to lose, but it will give the SEC commentators something to talk about when the game gets slow.

Fantastic, glad you're seeing clearly, it's a great improvement. But why stop at banks? Taylor should be another starter, we are still going to lose, but it will give the SEC commentators something to talk about when the game gets slow.
Taylor has not had any legal issues - it’s our other corner, Thompson who was charged with assault. Charges were dismissed and his girlfriend maintained from the beginning that she was not afraid of him, so no assault. Probably had to fix the gate he beat up.

Reactions: I40flyer

I think you made up that statistic. You have a link to support?

Allowing this type of behavior just because they are Star Athletes got us here. It's been going on since Elementary School with some of these guys. NO Consequences for anything they do. WELL; here is your full grown result. Next stop; Brushy Mtn.
Brushy is actually closed. Its a tour destination, resteraunt, and moonshine distillery now

VN Store

Back