Fight after the game

This is yet another sign of a leaderless, undisciplined, poorly coached team. I really hate to see this, but it’s Year 3 and we’re still a team that can’t get our act together consistently when the pressure is on. Still a lot of football to play … However, we haven’t seen anything through 3 games to give us much confidence that this team is more than a 7-5 (or maybe 6-6) record.

Last edited:
If you want to excuse thug behavior like that, then I can see where players think it's acceptable.

The Florida QB was dancing around the field and his knee was NOT on the ground whenever he got hit.

If you think that’s “thuggish” behavior then you’re truly a soft individual.

Extra points dont run off time.

Extra points dont run off time.

And onside kicks might only run off a couple of seconds - the clock doesn’t start running as soon as the kicker’s foot touches the ball. Joe only needed 0:01 to attempt a Hail Mary. The 3rd down play began with 45 seconds left. Heupel didn’t do anything wrong using that TO. In hindsight it’s easy to second guess the decision.

One thing I noticed and I admit I couldn't see the whole field but the Florida bench emptied and the Vol bench did not. Doesn't speak of a team effort or team love. The TO was a bush league move. Don't remember a more lack luster performance from a Vol team. I'd say we have several more losses this year.

And onside kicks might only run off a couple of seconds - the clock doesn’t start running as soon as the kicker’s foot touches the ball. Joe only needed 0:01 to attempt a Hail Mary. The 3rd down play began with 45 seconds left. Heupel didn’t do anything wrong using that TO. In hindsight it’s easy to second guess the decision.
I agree I think he tried, our OL has to do better early in road games. If the OL can perform we are capable of winning games. Seems as if when the stage is big we crumble on the road except LSU. It is mostly due to the OL not doing their job. My question is with the technology and money that goes into Football can they not simulate crowd noise in a better way ? Not saying thats all it is, lack of focus is another problem imo

One thing I noticed and I admit I couldn't see the whole field but the Florida bench emptied and the Vol bench did not. Doesn't speak of a team effort or team love. The TO was a bush league move. Don't remember a more lack luster performance from a Vol team. I'd say we have several more losses this year.

It wasn’t bush league at all. It was probably an error in his math, but Heupel isn’t going to do the cyphering while the clock is moving. There was 0:45 remaining when the 3rd down began.

Idk if it’s true but Heup was quoted that he called our last timeout so TN could get the ball back and try to score. Heup then told the reporter that their QB was running around, so the TN player was supposed to tackle him.

Again, I didn’t see it and idk if Heup said that. But supposedly there is audio of Heup apologizing to Napier end of game.
Why would he apologize?

On a normal play yes. If you play to the whistle on a slide or kneel, you’re asking for a penalty. Human response is delayed, and the play itself is what determines the play is dead.

Heupel calling timeout with six seconds was a douchebag move which led to all the hoopla. That was about as classless at it comes. Take the a.. whipping like a man. Get used to it. Going to be a long season.
Sounds like you're all dawg and no Vol.
There was no asswhipping. There was nothing wrong with the timeout.

Heupel apologized to Napier for taking the timeout. If he was truly trying to score, he runs a play when we got the ball back. But all we did was kneel it.

Unfortunately.......a certain VOL defensive player decided to hit the Gator QB when he was down taking a knee and blasted him over. I've told many on here already, I don't give a got-dang if he is a Gator QB.....you do not hit a kneeling Quarterback! That's thug behavior and the lowest of the low. I'm seriously wondering why Heupel isn't reigning in this sort of crap. Why is he not coaching some discipline!
the QB was eating the clock out. JUst as he started to kneel he got hit ( barely) our guy tried to stop. It wasn't late and it wasnt much more than a slight push as he was trying to stop. He could have creamed him, but was obviously trying to stop. the Florida players rushed in and pushed, I saw at least two gators throw punches, one at Haddon. I didnt see haddon punch back. Did I see they called Targeting on Thomas? for that piddly push? thats BS if they did. I better see some gators sitting out next week. I know of at least 2 that threw full blown punches, with no retaliation from vols

On a normal play yes. If you play to the whistle on a slide or kneel, you’re asking for a penalty. Human response is delayed, and the play itself is what determines the play is dead.
And if the ref doesn't blow the whistle and the ball carrier continues to run? I'm curious about the rule.

Is there a link confirming the apology?
Josh Heupel apologizes to Billy Napier as they shake hands after #Gators 29-16 win.

#Vols had to come back out of the locker room to take a knee on final play of the game. Tennessee had used their final timeout before Florida's fourth down kneel down that sparked shoving match.

Daren Stoltzfus WESH - posted the video on his news channel. You can also see it on Twitter, but I am not smart enough to link it I guess

VN Store

Back