Fight after the game

Actually, it looked like he tried to pull up once the QB started to kneel. The FL players started the pushing.

With 8 seconds left, why didn't the QB take a knee as soon as the ball was snapped? There was no need to dance around in the backfield like that.
Because it was already 4th down and there were about 8 seconds left. Taking a knee would have given TN the ball with roughly 6 seconds.

Reactions: GBOx2
We all wanted the Vols to go into the Swamp and put up a good fight. They just waited till after the game was over to do it. That whole debacle is on Heupel for calling the time out. Looks like he waited till the game was over to try and coach.
Napier also to blame, he called a time out w/ 14 seconds left with no purpose at all

Reactions: GAVol and SAPPER 5
lol @ the "cheap shot"

QB had the chance to take a knee right away. Ball was snapped with 9 seconds and QB didn't attempt a knee until the 6 second mark. At the end of the day that falls on the QB. Imagine if his dumb-ss got badly injured from an OL-DL falling directly on his leg? It wouldve been entirely his fault.

The "fight" was nonexistent. Players jawing, a few guys throwing their body around. Hadden immediately got in the middle and squared up helmet to helmet on against an OLman. Comical stuff. ESPN got what they wanted out of it.

He kneeled a split second before being hit by an already approaching D Lineman… it wasn’t a late hit (regardless of the stupid official tossing his flag). The QB waited to take a knee until after Omari had already begun to lean in for the tackle.
100%, It's not like a hook slide where he is down on the moment he begins to slide, he was dancing around trying to clear the clock and took a knee at the last second. That is on the QB.

Does anyone know how the penalty came out, I think I saw a flag, and heard it was targenting? and what about the fight with Haden? too bad he didn't show more fight earlier in the game.

It was a personal foul with targeting. They took targeting away. Called the teams back out of the locker rooms and did 1 final snap that we kneeled to end the game

Reactions: FlVols
If the qb didn't wanna get hit he should have taken a knee instead of dancing around!

Excusing that thug behavior is not Tennessee football and you need to learn better on that sir!!!!
So you dont want our players to play to the whistle, hell, it they just walked of the field in the second qtr they would have saved us from watching the rest of that mess. You need to learn to be better than that as a poster sir!!!!

He kneeled a split second before being hit by an already approaching D Lineman… it wasn’t a late hit (regardless of the stupid official tossing his flag). The QB waited to take a knee until after Omari had already begun to lean in for the tackle.
Agree. It was dumb. If you watch replay, Thomas was pulling off as he made contact once he realized the QB was taking a knee. The flag was about as dumb as our timeout.

Reactions: super MOM
Unfortunately.......a certain VOL defensive player decided to hit the Gator QB when he was down taking a knee and blasted him over. I've told many on here already, I don't give a got-dang if he is a Gator QB.....you do not hit a kneeling Quarterback! That's thug behavior and the lowest of the low. I'm seriously wondering why Heupel isn't reigning in this sort of crap. Why is he not coaching some discipline!
It was a tapping on the QB. Barely touched him. The optics were bad but there was no hard hit.

lol @ the "cheap shot"

QB had the chance to take a knee right away. Ball was snapped with 9 seconds and QB didn't attempt a knee until the 6 second mark. At the end of the day that falls on the QB. Imagine if his dumb-ss got badly injured from an OL-DL falling directly on his leg? It wouldve been entirely his fault.

The "fight" was nonexistent. Players jawing, a few guys throwing their body around. Hadden immediately got in the middle and squared up helmet to helmet on against an OLman. Comical stuff. ESPN got what they wanted out of it.

I believe it was 4th down and the QB was trying to run out the clock.

Reactions: Raebo and Credo2
It was a tapping on the QB. Barely touched him. The optics were bad but there was no hard hit.
Exactly… Florida shouldn’t have called timeout. We shouldn’t have called timeout. Ref should’ve never flagged the last play. It was like everybody was trying to fuel a fight.

Unfortunately.......a certain VOL defensive player decided to hit the Gator QB when he was down taking a knee and blasted him over. I've told many on here already, I don't give a got-dang if he is a Gator QB.....you do not hit a kneeling Quarterback! That's thug behavior and the lowest of the low. I'm seriously wondering why Heupel isn't reigning in this sort of crap. Why is he not coaching some discipline!
When the QB got hit, he wasn’t taking a knee.

His knee was NOT on the ground, therefore the play was still on when OT hit him.

It’s football, not ballerina.

Yes, the sequence of events at the end of the game was bad, but for all of you slinging mud at our coach and players, you're way off base. I was there and saw it all in person. Mertz was dancing around trying to run off the clock until right as Thomas was about to hit him. As soon as Mertz hit the ground the FLA players started going after Thomas and several of our other guys who were in the area. The Fla bench then basically joined the fray since it was right in front of them. Most of our guys were simply defending themselves. As for the penalties, Thomas was flagged for the questionable personal foul with targeting (which was waved off upon review) and FLA was flagged for Unsportsmanlike Conduct for the brawl. No Vols were flagged for fighting.

Looks like from the video 76 and 54 from Florida were the aggressors the whole way during the “scuffle”. A few Florida players confronted our guy, then 76 comes running up and pushes our guy harder than we touched their QB. Looks like Hadden was defending himself from the #54 Florida guy. Hadden was backing away and didn’t square up till 54 took a lunge toward him.

Reactions: coachputmein
Just like a slide as soon as he starts going towards the ground the play is dead
The kneeling movement from start to finish takes about 0.25s. It takes longer than that to stop 300 pounds. Thomas was CLEARLY attempting to put on the breaks. He didn’t do anything wrong.

Reactions: HalfullVol
We all wanted the Vols to go into the Swamp and put up a good fight. They just waited till after the game was over to do it. That whole debacle is on Heupel for calling the time out. Looks like he waited till the game was over to try and coach.
Amen brother!!

It’s a penalty every time. It’s one of those rules that’s not fair to the defense. It’s like the dumb QB slides, when the defender is running full speed, and at the last minute the QB slides and the defender gets flagged for hitting him. It’s an unfair rule, but a rule nonetheless. That play is a penalty basically 100/100 times

Reactions: coachputmein
100%, It's not like a hook slide where he is down on the moment he begins to slide, he was dancing around trying to clear the clock and took a knee at the last second. That is on the QB.

Does anyone know how the penalty came out, I think I saw a flag, and heard it was targenting? and what about the fight with Haden? too bad he didn't show more fight earlier in the game.
Decided it was not targeting

VN Store

Back