Fight after the game

They changed the rule to stop people from being able to fake kneel. As soon as the kneeling motion starts, the play is dead now
Ah ok, I can see that. They should probably change that to include don’t be running around before taking the knee, you may get hit lol.

Unfortunately.......a certain VOL defensive player decided to hit the Gator QB when he was down taking a knee and blasted him over. I've told many on here already, I don't give a got-dang if he is a Gator QB.....you do not hit a kneeling Quarterback! That's thug behavior and the lowest of the low. I'm seriously wondering why Heupel isn't reigning in this sort of crap. Why is he not coaching some discipline!

QB shouldn’t of danced around like a monkey before taking a knee

Ah ok, I can see that. They should probably change that to include don’t be running around before taking the knee, you may get hit lol.
They do have an addendum that says if the QB does not kneel right away and the hit is unavoidable it’s not a penalty. But that’s such a judgement call. He didn’t have to hit him, but being a former player, if I was in that situation, I’d probably have hit him also lol

Actually, it looked like he tried to pull up once the QB started to kneel. The FL players started the pushing.

With 8 seconds left, why didn't the QB take a knee as soon as the ball was snapped? There was no need to dance around in the backfield like that.
It was 4th down so he had to run around to kill the 8 seconds or we would’ve gotten another possession.

Hadden came back there to defend Omari when all the gator lineman were after him. I see no problem with defending your teammate
Hell I take it as improvement. That was the closest Hadden got to a gator player all night so at least he ended on a strong note.

Reactions: Tnslim1
Go look at the replay and , if you are honest, you will agree.

That Gator QB was on a knee from what I see. How many young kids you think saw that move and think it's ok to do? These players are supposed to be upstanding athletes and let the score speak for itself. Pulling that stunt is unacceptable and gives a bad attitude vibe off that we don't need.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
That Gator QB was on a knee from what I see. How many young kids you think saw that move and think it's ok to do? These players are supposed to be upstanding athletes and let the score speak for itself. Pulling that stunt is unacceptable and gives a bad attitude vibe off that we don't need.
Oh please give me a ***** break. Really you think Football players above all don't play with aggression ? Fights do happen in football. It was a scuffle that led to no one getting hurt. Florida guys protecting their QB and our guys protecting our own. I will also add if you don't want to get hit get tf down. The timeouts are not an issue thats part of the game. I dont think the hit was dirty at all. He checked up. Lesson here is if you are a QB don't try to be cute. Get down

Heupel calling timeout with six seconds was a douchebag move which led to all the hoopla. That was about as classless at it comes. Take the a.. whipping like a man. Get used to it. Going to be a long season.

There was 45 seconds before the 3rd down play began. Heupel was focused on getting his TO called as quickly as possible. He wasn’t going to analyze whether or not he would be upsetting someone if he should call it or not. I’m glad that Dobbs didn’t take a knee and quit at the end of the 2016 Georgia game.

Our guy was clearly pulling off as best he could and didn’t come close to hitting him full on.

Yeah, agreed, but there was a question as to why he ran around. He didn’t make it the full 8 seconds but that’s why he didn’t kneel immediately as others have suggested he should have.
Either take a knee or run a play. 9 seconds was way too long tell the QB to run around.

If you’d look again, his knee was not down whenever he was hit.

You’re just making false assumptions.

Reactions: EasternVol
The only thing I question is the TO. Just not possible to get a score, extra pount, score in :09. That was a mistake by a very competitive coach. Huep's getting killed on X with very.little support. Not a good look for the program.

The only thing I question is the TO. Just not possible to get a score, extra pount, score in :09. That was a mistake by a very competitive coach. Huep's getting killed on X with very.little support. Not a good look for the program.
Extra points dont run off time.

Unfortunately.......a certain VOL defensive player decided to hit the Gator QB when he was down taking a knee and blasted him over. I've told many on here already, I don't give a got-dang if he is a Gator QB.....you do not hit a kneeling Quarterback! That's thug behavior and the lowest of the low. I'm seriously wondering why Heupel isn't reigning in this sort of crap. Why is he not coaching some discipline!
For one, the QB was not kneeling he was running around trying to run the clock out. If you don't remember it that way you can go see it on YouTube, QB was not on his knees. Secondly, if we had not called a no nonsense time out that most likely wouldn't have happened.

VN Store

Back