Favorite TV announcer

Sivad

Just wondering, since there’s not much football to talk about right now, who everyone’s favorite tv announcer is or was. If this has already been covered then please excuse me.
My favorite college football announcer was Keith Jackson. Used to love Saturday afternoons watching a game with him.
John Madden was my favorite in NFL. I also liked Howard Cosel although it took me a while to get used to him doing football.
Dandy Don Meredith had to be the absolute worst. I’m sure you guys can bring up many more that I have forgotten about

Just wondering, since there’s not much football to talk about right now, who everyone’s favorite tv announcer is or was. If this has already been covered then please excuse me.
My favorite college football announcer was Keith Jackson. Used to love Saturday afternoons watching a game with him.
John Madden was my favorite in NFL. I also liked Howard Cosel although it took me a while to get used to him doing football.
Dandy Don Meredith had to be the absolute worst. I’m sure you guys can bring up many more that I have forgotten about
Lance Russell Memphis wrestling announcer.

There is a lot Hello Friends Jim Nantz,baseball can't beat Vin Scully or Harry Caray

If wrestling is being considered, it’s Jim Ross for me! Non wrestling, I’m not a Cowboys fan but I’ve always liked Troy Aikman’s commentary.

Reactions: TNRazor
On a serious note, Verne Lundquist.
For all the hate Gary (deservedly) gets, both announcers he’s worked with have been pretty good. Verne’s call of the Dobbs nail boot is iconic, far more so than dear old BK, and Nessler’s call of the Bama game last year was very good as well. “There’s a big pass play that’s there!”
“On the way, a knuckleball…HE GOT IT!”

Lance Russell Memphis wrestling announcer.
jerry-lawler-lance-russell.gif

VN Store

Back