Favorite TV announcer

Yankee batter walked and Mickey Mantle is next up with bases loaded.

"Brother there ain't no worse place you can be than this!

Loved Diz, stopped at his Rest Area in Wiggins, MS., coming back from Biloxi.

On one broadcast, Diz told a story on himself from his past: A new batter takes a lot of time while digging in real deep before Diz throws the first pitch. Diz glares in and says to him "Are you finished digging?" Batter says yes, Diz says: "Good, cause they're gonna bury you right there!!"

Or, when a pitcher came to the plate: "Anybody with a bat in his hands is dangerous."

I'll never forget him going berserk during a game when a batter erased the batter's box back line and was clearly out of the box when the pitcher threw the pitch and the batter hits a homer. I think it was Clemente, but not sure of that. Man, he really hated hitters getting a drop on a pitcher.

Classic. Wasn't it Falstaff beer they were hawking?
Yes…Falstaff beer. One of my earliest memories! My neighbor is actually kin to the Dean family. Said they were the salt of the earth people. Soooo many Dizzy stories not enough space to tell. Dizzy and Daffy were two extraordinarily talented pitchers in their day.

Yes…Falstaff beer. One of my earliest memories! My neighbor is actually kin to the Dean family. Said they were the salt of the earth people. Soooo many Dizzy stories not enough space to tell. Dizzy and Daffy were two extraordinarily talented pitchers in their day.

Man, would I like to hear those stories!

He was hilarious. "And the runner slood into second base."

CFB on TV, Keith Jackson. If you’ve ever heard a group of sports hacks trading KJisms, you know this to be true.

MLB, Red Barber and Mel Allen (TWIB!).

Soccer, Andres Cantor. Goooooooooooooooal!

Roundball, Dickie V, Bill Rafferty, Jim Nantz, Enberg, Fleming…

NFL, who cares. After hearing Howard Cosell, can it matter?

Reactions: SpookyAction
I'd like to see Ian Eagle do a TV broadcast...guy is GREAT on Westwood Sports radio.
Really surprised someone from TV Land hasn't snatched him up or at least given him a try.

Too bad we can't have McElroy and Charles Davis in one booth.
They are the best today.
I don't see a reason to have a distinction between play-by-play and color commentary in 2023.

Sean is my favorite right now. Him and Todd Blackledge make a great team. The little talk between them after the pitt game stung alittle but i got over it already.

ESPN's Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge caught on hot mic
"ESPN app, screw it." :D

The 3 Daves on Jefferson Pilot was some good SEC football back in the day.
Man they were awesome. You don't know what you've got, til it's gone.
Andre Ware was good too. He was shaky at first, but became quite good.

VN Store

Back